Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Vs Embolist

SoloMeizi

Why I like my Embolist: 

1381888475-embolist.jpg

I was melting down packs of level 117 ancients like they were nothing, without getting a carpal syndrome while targeting every single one individually. It's also great crowd control.

The range doesn't bother me at all personally, and I carry it nearly all the time, just for it's killing power. I could've stop at 3 Forma, but I liked it so much that I've placed a fourth one. 

Meanwhile, my Acrid remains unused in my inventory, trying to cry itself to sleep with the potato I regret giving it. 

Edited by Kinperor

General use Acrid.

In Combo with right frame Embolist.

For example in defense... Vauban vortex with Embolist > Acrid. 

Things to consider with Embolist. If you use the full auto it feels like a can of spray paint and you go through ammo fast. Short bursts are better then just holding down mouse button. Gives Dot damage time to work it's magic without burning through your 100 ammo clip.

Edited by JackPrime

Except, Random, that Acrid is FPS-locked. On paper, the whole 'shooting twice a second' is nice and all, but FPS-locks can quickly ruin the advantage. Without mentioning, wildly smashing your mouse might make you lose accuracy at long range (one of Acrid's biggest advantage). No comment on macros (which are somewhat shady to begin with, but whatever, you could probably shoot 4x a second with that or something). 

Also, the Embolist can still apply it's DPS over several targets at once. 

The two weapons are very different; the only similarity is their innate poison damae. It seems like the Acrid is a better single target short-medium range weapon while the Embolist is a better short range multi target weapon

Acrid can target enemies at longer ranges and you can "fire and forget" with it. Fire 5 shots into an ancient and you can walk away and let the damage over time kill it.

The embolist can out damage enemies if the enemies are grouped up (by use of Saryn's snake skin or Loki's Decoy) or if multiple enemies are ragdolled. (such as with Vauban's vortex.)

(Ragdolled enemies get damaged an insane amount of times per second by weapons like the ignis and embolist for some reason)

Two very different weapons for two very different roles/uses

Why I like my Embolist: 

1381888475-embolist.jpg

I was melting down packs of level 117 ancients like they were nothing, without getting a carpal syndrome while targeting every single one individually. It's also great crowd control.

The range doesn't bother me at all personally, and I carry it nearly all the time, just for it's killing power. I could've stop at 3 Forma, but I liked it so much that I've placed a fourth one. 

Meanwhile, my Acrid remains unused in my inventory, trying to cry itself to sleep with the potato I regret giving it. 

How do you build your Embolist?  I am a big fan of the Ignis and the Embolist has been looking good for me so far, especially if they give Mag her "to my feet" Pull again.

(Ragdolled enemies get damaged an insane amount of times per second by weapons like the ignis and embolist for some reason)

That was removed. Doesn't make the sprayers any worse, but still. 

How do you build your Embolist?  I am a big fan of the Ignis and the Embolist has been looking good for me so far, especially if they give Mag her "to my feet" Pull again.

Like so:

1381892987-2013-10-15-00001.jpg

I find that the two last levels of Hornet Strike, Ice Storm and Magnum Force are mainly fluff. Ammo mutator is mighty useful but those ammo pad can do the trick a pinch.