Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired Of Lag And Errors In The Game - Cansado De Lag Y Errores

Awazx

I will make clear two things. I care very little that this game is offered as BETA, and I care very little that is free. BETA it is not an excuse for developers to justify their mistakes. To the point. The game is full of BUGS, and often makes it unplayable LAG, unbearable and unpleasant experience the game. It is assumed that I go to a game to enjoy and relax, not to get nervous by the constant errors and slowness. What a way to make things worse.

Voy a dejar clara dos cosas. Me importa muy poco que este juego se ofrezca como BETA, y me importa muy poco que sea gratuito. Que sea BETA, no es más que una excusa de los desarrolladores para poder justificar sus errores. Al grano.  El juego está plagado de BUGS, y el LAG hace muchas veces injugable, insufrible y una experiencia desagradable el juego. Se supone que yo entro a un juego para disfrutar y para relajarme, y no para ponerme nervioso por los continuos errores y por su lentitud.   Vaya forma de hacer mal las cosas.

Except that Betas are typically riddled with bugs. Because y'know, they're a Beta, and not really bug-free enough to be called a release version.

Also the unplayable lag has more to do with the people you connect to, rather than the game's code (although it would be nice for the game to be able to test upload/download bandwidth to determines whether someone should or shouldn't host). 

Also, from a coding perspective, it is very difficult to design a program as large as Warframe and have it work the first time. DE is relying on us to send in bug reports when we encounter things that can break the game. Also there's a common occurrence/saying in the programming community: Fix 1 bug, and 10 more pop up in its place. This is because some bugs and errors can mask a slew of others, and once one thing works as intended, it reveals numerous other facets that are not working.

Beta means that they have the right to change the game however they like to make it a better product. Beta also means that their product is far from finished.

If you were a teacher, would you grade a student project due in two weeks at one week earlier? I don't think so.

Edited by FrozenFate

I will make clear two things. I care very little that this game is offered as BETA, and I care very little that is free. BETA it is not an excuse for developers to justify their mistakes. To the point. The game is full of BUGS, and often makes it unplayable LAG, unbearable and unpleasant experience the game. It is assumed that I go to a game to enjoy and relax, not to get nervous by the constant errors and slowness. What a way to make things worse.

Too bad. And yes, It IS an excuse to justify their mistakes and or lazyness ( Pardon me DE, had to say it), what would you be playing now if they decided to keep it as a closed beta? If you don't like bugs or slowdowns, don't play BETAS, as they are made to report bugs, performance issues and crashes to the developers to continue forward with their game.

Y la proxima vez que escribas en español, trata de separar por espacios tus palabras, el formato es horrendo y molesto al mismo tiempo. No te vendria mal investigar el proposito de una beta antes de postear.

Except that Betas are typically riddled with bugs. Because y'know, they're a Beta, and not really bug-free enough to be called a release version.

Also the unplayable lag has more to do with the people you connect to, rather than the game's code (although it would be nice for the game to be able to test upload/download bandwidth to determines whether someone should or shouldn't host). 

Also, from a coding perspective, it is very difficult to design a program as large as Warframe and have it work the first time. DE is relying on us to send in bug reports when we encounter things that can break the game. Also there's a common occurrence/saying in the programming community: Fix 1 bug, and 10 more pop up in its place. This is because some bugs and errors can mask a slew of others, and once one thing works as intended, it reveals numerous other facets that are not working.

What about the bugs we have reported over and over again for months and are still persistent? Seems like swift action is taken only when it happens in a live stream or benefits players.

What about the bugs we have reported over and over again for months and are still persistent? Seems like swift action is taken only when it happens in a live stream or benefits players.

I can't speak to those (since I'm not on the support staff), but I imagine that the bug-squashers have a pretty long queue of reports to sift through and things to fix. I do know what you mean though, some of my bug reports have gone unanswered for weeks at a time.

I can't speak to those (since I'm not on the support staff), but I imagine that the bug-squashers have a pretty long queue of reports to sift through and things to fix. I do know what you mean though, some of my bug reports have gone unanswered for weeks at a time.

My bug report about the Cryopod platform in Grineer asteroid base breaking got unanswered and it got buried. It's still there and I've been told it has been there since U8.

Edited by General_Krull

My bug report about the Cryopod platform in Grineer asteroid base breaking got unanswered and it got buried. It's still there and I've been told it has been there since U8.

