Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason why the archwing loadouts aren't linked to the Warframe loadout selection?

Its incredibly annoying not being able to set a specific archwing/gun/melee/k-drive to be automatically linked with any given warframe loadout, I'd appreciate it if I could choose these items with their respective cosmetics and have them automatically be available when I change to said loadout without having to go in and change vehicles afterwards. Would be great if when I switched to my Grineer themed Vauban loadout he had the Knux and Ayanga, without the extra steps.

6 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Would be great if when I switched to my Grineer themed Vauban loadout he had the Knux and Ayanga, without the extra steps.

Archwing has loads out just like warframes.  Create WF loadouts 1 to 20 and archwing loadouts 1-10 and mix and match them however you like.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Archwing has loads out just like warframes.  Create WF loadouts 1 to 20 and archwing loadouts 1-10 and mix and match them however you like.

Yeah, but I would be great to select my warframe loadout and have it automatically use the corresponding archwing loadout without having to be chosen separately .

4 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Yeah, but I would be great to select my warframe loadout and have it automatically use the corresponding archwing loadout without having to be chosen separately .

That's a one time setup task.  You create the WF loadout and associate the AW loadout to use and it stays that way unless you manually change it.  I really don't see how that isn't exactly what you want.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

That's a one time setup task.  You create the WF loadout and associate the AW loadout to use and it stays that way unless you manually change it.  I really don't see how that isn't exactly what you want.

I have a Nidus themed archwing loadout and a Vauban themed archwing loadout. I select Nidus and his matching archwing loadout.
Then I switch to Vauban but he's still on Nidus' archwing loadout. I have to manually go in and swap archwing loadouts every time I change warframes

This extra step is annoying.

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Then I switch to Vauban. He's still on Nidus' archwing loadout

WHY is Vauban using the Nidus AW loadout?!?!?

Nidus loadout + AW loadout #1 (itzal, whatever)

Vauban loadout + AW loadout #2 (amesha, whatever)

Switching from nidus to vauban also switches from the itzal to the amesha.  Switching back does changes both back.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

WHY is Vauban using the Nidus AW loadout?!?!?

Nidus loadout + AW loadout #1 (itzal, whatever)

Vauban loadout + AW loadout #2 (amesha, whatever)

Switching from nidus to vauban also switches from the itzal to the amesha.  Switching back does changes both back.

It doesn't though. I just tried it.

Thank you for bringing this up. When Archwing was first released in Update 15, which was likely before you started, the player's Archwing setup WAS part of the Warframe's loadout. But Archwing loadouts have been separate from Warframe loadouts for a long time now, and it causes me the exact same frustrations as it causes you.

I really think there needs to be a checkbox in the options for whether or not you want Archwing Loadouts to be tied to Warframe Loadouts, because I can see players having different circumstances that would cause them to prefer one convention over the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, or they could allow you to swap archwing loadouts from navigation the same way frame loadouts function. How are they going to move cosmetic slots if nobody can access them? 

The same goes with Gravimag slots, I'm stuck on the first appearance no matter which frame I equip it to. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2020-06-24 at 1:21 PM, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

Sure it does, unless they broke things somewhere between the update I'm on (PS4) and the update you are on.

Yeah.... It still does not work like that.
You effectively have to choose your WF Loadout, then go over and choose the corresponding Archwing Loadout, and the arching one will remain no matter what other WF loadout you change to later...
They are not linked.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-01-12 at 10:45 PM, Carnage2K4 said:

Yeah.... It still does not work like that.
You effectively have to choose your WF Loadout, then go over and choose the corresponding Archwing Loadout, and the arching one will remain no matter what other WF loadout you change to later...
They are not linked.

Yeah, its never been linked to my knowledge. At least not in the last 3 years or so since I started on PC.

Glad I’m not the only one who’s asking about this.

as I said in the post a bit below this one, it’s primarily fashionframe and colour coordination that got me thinking about it.

Neoretro10k makes a good point regarding the toggle as a preferred option.

That or something similar to find a happy medium of convenience for all.

• 2 months later...

Archived