Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.6 + 28.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

Bug with "Enable Screen Shake" , if u press ALT+TAB, this option will be activated, even if it is deactivated in the game

Bug with Weapons with light effects, such as fulmin, catchmoon, if you shoot at a low angle to the ground, near a shadow and a light area, the shot will make your screen darken, it happens with low and medium settings

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.6.1 is now live!

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the ‘Incomplete’ tab of the Mod Station, and then attempting to change the Sorting method.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Protea’s Grenade Fan. 

Thank you DE for all the hard work even in these hard times!

really appreciate how fast you guys pump out fixes and updates.

that being said, I have been very critical with protea ever since her release, as I really love the turret playstyle in games. so I was playing her for the last couple of hours to see how she feels now, and then got into some real number and build testing.

Blaze Artillery (early numbers and testing results)

the damage output on its own IS pretty reasonable now, and definitly enough for all real content in the game! for a single turret to kill a lvl 160 heavy gunner you need a total of 200% duration and 300% power strengths.

so on its base it would take around 8 turrets to kill it (2 are boosted), which already are reasonable numbers considering its with no mods at all.

Duration is the MOST important part to add if you want more damage, as more time to ramp up gives the turret much more efficiency than to increase the base damage, so 200% is a MINIMUM requirement if you want to play her at least effectively now. making the turret last 6 seconds, making it ramp up to 19x damage on the last shot, already reducing the number of turrets need to kill a lvl 160 gunner down to 3. (non boosted) while 100% duration/200% strengths would still require 4 turrets. (one boosted)

so what I recommend you do is using at least 200% duration and at least 150% power strengths, this allows you to kill a lvl 160 heavy gunner in 2 turrets. which again, on its own, with no help, is pretty legit for a second skill.

even in a normal scenario with groups of enemys or even groups of heavy gunners, the damage still feels good and clears them pretty fast thanks to its piercing shots and perma CC.

6 seconds on the turret is now BARELY enough to play the game while using the turret as damage support, it still doesn't feel quite like a turret to me honestly, its a big burst of damage, especially if you drop down all three at a time, it really can melt everything.

for me, on 300% duration (so at 9 seconds) the turrets really start to feel good, 10 seconds as I said before would be an awesome duration to have, sadly it is VERY hard to mod for this duration and still be effective in range, strengths and survivability respectively. (not even thinking about efficiency, which protea luckily doesn't really need as much)

Range is a MUST HAVE on portea and you CAN NOT go under 100%.. because any less than 30m range you will definitly feel.. I recommend at least 145% range to have, to put turrets out an never worry about their range, this is already extremly hard to pair with a 300% duration.. and then you STILL need to reach that 150% strength.. leaving you no space at all to mod for survivability..

so to REALLY make her feel good at legit, you definitly have to sacrifices something.. which could be good game design yes, but still feels very unfair when so much other frames have a way better time modding..

for all she can do now, frames with turret like things, such a wukong, vauban and octavia, all are still outclassing her by a pretty hefty amount, making her in the grand scheme of things still feel underpowered.

in regard to her damaging grenade, up until lvl 80 they feel quite okay, their combination of damage duration and area feels absolutly fine, and spamming 2-3 volleys of this in an area, can definitly hold it down and even kill enemys if positioned well enough. I would still prefer it if they would shred armor, to give a little more synergy, but I guess thats proteas theme, just having very good damage types that work on its own. totally legit for a first ability.

her shield grenade still feels to low in duration sadly. it only begins to feel nice at 300% duration again.. anything below thats makes you constantly go: "oh its already gone again?" even with 200% duration, 25 seconds feel very shgort for a defensiv skill, and although it heals you immediatly, giving you protection, it feels way nicer to use it for the regen in a lot of cases where you dont really need that burst heal, and are just fine with a little sustain.

her 3 obviously is amazing as I said from the beginning. 

and her 4 has not changed for me, since I never died in it before.. because we already have her 1 to cover tankyness. still it feels a LITTLe BIT more useful now, since I am not THAT Angry anymore to just spam 2, and Im fine with only casting 2-3 in 4's duration.. so it does at least give me back more that  I invest, even without heavy spamming. still overall feels underwhelming and could have some nice synergy added. (my favorite suggestion still was to just make it stop the duration on all other skills while active, that would be so AWESOME and would give so much reason to use it and be fun and interactive! and would instantly fix all duration concerns)

Overview, results and thoughts on the changes

Overall the buff was definitly needed and is a GREAT step in the right direction, protea is now definitly usable and will make her more enjoyable for some already! her powerlevel was okay before and is definitly good now. in regards to her overall enjoyment I still think her duration numbers are to low to be quite there yet on top with other frames and how much of a good time they have.

