Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on some warframes - Revenant, Octavia, Harrow, Frost and Gauss

Silvertap

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m not sitting through a 2hr long video only to find out you were lying to me and they don’t discuss Revenant.

Time Stamp. Plz.

I already linked to u, this is inside info, direct from Rebeca, if u wanna know u watch the vid, otherwise i can't do much, if i could i would mark for u, but i don't remember when they talked about it, but they do.

2 hours ago, Silvertap said:

I already linked to u, this is inside info, direct from Rebeca, if u wanna know u watch the vid, otherwise i can't do much, if i could i would mark for u, but i don't remember when they talked about it, but they do.

Just reply to me with time of the video they talk about Revenant. I literally have no interest in anything outside of information potentially leading to a Revenant rework. It’s not my fault you can’t remember. So I will repeat.

Time Stamp Plz.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Time Stamp Plz

Do not worry. I did not notice that they were saying something important about revenant. I only heard about revenant in one place when they were discussing the useless rewards of the frame parts that we are already building.

4 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Do not worry. I did not notice that they were saying something important about revenant. I only heard about revenant in one place when they were discussing the useless rewards of the frame parts that we are already building.

Actually they explain how Revenant was made, why there is some changes that are impossible/very hard to do, because some warframes are built based in a theme, and Rebeca says that as much as people complain about revenant been weak, numbers shows the he is way above the avarege, and then DK ends the discussion saing that the problem seens to be that he is boring to play. I think it is worth watching to understand this things.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just reply to me with time of the video they talk about Revenant. I literally have no interest in anything outside of information potentially leading to a Revenant rework. It’s not my fault you can’t remember. So I will repeat.

Time Stamp Plz.

For the last time, if u wanna watch it look for it, i don't remember in wich part it is...

31 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Actually they explain how Revenant was made, why there is some changes that are impossible/very hard to do, because some warframes are built based in a theme, and Rebeca says that as much as people complain about revenant been weak, numbers shows the he is way above the avarege, and then DK ends the discussion saing that the problem seens to be that he is boring to play. I think it is worth watching to understand this things.

Maybe I missed it. There was too much chatter.

This should not be the limit of fantasy. It should be the direction. Yes, it is possible you can’t change the frame completely, but some aspects of the game can be changed to have different mechanics, but support the same theme. Theme and implementation are two different things. A theme cannot be an excuse for a poor or boring implementation. 

Revenant is a fairly broad theme. For example, limbo can be called a revenant, if you give him a certain story about how he ended up in another world and captured him in order to return to reality. You know. This is an example of the fact that the mechanics can be completely different, but still linked into one theme.

I think revenant is fine. But if DE themselves admit that revenant is in a bad place, but do nothing to change this, it at least scares me.

Edited by selig_fay
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

This should not be the limit of fantasy. It should be the direction. Yes, it is possible you can’t change the frame completely, but some aspects of the game can be changed to have different mechanics, but support the same theme. Theme and implementation are two different things. A theme cannot be an excuse for a poor or boring implementation. 

Revenant is a fairly broad theme. For example, limbo can be called a revenant, if you give him a certain story about how he ended up in another world and captured him in order to return to reality. You know. This is an example of the fact that the mechanics can be completely different, but still linked into one theme.

I won't disagree, but if u want know what the devs think about it, and how it was constructed u should watch the vid.

Also, i guess his name came from the initial ideas about how he should be, at first he should be a vampire themed, but people (players) thoght it should be about Eidolons, and there was born Revenant - His abilities are interpretations of eidolons skill and characteristics.

Also wasn't DE that said the he is boring, it was DK Diamantes, Rebeca likes Revenant.

Edited by Silvertap

33 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Also, i guess his name came from the initial ideas about how he should be, at first he should be a vampire themed, but people (players) thoght it should be about Eidolons, and there was born Revenant - His abilities are interpretations of eidolons skill and characteristics

I understand. And I'm basically sure that now the ability is almost suitable. But revenant is not what I will play. I don’t know, revenant fine, but that’s all, I don’t feel anything else for this frame.

