The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

See What Has Happened To Nova

BeenProSinceDay1

Nova is being referred to as the noob Warframe now, the Sonic on Smash Ball if you will, the ACR in Call of Duty, Blue Shell in Mario, Dragonite in Pokémon, Metal Blades in Mega Man. Well you get my point, Every argument in game most likely includes "You probably main Nova" or  "Go spam your M prime noob" or something of the sort.

And you should care why? 

This is a co-op game, I don't see why people complain if a frame makes things easier for the others to play. 

*Unless your talking about trigger happy Novas, or those who go out of rooms in mobile defense then its a different story*

Edited by Fammia

I have seen her drop off drastically in the past couple weeks actually. Nova is effective but I am not seeing multiple novas anymore. That was getting ridiculous. Her molecular prime is OP though, why does it not have a timer? I mean really.

I kind of get it.

Let me explain: I have a Nova since it came out and i love playin if her every now and then, its an amazing frame.

At first i also spammed M. Prime like crazy, it's awesome (and i was a noob 2) lol... Presently i don't make my gameplay with Nova or any other frame be about the skills and only use them as a last resource.

Now what gets to me is when u are doing like a mobile defense and leveling frames and weapons is when i'm matched up with Nova and the guys/girls using them are spamming M.prime like crazy and ruinning other peoples gameplay and XP, so yes i kind of understand Nova being called the Noob Warframe, i don't like it but i understand.

Edited by Bazools

I have seen her drop off drastically in the past couple weeks actually. Nova is effective but I am not seeing multiple novas anymore. That was getting ridiculous. Her molecular prime is OP though, why does it not have a timer? I mean really.

It lasts 60 seconds.

I kind of get it.

Let me explain: I have a Nova since it came out and i love playin if her every now and then, its an amazing frame.

At first i also spammed M. Prime like crazy, it's awesome (and i was a noob 2) lol... Presently i don't make my gameplay with Nova or any other frame be about the skills and only use them as a last resource.

Now what gets to me is when u are doing like a mobile defense and leveling frames and weapons is when i'm matched up with Nova and the guys/girls using them are spamming M.prime like crazy and ruinning other peoples gameplay and XP, so yes i kind of understand Nova being called the Noob Warframe, i don't like it but i understand.

They can cry about it.

Id love to see how people would grumble if ever they nerfed nova, (lets see how you guys go pass wave 70 now)

They can cry about it.

Id love to see how people would grumble if ever they nerfed nova, (lets see how you guys go pass wave 70 now)

Lol... yeap. I believe when they nerf Nova most people will stop using her... In my case i will use her regardless (is a really cool design imo) she is a very fun frame to use. Besides i make my gameplay be mainly about the weapons now not the frames so... 

Edited by Bazools

Lol... yeap. I believe when they nerf Nova most people will stop using her... In my case i will use her regardless (is a really cool design imo) she is a very fun frame to use. Besides i make my gameplay be mainly about the weapons now not the frames so... 

Tbh I dislike mprime spammers users, I just use nova for her wormhole, its really fun, its my favorite ability in game.

though its broken(or is it) atm since it clipps near objects alot now (cant even go through bars)

Edited by Fammia

They can cry about it.

It's still very possible to make it past wave 70 without a Nova. All you need is an able group. Nova however is just ridiculously overpowering in offensive capabilities, you have an attack that can go up past 50k damage with the right weapons, as well as a kill all button that not only doubles the damage intake of enemies, but slows them down and primes them for an explosion... I was hoping in offensive abilities that didn't overwhelm other frames as much. 

Edited by DesuEx

It's still very possible to make it past wave 70 without a Nova. All you need is an able group. Nova however is just ridiculously overpowering in offensive capabilities, you have an attack that can go up past 50k damage with the right weapons, as well as a kill all button that not only doubles the damage intake of enemies, but slows them down and primes them for an explosion... I was hoping in offensive abilities that didn't overwhelm other frames as much. 

I know, I've played on even higher waves than that. But hey its insanely difficult without her. my point is, you need all the help you can get to go that far, nerfing her would just be. . .  well dumb.

Tell that to the guy up there that said "so what"

Because Nova users realized they are on the losing end on the Exp gain in mobile def maps or any defense.

M Prime gives Nova only Warframe exp. 

However the enemies she killed with M Prime gives exp for the other 3 guys in the squad.

So now in mobile def with fresh frames and fresh guns, I always HOPE it is the other guy who succumbs and press 4 first, because the more they do it, the faster my forma gear kicks in.

The less they do it, it makes me a sad man.

So PLEASE, KEEP USING NOVA !

If you see no Novas in a game, relog your Nova and help me out !  My forma guns will serve me a lot better in more high stakes games, but you got to help me out !

After all you got 400 to 600 kills isn't that good enough to look pro ?!

So please play more Novas and spam moar AOEs !

Edited by fatpig84

Because Nova users realized they are on the losing end on the Exp gain in mobile def maps or any defense.

M Prime gives Nova only Warframe exp. 

However the enemies she killed with M Prime gives exp for the other 3 guys in the squad.

So now in mobile def with fresh frames and fresh guns, I always HOPE it is the other guy who succumbs and press 4 first, because the more they do it, the faster my forma gear kicks in.

The less they do it, it makes me a sad man.

So PLEASE, KEEP USING NOVA !

If you see no Novas in a game, relog your Nova and help me out !  My forma guns will serve me a lot better in more high stakes games, but you got to help me out !

After all you got 400 to 600 kills isn't that good enough to look pro ?!

So please play more Novas and spam moar AOEs !

THIS! Silly noobs don't know how xp works then complain about xp and nova. Nova is giving you extra xp on MD.

Nova/Soma/Kunai/Galantine

That's when you know you're in for a good run on MDef... "dude, we're in here, stop clearing the main room".

I agree there.  When you see that combo, you know that person knows what they're doing.  It also makes me sad that that combo also shows how balance in this game is so off.  More because of the weapons than the frame used, although I will admit that Nova does feel at least somewhat OP, although others could argue that she's fragile so she needs the offense, which does make sense to me.

I agree there.  When you see that combo, you know that person knows what they're doing.  It also makes me sad that that combo also shows how balance in this game is so off.  More because of the weapons than the frame used, although I will admit that Nova does feel at least somewhat OP, although others could argue that she's fragile so she needs the offense, which does make sense to me.

Actually when I see that combo, I know the person thinks they know what they are doing, but generally doesn't. What they know how to do is press 4 and use OP weapons. What they don't know is where to do it.

This is the guy who will run off into the hallway and kill mobs outside of xp range of the group on defense or mdef, ensuring that he has the largest kill count and that neither he or you gets full XP for the mission. He's also the guy who ignores pod health because he's not playing defense, he's playing 'race to the highest kill count'.

When I see a build like Saryn/Dera/Dual broncos/Kogake - I know I'm dealing with a tactical killer who knows which end of the cryopod is up. This guy has created his own loadout to fit his playstyle, and has played enough to get a varied arsenal. Everyone has Soma/Galantine.

Someone who has decided to put away the OP gear and knows he has the skill to make up the difference - that's someone I want on my team.

Edited by notionphil

THIS! Silly noobs don't know how xp works then complain about xp and nova. Nova is giving you extra xp on MD.

Except that nova players frequently runs into the central room where the mobs spawn - bc they want to boost their kill count - ensuring you get no XP for their kills, and they get no XP for your kills.

So more likely, everyone gets less XP.