Grenade Fan - 9/10

does its job really really great now! damage is OKAY, CC is great! shield grenade durations could easily be doubled or at least increased to 20 seconds, even if it would nerf the initial heal in the process to make it really feel awesome and be a 10/10

Blaze Artillery - 8/10

does INCREDIBLE damage now and shreds any real content in the game with even  1-2 turrets. great changes here for its purpose. Again, I just feel cheated a bit still, asthis was suppose to be THE turret skill me and many others hoped for, which it is not. it is REALLY good now, but fails to feel like a real turret by a very small amount still. IF we would at least double its duration now, giving 6 seconds at a base, (even if we would scale back the damage by only .5 each time) I would have been MUCH happier and having the feeling of a real best boi turret friend. so if we could compromise for just twoooo tiny more seconds, I would love you forever! because we REALLY need that 10 second duration AT LEAST to feel reasonable, I truly belive this after testing, and getting it with just a 200% duration investment would feel MUCH easier to accomplish without gimping our build to much.

Dispensary -10/10

easily her best ability, it will make her relevant through all stages of the game forever, providing SO Much utility, creating so much more design space for guns and other abilitys in the future, its just awesome and exactly what I have dreamed of.

Temporal Anchor -  10/10 desing, 2/10 in usefulness

although it has your heart and soul put into it DE, and despite how AMAZING it looks and feels visually, it still has some major issues in usability, it might be great for newer payers, giving them some sort of health buffer, but even at a mid level of play, the protcetion part of it quickly becomes irrelevant in reality, same goes for energy regen really, since we already have that covered in her 3 also. so I dont really often use it, nor do I feel like I need it. with her becomming al ittle less spammy (which is great and needs even less still) the argument for anchor that allows spamming becomes thinner too. so what I would really like to see is still an added synergy here, even more so than any mechanical change.. again: my favorite suggestion still was to just make it stop the duration on all other skills while active, that would be so AWESOME and would give so much reason to use it and be fun and interactive! and would instantly fix all duration concerns

Something happened to vomvalysts since today's hotfix. Spawning became scarce (none under him during limb breaks, two or three only after breaking all limbs in the best case scenario), and they are moving at a significantly slower pace, specially when they are supposed to be "rushing to the eidolon's help". Is this new or is it a common bug?

Nice changes, although Protea 3 and 4 are still kinda... Meh

There is not really a benefit in using her 4, and It throws you back while you normally want to go foward.

While her 3 Is really only usefull if you have Arcane energize, which being honest MOST people who play warframe does not have this arcane, as It is extremely expensive to buy and even more so difficult to farm. Saying her 3 is great just because of this arcane is stupid.

PLEASE make lights for inside the orbitor or make it brighter. its to hard to see things like changing my sentinals color and my own.... can

PLEASE get rid of the dark haze when customzing at the arsinol its hard to see what we are trying to make and see proper colors. it makes me close customizing to then walk into the light to see what i have done. this is not a good game michanic. i should be able to see what im doing and finish that way.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.6

Fixes:

Please fix excavators' health/shields/power stats missing on the HUD, as per https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199220-the-deadlock-protocol-bug-report-megathread-read-first-post/?do=findComment&comment=11635429.  I've noticed this occurring consistently as a client on Void Fissure excavation missions.

Please also fix the Klebrik scaffold's 'homing' beam not homing at all, as per

3 hours ago, -SoH-ViktorD said:

You get 1 per nightwave mate

Just no.

You get one for about 20 weeks of content.  That's a grand total of about 2-3 per year.  If you only use 1 per frame there's literally no way to apply them effectively, with 4 primes and 4 regular frames released per year.

Additionally, the 40+ frames that already exist.

The point is that the rare containers on the murex once had a chance to drop blue prints.  Scarlet Spear happened, and this was removed due to "security reasons."  They have not been added back.  Despite this, Simaris has the umbra mods.  Why exactly is this the case?  Oh right, we were originally told there would be no umbra forma.  Then it would be a part of the nightwave.  Then it was a rare (sub 1%?) chance to get it from a randomly scheduled random time event using something which required a stupid amount of resources.  Yeah, I think maybe there's frustration with these goofy changes, and temporary problems resulting in permanent nerfing.

55 minutes ago, Aymelek said:

PLEASE make lights for inside the orbitor or make it brighter. its to hard to see things like changing my sentinals color and my own.... can

PLEASE get rid of the dark haze when customzing at the arsinol its hard to see what we are trying to make and see proper colors. it makes me close customizing to then walk into the light to see what i have done. this is not a good game michanic. i should be able to see what im doing and finish that way.

Same here.  It's not just that the brightness is off.  Everything looks yellow and washed out everywhere, not just in the orbiter.  No more fashion frame for me.  All my warframes look like crap and I just did a very pretty Titania Prime last night.  Please do a fix for machines without dedicated graphics cards.  One of the reasons I play this game instead of some others is that Warframe did look a lot better and had better performance on my potato machine.  Now, I don't even want to log in because my warframes look terrible.  Why buy skins when they look like crap?  My husband was so in awe of my Titania Prime and he asked me what the hell happened to the colors.

I run warframe on a potato and it's been pretty good so far. As much as one could expect. But this latest patch has caused a major effects issue for me. Namely that effects are now not visible enough no matter how high I set the effects intensity. And the game itself is a lot brighter on the same settings I always used to run while the options menu looks how it's supposed to. 

Tldr

Same settings as always. Things look worse for some reason and effects are quite hard to see. 

Archived