On the other hand, Titania. This is a frame that has many bugs and bad mechanics. This frame, which gave me a lot of pain, until I found my perfect build. This frame, which has utilities at gunplatform level like Inaros for example. But you know what? I am small and I can fly. Just the fact of it is fun. And I often see people trying to look at me when we wait on exit. It gives a certain impression, you know? Just one, albeit not a damn good skill, keeps me for playing this *rainbow ponies*. I love it, but I hate it.

I think that many frames do not give the impression that they should. Nyx, on the other hand, still suffers from both the theme and the implementation.

Edited by selig_fay
  • Like 1

vor 39 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

I think revenant is fine. But if DE themselves admit that revenant is in a bad place, but do nothing to change this, it at least scares me.

This so much here, DE's main problem is also concepts are cool adn all but should not ignore the world building and connection and gameplay to the world.

Hildryn, Garuda, Baruuk are all are some good concepts and some play good but world building? No connections? Then they try to "fix" it with the LEviran, a poor excuse of Lore in my eyes, as epic some stories can be escpecilly older frames, i rather have real quests like Octavia and Harrow, and not lame ones like Revenant or worst one Nidus.

Leviran is my biggest gripe on concepts right now, big nice stories but nothing feels connected or proove of for us, no ruins we find or recordings, just some guy telling us some "epic" stories. If i only want to hear stories i listen to a udio book or read a book, i want some visuals in my game, why else play a game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

On the other hand, Titania. This is a frame that has many bugs and bad mechanics. This frame, which gave me a lot of pain, until I found my perfect build. This frame, which has utilities at gunplatform level like Inaros for example. But you know what? I am small and I can fly. Just the fact of it is fun. And I often see people trying to look at me when we wait on exit. It gives a certain impression, you know? Just one, albeit not a damn good skill, keeps me for playing this *rainbow ponies*. I love it, but I hate it.

I feel you, not all warframes works like we think they should, and some have some lacking mechanics, some we wish were strongger. On the other hand, i think this is kind of the "magic" of games, when i start playing game at first i feel then really good, then i start to find defects, and thinking what should be better... i mean it is kind of natural process i guess, since us humans are forever unsatisfied (as said Freud). 

Also, when we talk about warframes, since we have quit a lot of then, i think they should have a variety, i mean not all of then need to be strong, but they should pursue diferent types of game play, so to people with diferent tastes can have fun. I mean, if Titania makes u happy, and u can have fun with her, that is good enough i guess, having fun is the hole point of gaming i think, of course u can aways give your feedbacks and hope for the best. If u want be more objective to missions there is also frames for that... i mean this is all my opnion, but i understant your points ^^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

This so much here, DE's main problem is also concepts are cool adn all but should not ignore the world building and connection and gameplay to the world.

Hildryn, Garuda, Baruuk are all are some good concepts and some play good but world building? No connections? Then they try to "fix" it with the LEviran, a poor excuse of Lore in my eyes, as epic some stories can be escpecilly older frames, i rather have real quests like Octavia and Harrow, and not lame ones like Revenant or worst one Nidus.

Leviran is my biggest gripe on concepts right now, big nice stories but nothing feels connected or proove of for us, no ruins we find or recordings, just some guy telling us some "epic" stories. If i only want to hear stories i listen to a udio book or read a book, i want some visuals in my game, why else play a game.

I agree, but deadlock protocol was a happy surprise in this regard, i hope levarian will work just as a way to further in warframe lore, and not a substitute.

But that is another topic i guess... Good remark thought.

32 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Secret zones indicated by Leviran. It is interesting.

On the other hand, I would like some kind of simulation over the memories in these places. I mean, for example, to see that pure artificial forest before the greneer and meet the greneer army at the gate, fighting for something, in the end to fall and die, because these are memories that I can’t change. 

I mean, every frame has its own story. And with the help of gameplay and scripts, it would be possible to evoke more feelings than with the help of text, although I do not think that the text is poorly written.

Edited by selig_fay
  • Like 2