Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Buff?

-NTB-Cris0407

Asking for saryn buffs on this forum? brave thing to do.

Miasma doesnt need a buff. Before viral stacked we had a proc on each tick because it would just refresh the duration. Now miasma stacks so they changed miasma to reflect its original functionality.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

Since status rework Saryn Miasma seems like need a small buff.

We all know Miasma is viral damage yet it only can do 1 status at start.

Can we have the same Status Chance as Spores do?

Each tick have a chance to do Status?

Saryn buffs, hahahhahaha

It only needs to proc one status, the first viral proc increases damage to health by 100%, everything after that only increases it by 25%

Having the same status chance as spores do with viral in 2020 would just be stupid and op, it's fine as is

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

We all know Miasma is viral damage yet it only can do 1 status at start.

That was an intentional nerf. Previous to the status changes, Miasma did apply the Viral status effect many times during it's duration.

Corrosive (Spores) was nerfed too. As was Toxin (Toxic Lash). Toxic Lash also no longer has a damage reducing component since the last melee rework. It even replenished energy at some point, though that is a long time ago.

Don't expect any buffs to Saryn, only more nerfs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Peacemaker also needs to do red crits unmodded.

Mesa also needs 90% damage reduction on top of being the best dps Warframe. Wait, she already has 95% damage reduction - isn't 90% the maximum for all other Warframes?

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 4

Saryn doesn't need a buff, she needs to be reverted and to have her actual problems fixed.

Miasma needs to deploy a static cloud effect rather than an instant one-use spray. Each tick within the cloud should deal corrosive procs, as the description originally entailed. Up to 4 clouds maximum, with clouds lasting indefinitely (like Wisp buffs or Frost Snowglobes) and ability duration affecting the rate at which damage procs tick

Then, swap the damage scaling thing from Spores to Miasma, so damage builds up and decays based on enemies taking damage within the cloud (and building up faster if those enemies have Spores). Tweak the decay if needed. Add a way to manually collapse the cloud if needed, or make them collapse if they decay to 0 (but give them a higher base value so they don't collapse near-immediately).

Then, return Spores to their previous function: Dealing Toxin damage (or viral if they want), and combining toxin and viral procs from the target and adding it to the spread spores. Also, being able to 'store' spores on Molt for timed release, even if you can't cast them directly but the spores can spread to Molt within the radius. Bonus points for being able to cast spores on yourself and/or allies, to negate incoming attacks by popping the spore instead.

People don't realise that Saryn was so much more effective before her most recent rework, since you could spread 'harmless' spores 3 tiles away in all directions, and then 'inject' the damage via a single target by using a weapon modded heavily for toxin and/or viral. People could do just as well in ESO if her spores worked the way they used to, they'd just need to actually put in effort instead of being cruise control plebs.

I'll include my credentials below

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Saryn doesn't need a buff, she needs to be reverted and to have her actual problems fixed.

Miasma needs to deploy a static cloud effect rather than an instant one-use spray. Each tick within the cloud should deal corrosive procs, as the description originally entailed. Up to 4 clouds maximum, with clouds lasting indefinitely (like Wisp buffs or Frost Snowglobes) and ability duration affecting the rate at which damage procs tick

Then, swap the damage scaling thing from Spores to Miasma, so damage builds up and decays based on enemies taking damage within the cloud (and building up faster if those enemies have Spores). Tweak the decay if needed. Add a way to manually collapse the cloud if needed, or make them collapse if they decay to 0 (but give them a higher base value so they don't collapse near-immediately).

Then, return Spores to their previous function: Dealing Toxin damage (or viral if they want), and combining toxin and viral procs from the target and adding it to the spread spores. Also, being able to 'store' spores on Molt for timed release, even if you can't cast them directly but the spores can spread to Molt within the radius. Bonus points for being able to cast spores on yourself and/or allies, to negate incoming attacks by popping the spore instead.

People don't realise that Saryn was so much more effective before her most recent rework, since you could spread 'harmless' spores 3 tiles away in all directions, and then 'inject' the damage via a single target by using a weapon modded heavily for toxin and/or viral. People could do just as well in ESO if her spores worked the way they used to, they'd just need to actually put in effort instead of being cruise control plebs.

I'll include my credentials below

Reveal hidden contents

Idk, I like current saryn, I would hate for them to swap the scaling over from her 1 to her 4.

• Like 2

Just now, DrivaMain said:

No she needs a nerf. I had enough Saryns stealing my fun of mowing down enemies thank you very much.

I rarely see Saryn during pub matches. Not even on Hydron.

I guess that's just one reason why DE should never listen to a single complaint thread/praise thread about a warframe to make buffs or nerfs. 

Your experience and my experience is so different. I wonder what the actual facts of Saryn encounters for other people really are. 

but Miasma is the same strength as it was before.
Enemies will have Viral on them for less total time than before, so hurts Condition Overload a little bit, but ultimately it's really not a big deal.

1 hour ago, Nehra96 said:

A true Saryn Main wouldn't ask for a rework of her 4th... 

because apparently a 'true Saryn Player' gets excited about generic AoE blasts with no interesting mechanics to speak of.

• Like 1

miasma is actually better cause you can stack viral in an aoe by recasting it, in which you can power the miasma and the spore damage as you stack it up

miasma is more for spreading spores, stunning enemies, and amplifying damage

On 2020-06-25 at 8:58 AM, taiiat said:

but Miasma is the same strength as it was before.
Enemies will have Viral on them for less total time than before [...] generic AoE blasts with no interesting mechanics to speak of.

Depending on modding, the enemy can lose Miasma's Viral proc while the ability is still dealing damage. At baseline the duration got cut in half.

Miasma can stunlock everything in a large area. I consider that kinda interesting.

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Depending on modding, the enemy can lose Miasma's Viral proc while the ability is still dealing damage. At baseline the duration got cut in half.

Miasma can stunlock everything in a large area. I consider that kinda interesting.

yeah, it's possible for the Viral Status to wear off. kinda is what it is, unless Saryn was to get a unique version of Viral that was the same with longer Duration, but that's a lot of duplicated Code just for one Ability.

Miasmas' Stun doesn't scale with Duration(and is shorter than the base Duration, and can't be reapplied), so i'm not sure why this really matters here. (or ever really, but i'm trying to be nice)

Edited by taiiat

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Miasmas' Stun doesn't scale with Duration(and is shorter than the base Duration, and can't be reapplied)

The stun cannot be reapplied while Miasma still deals damage, but it can easily last longer than Miasma's damage.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm really surprised she didn't get her head bashed in with the nerf hammer.

• Miasma's proc nerfed by 50%.
  • Toxic Lash's damage nerfed by ~25%.
  • Toxic Lash's damage reduction deleted.
  • Spore's armor strip nerfed by 20%.

Those are fairly recent. Still not satisfied?

• Like 2