The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relentless Combination or True Punishment

(PSN)ChernHucare

Question

Before i want to discuss about this, i know someone will probably say "just use Xoris,  it has infinite combo duration" (for pc user). Unfortunately, im not a huge fan of glaive. So i wish everyone will not talk about that. 

Lets get into the topic.

Relentless Combination can give additinal combo counter for each slash proc. Seem very broken right but actually no. Reason? Test it yourself and you'll see why. (Hope DE fix it) 

True Punishment can give additional combo counter for each hit but reduce some combo durations. If you using Naramon + Body Count or Drifting Contact then you dont need to worry about combo durations.

For now True Punishment is much better than Relentless Combination but if DE actually fix the Relentless Combination, then it is better than True Punishment no doubt. 

Edited by (PS4)ChernHucare

9 answers to this question

I would says you really don't need combo counter, just use both attack speed mods (or Berserker + Arcane Strike) and you should be able to build up fast enough when needed, and if you kill before you build up... you don't really need more combo. Addiing Naramon or Swift Momentum and you should be more than fine regarding combo.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ChernHucare said:

Before i want to discuss about this, i know someone will probably say "just use Xoris,  it has infinite combo duration" (for pc user). Unfortunately, im not a huge fan of glaive. So i wish everyone will not talk about that. 

Lets get into the topic.

Relentless Combination can give additinal combo counter for each slash proc. Seem very broken right but actually no. Reason? Test it yourself and you'll see why. (Hope DE fix it) 

True Punishment can give additional combo counter for each hit but reduce some combo durations. If you using Naramon + Body Count or Drifting Contact then you dont need to worry about combo durations.

For now True Punishment is much better than Relentless Combination but if DE actually fix the Relentless Combination, then it is better than True Punishment no doubt. 

Combo counter is very easy to build.. its hard to maintain.. so instead of additional combo counter mods, its much more efficient to use combo duration mods.

I personally like Drifting Contact but Gladiator Rush is a good one as well..

26 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

I am using the Relentless Combination mod frequently, and i have a hard time picturing your issue with it. Care to elaborate?

Ever since the status or maybe melee update (cant remember which) the Relentless combination cant function or just broken. (for pc i dont know) 

I know there's no reason to run combo counter if you can just run with combo duration but for stat stick warframe like ash, khora and other warframes, its can be a different story because i or maybe other people would build combo counter for them

Edited by (PS4)ChernHucare

does said Weapon apply Slash often enough to get a good result?

also True Punishment only affects the base Hit Counter, so it removes exactly 2.5 Seconds regardless of Mods. if you're using Drifting Contact or something like that, you go from 15 Seconds to 13.5 Seconds.
so really True Punishment has no negative at all.

with that in mind, if you really want to built Hit Counter faster, True Punishment is probably going to be better unless your Melee Weapon applies a hell of a lot of Slash Status (even after IPS weighting being removed and so all Weapons apply Slash Status 1/4 as often as they did before) or you really like the feature of keeping the Hit Counter from ticking by leaving a DoT(s) on an Enemy(ies) and moving to new targets.

there's no clear winner then since they have different benefits.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ChernHucare said:

Ever since the status or maybe melee update (cant remember which) the Relentless combination cant function or just broken. (for pc i dont know) 

Works for me just fine. You may have issues proccing slash, or your enemies are just dying too quickly. At higher level, it helps you spam heavy attacks.

I can assure you, that the mod is doing it's job.

Edited by Laveillon
typo again

14 hours ago, (PS4)ChernHucare said:

I know there's no reason to run combo counter if you can just run with combo duration but for stat stick warframe like ash, khora and other warframes, its can be a different story because i or maybe other people would build combo counter for them

Uh well Khora and atlas gain combo from whip and landslide so why would you want to build combo on your mele and then go whipping or punching , just keep doing 1 and have combo duration instead of combo count chance mods . Also if you got a riven for less popular zaw strikes which have decent dispo , then exodia might in the arcane slot can help gain that combo much faster if you want to build combo on mele and then go in the abilities