[DE]Danielle

(SWITCH) The Deadlock Protocol - Update 28.0.5 Status: Live!

3 hours ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

Looks like those Mesa skins are TennoGen. There's issues with bringing a lot of the TennoGen stuff to consoles, iirc.

They are, but i mean one would be nice

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To all who were beefing about the delay and silence:

The Tennogen catch-up, bug fixes, and optimizing, combined with the Pandemic affecting their workflow played a huge part in this update being so late. I'm sure they would appreciate a little bit of understanding. I'm personally very excited what this update has to offer. Keep up the good work, DE! See you at TennoCon 2020!

Edited by (NSW)Wuzzup129
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-23 at 1:39 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

PRIMARY KITGUNS
Rude Zuud has expanded her inventory to bring you brand new Primary Kitgun Grips for all new lethal wombo combos!

Shut up and take my standing

• Like 1

Hey Nintenno! 

There were a couple last minute Switch specific changes and fixes that were put into the build before we shipped to Cert that were not listed in the original post. Here are those additions that have been since edited in and will be coming with The Deadlock Protocol: 

• Optimized memory during the Profit Taker fight to improve performance. 
  • Improved the quality of ray marched fog. This fixes issues in the Orb Vallis where fog would look blotchy. 
  • Fixed volumetric textures issues with fog that looked far too colorful and dense.
  • Fixed audio quality in the updater playing at an extremely low bit rate and causing static and other poor-quality sounds to occur.

Thanks! 🙂

• Like 5

Here to share some exciting news before the weekend! The Deadlock Protocol: Update 28.0.5 has passed Cert and will be going live Tuesday, June 30th! We do not currently have a specific launch time to share the moment, but we will let you know as soon as possible when you can expect it to drop (and be visited by Red Text to count us down) on launch day. 

We look forward to bringing all this new Corpus flare and everything else this update has to offer (5 new TennoGen Bundles anyone?). 

Thank you and have a great weekend, Tenno!

• Like 5

il y a 6 minutes, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Here to share some exciting news before the weekend! The Deadlock Protocol: Update 28.0.5 has passed Cert and will be going live Tuesday, June 30th! We do not currently have a specific launch time to share the moment, but we will let you know as soon as possible when you can expect it to drop (and be visited by Red Text to count us down) on launch day. 

We look forward to bringing all this new Corpus flare and everything else this update has to offer (5 new TennoGen Bundles anyone?). 

Thank you and have a great weekend, Tenno!

Why the new delay?

il y a 13 minutes, (NSW)Lorkhan a dit :

Why the new delay?

It seems they just like updating on tuesdays 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I’m still waiting for some of the old tennogen skins that they took out due to it not being implemented correctly. I loved the Ivara yokai skin! It’s still not implemented on switch as far as I know. But I’m still happy about this new update with a new frame, game mode, and other tennogen skins/cosmetics. As far as everything goes I’m a pretty happy ninja XD

• Like 2

Im glad we're getting the Deadlock Protocol and its tennogen! However, we're still missing a ton of old cosmetics that PS4 and Xbox have been getting. Any update on those Catch-Up Bundles?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (NSW)Shhimhuntingrabbits said:

Any word on when the 28.0.7 hot fix will come? Really excited for companion shield gating. 

Looking forward to Deadlock! 

We're most likely going to get 28.0.6 and above when the next mainline update arrives (just like how we're only getting 27.4.4–27.5.5 with this update). The vast majority of the changes and fixes in 28.0.6 clearly look like things that have to be coded in, which means it'd be yet another trip into the cert process.

The only other way they'll bring it in is if they are so many fixes beyond 28.0.7 that the next console update will end up being a catch-up update.

On 2020-06-26 at 10:11 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Nintenno! 

There were a couple last minute Switch specific changes and fixes that were put into the build before we shipped to Cert that were not listed in the original post. Here are those additions that have been since edited in and will be coming with The Deadlock Protocol: 

• Optimized memory during the Profit Taker fight to improve performance. 
  • Improved the quality of ray marched fog. This fixes issues in the Orb Vallis where fog would look blotchy. 
  • Fixed volumetric textures issues with fog that looked far too colorful and dense.
  • Fixed audio quality in the updater playing at an extremely low bit rate and causing static and other poor-quality sounds to occur.

Thanks! 🙂

Very excited for the performance improvements listed here and in the OP. Thanks!

On 2020-06-26 at 4:50 PM, (NSW)Kaynak said:

Im glad we're getting the Deadlock Protocol and its tennogen! However, we're still missing a ton of old cosmetics that PS4 and Xbox have been getting. Any update on those Catch-Up Bundles?

I just really want the Limbo Venari helmet and the Nezha TennoGen skins at this point. Does anyone have a current/up-to-date checklist of what PC has vs. what each console has for TennoGen? The Wikia is... kind of out of date, it seems.

• Like 1

There's several that I've forgotten about, but Volt Arrester Helmet is still the main one I personally miss. The frame just doesn't look the same without it. I actually reached out to the tennogen artist for it to see what the chances of it coming to Switch were, and they said they hadn't been contacted about it yet so, no luck. 

• Like 2

The Deadlock Protocol: Update 28.0.5 is live!

• Like 2