Jump to content

Rhino charge tweaks+new passive.


Recommended Posts

RHINO is a complete warframe in my opinion.

He provides damage, defense, CC and some C tier mobility.

However that still won't stop me from adding a few changes suggestions to his Rhino charge and passive abilities to make him a bit more smoother.

My Goal for this thread is to achieve a new playstyle for Rhino that focuses on using Rhino charge not just to stacking armor, but to damage with it, in addition of giving him more options for mobility.

Let's start!

New passive!!: Collision damage.

Collision damage is a status effect that only Rhino can inflict.

Any enemy that is affected by an impact proc, and gets pushed by Rhino charge onto a wall, will suffer extra collision damage as impact 

1 impact proc means hitting a wall will suffer 100% of the damage that pushed the enemy

More consecutive procs add 25% extra damage up to 325% of the initial damage that pushed the enemy 

Rhino charge changes: 

•You can hold Rhino charge to change the angle of the dash from 0 to 90% or from horizontal charge to a vertical charge.

•Rhino charge no longer ragdolls enemies, instead the first two charges will knock enemies down, the third charge will push enemies away

•instead of iron skin giving Rhino charge blast damage, it will give 100% status chance for guaranteed impact procs.

•the status chance scales with the current Combo multiplier of Rhino charge.

•Rhino charge no longer displaces enemies affected by Rhino stomp, instead, the third will push them away.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i cam here thinking "what changes could you possibly make to rhino?" and then i read it and now i want to bull rush grineer into walls. sounds like fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Podge said:

i cam here thinking "what changes could you possibly make to rhino?" and then i read it and now i want to bull rush grineer into walls. sounds like fun.

That's the inteded feeling ^.^

One thing i failed to mention

Why add a vertical charge to Rhino?

Some tileset have walls but very far away, however they have ceilings

So when Rhino charges vertically, the enemies are pushed vertically as well

Making them hit ceilings and apply collision damage

But this is basically a niche and could be ignored

Besides, Rhinoceros don't really...jump

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StuntDouble said:

collision damage like doomfist in overwatch would be awkward to code in warframe. like if the ragdoll glitched out you could do billions of damage

Frost dome? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one issue I have with this is that Impact status no longer ragdolls enemies. Thus, this would only apply to Rhino's 1, though that alone I think would be enough to justify the effect, as battering enemies around is something I've always wanted to do with the frame, but generally don't because it typically just stalls gameplay more than anything. Making the damage scale with the enemy's level would allow it to also be relevant at all levels, which could hopefully lead to much more interesting use of his 1 at all level ranges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StuntDouble said:

collision damage like doomfist in overwatch would be awkward to code in warframe. like if the ragdoll glitched out you could do billions of damage

Usually, it won't 

And maybe to fix this issue the collision damage is only applied on first contact with a vertical surface...then the impact proc is consumed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

The one issue I have with this is that Impact status no longer ragdolls enemies. Thus, this would only apply to Rhino's 1, though that alone I think would be enough to justify the effect, as battering enemies around is something I've always wanted to do with the frame, but generally don't because it typically just stalls gameplay more than anything. Making the damage scale with the enemy's level would allow it to also be relevant at all levels, which could hopefully lead to much more interesting use of his 1 at all level ranges.

Yeah it's supposed to only work with Rhino

I want to make his Rhino charge more useful, and tactical

All the changes i've put work collectively to achieve this new battering ram playstyle

The more damage your charge do the more damage the collision is,

the more impact procs there is on the enemy, the more that damage is multiplied

So it really doesn't need any more damage multipliers since you basically have good chunk of extra damage there

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

So it really doesn't need any more damage multipliers since you basically have good chunk of extra damage there

That still remains flat damage, though, so it's going to fall off at some point. Also, if it only affects his 1, why not just make it a bonus effect to his 1, rather than a passive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-26 at 12:22 PM, Teridax68 said:

That still remains flat damage, though, so it's going to fall off at some point. Also, if it only affects his 1, why not just make it a bonus effect to his 1, rather than a passive?

/\ This. 

The changes are good, but they don't make sense as a passive for Rhino.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-26 at 5:22 PM, Teridax68 said:

That still remains flat damage, though, so it's going to fall off at some point. Also, if it only affects his 1, why not just make it a bonus effect to his 1, rather than a passive?

It's not supposed to scale too hard.

Nidus Virulence scales with each stack. But it's still flat damage in the end 

This new collision status effect has multiple way of scaling it using Rhino.

1.Rhino charge combo multiplier up to 4x

2.impact procs increase it up to 325% 

3.Rhino's roar

4.Rhino stomp with 100% extra rhino charge damage.

Combine all these multipliers together with other status effects like viral or corrosive and you get pretty good damage, that might rivals Virulence.

And it's pretty cool slamming enemies and they get extra damage by colliding into a wall.

 

As for passives...you're right this is not really a Rhino passive more so than it is a Rhino charge feature.

However some passives in the game are made only for one ability...like baruuk's restraint 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Nidus Virulence scales with each stack. But it's still flat damage in the end 

This new collision status effect has multiple way of scaling it using Rhino.

1.Rhino charge combo multiplier up to 4x

2.impact procs increase it up to 325% 

3.Rhino's roar

4.Rhino stomp with 100% extra rhino charge damage.

Combine all these multipliers together with other status effects like viral or corrosive and you get pretty good damage, that might rivals Virulence.

Have you done the math? Assuming Rhino has 300% Power Strength, the total multiplier is 85. Meanwhile, Nidus's multiplier goes to 101, and that's before factoring in Strength (which he can increase thanks to Parasitic Link). This is also assuming the stars line up and a lot of abilities are being comboed together, which is going to be difficult when sacrificing stats for that much Strength, whereas Nidus can just keep spamming his 1. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

And it's pretty cool slamming enemies and they get extra damage by colliding into a wall.

This I completely agree with, and generally I think it would be much more interesting if enemies took damage when thrown around.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

As for passives...you're right this is not really a Rhino passive more so than it is a Rhino charge feature.

However some passives in the game are made only for one ability...like baruuk's restraint 

Baruuk's Restraint gives him up to 50% passive damage reduction, so it has a function of its own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-28 at 3:18 PM, Teridax68 said:

Baruuk's Restraint gives him up to 50% passive damage reduction, so it has a function of its own.

Ok so if collision damage is a Rhino charge only feature

 

Rhino's passive should get tweaked or changed completely.

If tweaked: 

Hitting enemies with the shockwave will prolong its duration by 2 seconds, meaning more range. 

If you hit enemies with the shockwave, Rhino's next ability cast will have its range increased by 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ok so if collision damage is a Rhino charge only feature

 

Rhino's passive should get tweaked or changed completely.

If tweaked: 

Hitting enemies with the shockwave will prolong its duration by 2 seconds, meaning more range. 

If you hit enemies with the shockwave, Rhino's next ability cast will have its range increased by 100%

Personally, I'd change the shockwave to only trigger upon a melee slam attack or cast of his 4, and multiply the other effect''s damage and range. The problem with the current shockwave is that it is not only pretty useless on its own (so buffing its range isn't necessarily going to help), but is sometimes a bit detrimental in that it alerts enemies when one may not want to. Adding a range increase upon hitting an enemy could work, but only makes the ability useful by tacking an unrelated steroid onto it, which I don't think is necessarily the best way of making it satisfying to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...