Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Stealth?

Drakonnan180

I mean before they talked a lot about the upcoming improvements to it in the livestreams but now they have all but dwindled away. The way i look at stealth is we hall all the items,(bows, glaives) we have the mods(hush, etc) but what we're missing is functioning stealth mechanics.

Once the alarm is set everyone is pretty much permanently aware of you and will fire once you open a door. It is also insanely hard to drop a room full of guys without alerting any of them, even with stealth weapons.

The idea of hacking and opening doors is really cool but I think we could improve on this. We could somehow disable the security (minigame again?) that would make all the succeeding rooms to have a added stealth bonus or something, like a wider radius in which you can kill la enemy without it alerting the others.

What are some other ideas/opinions you guys have on the current stealth system?

I think that a feature that would be neat (and not too hard to implement) would be a way to disable the alarm once it's activated, maybe return enemies to a neutral, non aggro'd state.

This would help stealth gameplay by giving players the ability to 'resume' stealth if it's broken for whatever reason.

BecauseRUSHLOLOLOLOLOL

I would like an improvement on stealth but. . . 

Guns ablazin whenever I enter a game.

What happened to being a space ninja?

I think that a feature that would be neat (and not too hard to implement) would be a way to disable the alarm once it's activated, maybe return enemies to a neutral, non aggro'd state.

This would help stealth gameplay by giving players the ability to 'resume' stealth if it's broken for whatever reason.

Yeah, this would help a lot and could just be implemented with the current unlocking doors mechanic

Have you checked the pinned stealth thread in feedback?

not yet! but i will now

Edited by Drakonnan180

I've played a solo mission on Mercury with Ash. It's easy to play stealth; once you're caught, however, you're screwed. I've been able to kill a room full of Grineer. It's funny that they don't even notice their pals dropping like flies.

Was going to be in U8. Then maybe by U9. U10 could have been it.

Maybe by U20, when Warframe is pretty much dead, it'll be done.

"remember when stealth was mean to be implemented in *insert update number*"

"yeah me neither"

Edited by Anatolius

One of the main reason's stealth doesn't seem to be working too well in this game is because of the nature of the game itself.

It is VERY fast-paced. Enemies bum-rush you, bullets are wizzing, and melee units hunt you down. In order to implement stealth, there will need to be a lot of changes to AI, and the amount of enemies need to be scaled. Right now, there are just far too many grineer/corpus/infested you have to tear through once you F*** up stealth. It would probably be beneficial to the stealth cause if the amount of enemies were scaled according to how long alarms are on/ what kind of weapons are being fired. Personally, if I was a grineer soldier, patrolling about and heard a small handgun go off, I'd be much less inclined to go check it out rather than a heavy machine gun.

(Potentially a segway for weapon silencer mods??)

Edited by N4G4M4K1

Stealth? 

They give you mod for you to be Stealth , they tried to make your Tenno/ Ninja Fail (A.k.a Endurance nerf ) How to say to you nicely ... I don't want Stealth to be in any project of DE if it going to be another Nerf in our rush , I also don't want that 5-10 guys requesting Stealth annoys the rest of community . Did you went in any game? You really think we care about Stealth? 

What we like , is what we do , and you see it .We only follow one Order : Seek & Destroy

When the word ninja comes to mind the first thing that pops in is probably stealth or assassination. Warframe's motto is something along the lines of "ninja's play free" i think? While rushing in guns blazing can be fun I don't believe it was supposed to take this much precedent over stealth. It was supposed to be a big mechanic to the game, which i hoped would have been improved by now, and still think it could make this game that much deeper and more enjoyable.

I think it's hiding.

quote of the year right there

In my opinion, DE should just forget about stealth. Like N4G4M4K1 basically said, stealth isn't working too well because of the current nature of the game. I think it'd be better if attention was given to other things. For example, they could add new animations and ways to attack (such as for melee) and new mechanics for Warframes (such as movement and new abilities). Really, the list goes on; there's lots of possibilities.

It would probably be beneficial to the stealth cause if the amount of enemies were scaled according to how long alarms are on/ what kind of weapons are being fired. Personally, if I was a grineer soldier, patrolling about and heard a small handgun go off, I'd be much less inclined to go check it out rather than a heavy machine gun.

(Potentially a segway for weapon silencer mods??)

We have those mods, this you perhaps make them useful.

Considering that Scott is looking at escalating spawn rates for the remake sabotage mission this would be a good double use for that mechanic in the AI spawn code.

Include increasing difficulties to hack alarm panels to shut down the alarms once active.

Give each faction a different reaction to alarms. Grineer are slow to hit the alarm, escalate at a moderate rate, easy disable. Corpus are moderate to hit the alarm, sluggish escalation, hard disable. Infested always alert in area, escalate fast, but once the spawn wave(s) are cleared they rest in all other areas (as they actually currently do).

There is a bit of stand down mechanic but its hard to get the AI to stand down as there is virtually no where you can hide. The exceptions are a Loki or someone with a shade. Eventually they will go back to a milling patrol mode, but will regain aggro very fast.

One of the issues with stealthing through a mission is that stealth kills (animation when meleeing unalerted enemies) don't actually kill higher level mobs. It gets to a point where the enemies just shrug it off and then turn around and spray you with bullets.

It had one of those murder/suicide pacts with charged melee combos

I combo my melee all the time...

Spin attack into charged attack is great for taking out single targets.

2 light into a heavy for a group if you are using a weapon with reach.

Block into Heavy.

etc.