Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't buy the nightwave potatoes

Richeatue

One potato costs 75 creds (or 20 plat), one nightwave aura mod costs 20 creds and generally sells for 10-15p (on pc anyway). Do not buy the nightwave potatos with creds, sell the nighwave mods instead, then buy the potatoes with plat. Even if for some reason you have to sell 3 mods (idk what the console prices are, so you might on there), it's still 15creds cheaper, or if you manage to do it with two you save 35creds meaning if you for example had 100 creds, you could get two potatoes instead of one with some creds to spare. If you're a new player, it might very well be worth doing this instead.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 11

Why even buy potatoes when DE drops alerts for them regularly? (+invasions)

Not kidding, I never bought a single potato and still have 40+ BP's each even though i've used them on 1/3rd of my gear (thats about 100 potatoes slotted in weapons)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Not kidding, I never bought a single potato and still have 40+ BP's each even though i've used them on 1/3rd of my gear (thats about 100 potatoes slotted in weapons)

Well I get a new primed weapon/frame like every  day, so I run out quite often

• Like 6

Don't, tell me what to do.

Just kidding, seriously though for ps4, nobody even really buys the nightwave auras, unless its like growing power or power donation. I spend my creds on cosmetics, but if its nothing good, my creds go to potatoes. What can I say, I go through quite a few every week or or 2. Its why I try to always have 2 built on me if I can help it.

• Like 3

The issue is the plats from aura sales come from players selling them, and with the nightwave system, people don't buy auras anymore because they are much more easier to get.
Previously the value of aura went from the fact they drop on random time limited missions, but now you can just get the one you want, so most of people just don't care about buying them anymore, especially since only 10% of them are really usable.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

Most of the stuff is still MR fodder sadly.

The most reliable way to earn plat right now is selling nightmare and rare mods to new players. Only very specific auras have an actual demand on the market right now.

47 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

I don't see said invasions. Maybe once every few months there will be something.

As for the podters idea. People in my experence don't buy aura mods.

If you have a stockpile of nitrain. Its better to use ones nw creds for potatoes or kuva.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

why bother trying to sell other stuff- because there is no guarantee someone will buy it- to get the things I can already get with cred?

Seems like adding an extra step.

An extra step that adds extra profit (as explained above), sensible enough.

Y'all gotta remember, there's such a thing as a new(ish) player, who may not quite yet have a big surplus of Plat / NW Cred / whatnot,
smart investments (with something like selling Auras being a rather reasonable "gamble" IMO) can make a huge difference.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Potatoes and Nitain Extract are the main things I spend cred on, why bother trying to sell other stuff- because there is no guarantee someone will buy it- to get the things I can already get with cred?

Seems like adding an extra step.

I mean warframe.market is easy as hell to set up, and I've never had to wait more than 30mins for someone to buy it all

4 hours ago, kyori said:

So everyone is getting aura mod from NW... resulted in no one selling. lol

This plan is on the assumption that people will buy aura mods...

Not just a plan, I've been doing this since I've started playing with no issues. I mean sure I sell maxed mods/rivens now, but when I was newer this really helped me make enough plat to afford potatoes and then some.

Edited by Richeatue

Why would anyone buy an aura mod for plat if they can get it for free from Nightwave? I can imagine someone buying potato for plat because it requires a week or two of grinding Nightwave, but why aura mod? Just do a weekly or two, or three, or elite weekly, it will take like 30 minutes and you have the mod. And you don't need more than one mod too.

What am i missing?

Edited by 32768

1 hour ago, kyori said:

So everyone is getting aura mod from NW... resulted in no one selling. lol

This plan is on the assumption that people will buy aura mods...

I make loads of plat on selling aura mods, even during the week where a mod is available and I would say 15 plat is a low estimate. It's not riven-mod plat, but it's enough to keep you in potatoes, even if you're using them a few times a week. A great source of plat for early/mid-game players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richeatue said:

This.

We are really talking about Orokin Catalysts for weapons which number in the hundreds.

Catalysts are the baseline for seeing if you like a new weapon modded. 

I think it’s almost a disservice to self and DE developers of said weapons if you don’t try and Cat each one, but that’s me.

Trade chat does not give progression, so many of us sitting there trying to sell NW mods with limited time?  No thanks.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Why are you "potato'ng" weapons that you will only use once?

Potato the good ones and dump the trash.

You're making the game way to expensive otherwise.

JMO!

Agree. I tend to run a few missions w/o potato and then add it if I like the feel of a weapon. I used to potato everything but the Stug disabused me of that. Am also light on potatoes for companions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Why are you "potato'ng" weapons that you will only use once?

Potato the good ones and dump the trash.

You're making the game way to expensive otherwise.

JMO!

Well I use most of the warframes in the game, even the ones perceived as trash, that took quite a few potatoes there

I use quite a few prime/kuva weapons which aren't trash, so that's quite a few as well

It adds up, even if you're not potato'ng trash items, as a newer player you burn through potatoes unbelievably fast, to the point where nothing can keep up other than just outright buying them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This.

We are really talking about Orokin Catalysts for weapons which number in the hundreds.

Catalysts are the baseline for seeing if you like a new weapon modded. 

I think it’s almost a disservice to self and DE developers of said weapons if you don’t try and Cat each one, but that’s me.

Trade chat does not give progression, so many of us sitting there trying to sell NW mods with limited time?  No thanks.

Having to trade your limited amount of creds for catalysts is unrealistic. Unless you're mr28 and already own everything/have everything you want potatoed,  you go through potatoes much faster than you could ever earn them. To assume the average player, especially a newer one, is only going to use like 4 potatoes a month or is going to save up for years in order to have enough potatoes to finally upgrade the stuff they like is kind of dumb. I'd bet that DE draws quite a bit of plat from circulation from potatoes/warframe slots alone.

4 hours ago, Richeatue said:

One potato costs 75 creds (or 20 plat), one nightwave aura mod costs 20 creds and generally sells for 10-15p (on pc anyway). Do not buy the nightwave potatos with creds, sell the nighwave mods instead, then buy the potatoes with plat. Even if for some reason you have to sell 3 mods (idk what the console prices are, so you might on there), it's still 15creds cheaper, or if you manage to do it with two you save 35creds meaning if you for example had 100 creds, you could get two potatoes instead of one with some creds to spare.

You are considering purely from a mathematical point of view which will definitely yield a positive result. Realistically, I'm not sure if anyone will buy the aura mods from Nightwave with plats. If you have successfully and consistently sold them, then good for you.

In my opinion, even for new players, all they need to do is complete 10 dailies to reach 10k standing and nab the first 150 credits, they can buy a bunch of aura mods from Nightwave, with each costing only 20 credits.

1 minute ago, Jemmies said:

You are considering purely from a mathematical point of view which will definitely yield a positive result. Realistically, I'm not sure if anyone will buy the aura mods from Nightwave with plats. If you have successfully and consistently sold them, then good for you.

In my opinion, even for new players, all they need to do is complete 10 dailies to reach 10k standing and nab the first 150 credits, they can buy a bunch of aura mods from Nightwave, with each costing only 20 credits.

Well normally I'd say the same, however when aura mods go out of rotation they're worth quite a bit more. Just checked warfame.market, people are selling steel charge for almost 3 times as much as when it was in rotation. So, what I would do was buy the popular ones, wait until they're out of rotation, then sell them for enough plat to buy 2 aura mods, effectively doubling how many I can get with the same amount of creds. Sure you could just buy them outright, but there are a lot of plat-pinchers like me who love to do this kind of stuff.