The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get like, a marker for the drone in Cetus Missions?

CuriousCanidae

I seriously have no idea how I'm supposed to insert images from imgur using that "Insert image from URL" button because it's just flat out saying no. Anyway.

Maybe it's something someone said before, maybe it's something that's not important as people just don't do these anymore. Though, can you look at the first image and immediately see where the crashed drone is? 

https://imgur.com/BorF0EV

https://imgur.com/sey6cos

I'm one of those people who play on really potato things. Like, a 3+ year old laptop. I understand I can't see as much as other people do, but it usually doesn't become a problem as almost everything in WF has some sort of a marker, be is good or bad. 

Though, in this particular case. The Cetus mission which requires you to find and hack a crashed drone. In this particular place. Is usually difficult not because of the enemies, but finding the drone itself. Some people might just say "memorize where they spawn" but that isn't a fundamental solution.

Fortuna Orb Vallis missions, such as finding the logs from dead corpses, immediately give you a marker when you go somewhere within range. It's basically the same job, but it has some convenience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

The whole point is for you to find it... SO it would kinda defeat the purpose...
Also, that's why you use an archwing! You get a birds eye-view and find it quicker.

Then what is of the case in Fortuna? The things you need to find all have markers, Cetus simply doesn't. Almost all the time it's really fine but this particular location just kicks me.

...Also I'd be surprised if you can find something like that in that resolution on an arcwing. I couldn't even find it until I actually got close enough to see it.

3 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

In my experience the drone is always in the exact centre of the search radius.

Not sure why it doesn't have a direct marker if they're gonna do that, I guess it's just to add flavour.

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Before you enter the big yellow circle the drone will be marked on your mini map . You can open the map for all of Plains of Eidolon and put a marker on it before you enter the big yellow circle. 

I'll try to take note of those tips. I guess I just really dislike how some objectives are concluded as "just memorize their spawns".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CuriousCanidae said:

Then what is of the case in Fortuna? The things you need to find all have markers, Cetus simply doesn't. Almost all the time it's really fine but this particular location just kicks me.

...Also I'd be surprised if you can find something like that in that resolution on an arcwing. I couldn't even find it until I actually got close enough to see it.

Different missions, and not quite true, Caches only get markers if you're really slow for example. The drone mission requires you to kill it first, not find a downed one.

You can't memorize spawns, its randomized and if someone did... That someone needs a life.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

Just now, ReaverKane said:

Different missions, and not quite true, Caches only get markers if you're really slow for example. The drone mission requires you to kill it first, not find a downed one.

I do know that caches get markers eventually... I end up finding the last cache thanks to the smaller circle.

I just don't understand why drones don't. I sometimes literally go in circles in that area for... 10-15 minutes just because I can't see it.

1 minute ago, CuriousCanidae said:

I do know that caches get markers eventually... I end up finding the last cache thanks to the smaller circle.

I just don't understand why drones don't. I sometimes literally go in circles in that area for... 10-15 minutes just because I can't see it.

Like i said, use the archwing, its faster from above.

il y a 37 minutes, CuriousCanidae a dit :

And like said. It's pretty hard to see it when it's that close to a tree when I'm higher in my pixlated resolutions. 

In that case, fly higher before you enter the yellow area, very high until you are directly above the marker.

The drone will spawn at your feet when you press E and fall to the ground.

And yes, they almost always spawn at the centre of the circle.

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CuriousCanidae said:

I'm one of those people who play on really potato things. Like, a 3+ year old laptop. I understand I can't see as much as other people do, but it usually doesn't become a problem as almost everything in WF has some sort of a marker, be is good or bad.

I'm on a 10+ year old PC and can find the drones without problems.  And no, I don't have the locations memorized.  So....  I'm kinda having a hard time seeing a need for a marker.

just do these.
1. Go to the center of the circle area.
2. If you can't find it, look for wood or rock and kick it.  Chances are the drone is just dirty.

7 hours ago, CuriousCanidae said:

I seriously have no idea how I'm supposed to insert images from imgur using that "Insert image from URL" button because it's just flat out saying no. Anyway.

Maybe it's something someone said before, maybe it's something that's not important as people just don't do these anymore. Though, can you look at the first image and immediately see where the crashed drone is? 

Though, in this particular case. The Cetus mission which requires you to find and hack a crashed drone. In this particular place. Is usually difficult not because of the enemies, but finding the drone itself. Some people might just say "memorize where they spawn" but that isn't a fundamental solution.

Fortuna Orb Vallis missions, such as finding the logs from dead corpses, immediately give you a marker when you go somewhere within range. It's basically the same job, but it has some convenience.

Have you tried using headphones, Tenno? There are audible stereo cues to help you locate things. 

As others have noted the drone is usually in the middle of the marked area.

The caches tend to be near equidistant towards the outside of the circle. If you pick a spot about 2/3 of the way out and make your way around, you can usually find the first quickly, mark it and bullet jump towards one of the other points of the triangle and listen for the cues again. Makes finding them a lot easier in my experience.... Except for the ones inside the caves. They are still a pain in the butt, but a lot easier with headphones. 

8 hours ago, CuriousCanidae said:

And like said. It's pretty hard to see it when it's that close to a tree when I'm higher in my pixlated resolutions. 

Before you enter the yellow circle, the waypoint is exactly on the drone.  So in archwing, get high enough that you have a clear line of sight on the waypoint and then fly straight toward that spot until you hit the ground.  You'll be at the drone.  As someone else mentioned, you can also drop a manual waypoint either on the map or visually when you have line of sight.

Once you enter the circle, the waypoint disappears.  I agree it would be helpful if there was either a loot marker or an audible sound to help locate it, but it is what it is.

10 hours ago, CuriousCanidae said:

I seriously have no idea how I'm supposed to insert images from imgur using that "Insert image from URL" button because it's just flat out saying no.

The image URL needs to end in .jpg or .png or something. The imgur links you provided are links to full HTML websites, not images

On 2020-06-25 at 2:59 AM, CuriousCanidae said:

How is it difficult, the drone is literally dead center in the circle every single time.