Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 months since I have quit my addiction.

Midas

I can proudly say it has been four whole months since I last played Warframe addictively in seven years. I am free of the grind game 🙂

How many months has it been for you mysterious screen reader?

• Like 9

I took about a month off to rack up 300 hours and 5 play-throughs of XCOM 2, then recently came back. I've just reached rank 30 on Nightwave and finished re-neutralising the Syndicates, though, so I might be gone for another stretch, especially now that I've just started a sixth play-through.

I wouldn't say Warframe is an addiction for me, anyway. More like something I put my headphones down for and pair with a nice YouTube video on my phone to relax. Some time ago, I heard someone calls that kind of game a "podcast game." Warframe is my "podcast game," except I don't listen to podcasts.

Certainly not a game that makes me go "just one more mission," or "just going to scan this," and then end up keeping me glued till 6am - not mentioning any *coughXCOMcough* names - anyway.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Midas said:

I can proudly say it has been four whole months since I last played Warframe addictively in seven years. I am free of the grind game 🙂

I logged in a couple months ago just to stand around on my ship, played around on my phone and then logged off and uninstalled to make room for another game (Metro Exodus). I played since '14 but I quit/stopped playing back in January I believe. I have my ups and down periods of time where I will take long breaks away from the game, to come back and play for a few months and then move on to something else. I was addicted to WF at one point, but I wouldn't say I am now and unlike in the past I where I was hopeful of future content, I don't really look forward to the new content on this game. I view it's like having a room painted one color for years and then just wanting to look at something new. Not that Warframe is not a good game, it's just not a game I really look forward to playing anymore. I look at it as just any other game now, working towards getting into VR supported games now. Forums I bounce around on from time to time, because I still have a curious side to me that wonders where DE may take the game next. Maybe they can bring back old vet players but I don't feel that is their aim for content. 

• Like 1

Gone for like half a year since i lost my old acc,Came back at feburary and some few days,a week lus breaks after getting the gist of railjack and lichs on my new second acc after that i rushed nw like a madman while doing some side things also like leveling up stuff,trying out stuff doing sorties and crafting a bunch of stuff i never cared about on foundry cuase rivens and got to rank 30 yesterday.

I still could like do some fissures for forma bps but i dont really have anything to rush forma wise and not the nerve to forma anything now,taking a break till deadlock project comes to consoles,then after ive thoroughly got everything i want from the new update ill just go off for a long break till the game releases the 5th part of nw with a prize,if the 5th part reward will be also 7.5k nw standings then ill not bother.

Almost burned out of warframe,not sure if i can get myself to do Dogs Days at least for the floofs.

• Like 1

I binge and purge WF. I think the longest Ive gone without playing was eight months. WF is like a car wreck, we all know what it is but we have to slow down to give it a glimpse every now and then. When Cyberpunk 2077 drops I prolly wont play WF for a very long time. By the time I might want to get back into WF I will be surprised if it is still around.

2 hours ago, Midas said:

Since day 1 of playing warframe.  I refuse to be addicted to games any more.

Also means I'll never get the skills necessary for sorties and the like.  *shrugs* I can live with that.

6 plus years and not regretting a minute of it (okay except when Bugjack was BUGGY like a entemology lab that broke containment). 
Why?
No paid DLC.
Loot boxes are part of FtP framework (relics), and fashion frame is endgame.
ALWAYS secrets and lore bits to find every time I go in.

I do understand burnout.  I really really do.
However; you wanna leave *points to door*; safe journey and hope you find your happiness elsewhere.  Hope you don't mind if I don't care and just go ahaed and wipe out a few hundred G'neer while you pack your stuff up and leave. 🖕😁🤘

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midas said:

I don't play at all anymore, nothing in this game ever changes. Haven't seriously played since around 2018. 

• Like 4

There was a time when i put in more than 40hrs in a week playing Warframe. I'm glad I'm not at that level of addiction anymore, but it was fun. 

I do sometimes wonder if I would've been overwhelmed with today's game. There's so much to do compared to back then. 

30 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There was a time when i put in more than 40hrs in a week playing Warframe. I'm glad I'm not at that level of addiction anymore, but it was fun. 

I do sometimes wonder if I would've been overwhelmed with today's game. There's so much to do compared to back then. 

Been here about 6 months and it is quite overwhelming.

This game is very addicting and I’ll just say I’m grateful to have a full time job and a SO that doesn’t like to watch me play video games. I can only play an hour or so a day on weekdays under those conditions but if she wasn’t around to keep me in check I could definitely see myself falling into addiction territory. Only logged about 300 hours in those 6 months so I’m think I’m safe for now.

17 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

Since day 1 of playing warframe.  I refuse to be addicted to games any more.

Also means I'll never get the skills necessary for sorties and the like.  *shrugs* I can live with that.

Sure you will. It will just take take a year or so. Nothing wrong with that. Some days I only play a single capture mission and then log out again.  A relic a day keeps Baro in play!

I play less per day than I did previously, but that kinda pattern follows content releases and events pretty much. Dont really play anything else instead, got some family matters to attend to and the hot part of the year is here so...

May take a break later this year depending how Avengers and Cyberpunk turns out. Chance are big though that both will disappoint me due to my high standards on Marvel games and a long experience with the Cyberpunk frenchise dating back since I was in my early teens. So my view on the PC interpritation of the frenchise will be with extremely critical eyes.

• Like 1

I had been from MR 16 to MR 22 in this quarantine since end of March until now. 

Only daily sorties, dojo research ( as a solo clan, just started 2 weeks ago ), daily cracking about 5-6 relics and 5 rounds of mutagen mass farm in derelict keep me playing within 3 hours 

Gonna reduce the playtime once the lab researches are all done, within next week maybe.....

always in like a cycle of a few months maybe, don't really count but recently got back into it. I just constantly move from addiction to addiction. 

edit: weird flex, but ok

Edited by BlueJoe
editing