May I join you for a game to see if we can replicate the bug? I'm not sure what bug you're speaking of, but if I experience it, I'd be happy to submit a bug report also. Added you to my friends list in game.

I agree with Letter13 on most points here. However, there's been change that make me question DE's attitude on beta.

encrypting drop tables. -- it's difficult to call it a beta when you're actively obfuscating data from the player base. wouldn't this be needed to verify that things are working as intended? (after reading up on this, apparently numerous mistakes were found)

additionally, most betas don't charge (at least up until recently)

this attitude of charging for access to beta etc... i find in poor taste, we're expected to play the game, etc, but pay for the privilege?

I get it. and it's basically the industry standard now, but it still puts my teeth on edge.

charging for people to stress test your game, report bugs etc. and then the more and more frequent actively hostile attitude from some of the devs...

i love this game, i'm not going anywhere, but there ARE problems here. (and no, i'm not referring to bugs)

edit:

yes, i realize this is free to play, and nobody is under any requirement to pay. i did, and i'm happy to do so. however... charging at all for a beta means that you've opened yourself up to this type of resentment. 

Edited by xethier

I suggest as a simple way to understand what DE are up against that you go to a webpage like cnn.com or even here using the warframe forums. Right click your mouse in your web browser window and choose "View Source" or "View Page Source". This will expose the code that goes into creating the webpage you are viewing.

That's just a single web page.

Now imagine the amount of code that goes into creating a full game. Next imagine that you have to go through all that code line by line to find a tiny little error. 

Hope this helps.

Beta means that they have the right to change the game however they like to make it a better product. Beta also means that their product is far from finished.

If you were a teacher, would you grade a student project due in two weeks at one week earlier? I don't think so.

Yes.  I would actually.

z7bkX.gif

However if you're great teacher you establish benchmarks to monitor student progress and if the student hasn't made progress at the halfway mark will have some form of intervention. Especially if the student has not been turning in assignments on time.

Because scarves issues are more important. DE logic.

Yeah, like the ragdoll bug that got fixed recently.

Of course it is nice that it was fixed, but there are gamebreaking bugs that need to be fixed before a bug that just lets me do more damage to an enemy.

They should have a priority list about the bugs that need to be fixed, like the one General Krull mentioned.

They should have a priority list about the bugs that need to be fixed, like the one General Krull mentioned.

I accompanied Krull in a game to see the bug. It's fairly easy to confirm and replicate, though I suspect that the root cause of it is something a bit more complex than the coding for the scarves. 

I think the bug is caused by the collision detection of the game and the way the physics engine processes static and dynamic map elements; If a dynamic object is moving towards the player and the player is not moving, the dynamic object clips through them instead of pushing or displacing them. A similar effect can be observed with elevators (standing beneath them, standing at or beneath a ledge, standing in the door of the elevator when it's activated).

So I doubt that DE doesn't know of this issue, and they're probably trying to find a way to fix or patch this bug in a way that doesn't break some other facet of the game. It is however a bug--I wouldn't consider it game breaking, but it would be nice to have some acknowledgement from DE (possibly a response to support tickets, etc) to give a heads up in regards to when tickets are received, viewed, and possibly when staff have begun work on trying to resolve certain bugs.

So I doubt that DE doesn't know of this issue, and they're probably trying to find a way to fix or patch this bug in a way that doesn't break some other facet of the game. It is however a bug--I wouldn't consider it game breaking, but it would be nice to have some acknowledgement from DE (possibly a response to support tickets, etc) to give a heads up in regards to when tickets are received, viewed, and possibly when staff have begun work on trying to resolve certain bugs.

It breaks me mentally inside when it happens but I'm exempted from the bug... which means I can't pick up the mods or resources that fly in there.

DE please don't release any more sentinels, I need carrier to overcome your other bugs....

I'm not impplying they are not aware, on the contrary.

And yes, it is game breaking, I have failed the mission when this happens and there is not a rhino to spam stomp and save the crypod. That's mostly because it doesn't happen to all the players and for those that it doesn't happen, have a hard time killing the enemies that are under the platform; some because they don't even know what is happening, some don't notice or in some cases enemies bug and can't get killed easily.

I notice this only happens 1 nekros ults on there, or 2 too much items  in that spot breaks it, also if someone before it starts the person stands where it will then glitch the cryopod place glitch out with less items

For me it's happened without a nekros. It's enough if there's one or more Novas and some spamming ignis..