Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing Loki Without Touching Loki

shut

Make it so that non-Boss enemies die instantly when they fall into an "out-of-bounds" pit, rather than instantly teleporting back like a Tenno does. So you can leap off a cliff, spin around, Switch Teleport with a neaby Heavy unit, and be satisfied that the kill that you just made suited the "trickster" theme more than any other one so far.

EDIT:

Okay, screw the title.

Cast a debuff on enemies affected by Switch Teleport that makes the above possible. Instakilling this way with Mag is debatable, but might be a bit too easy for Banshee to do.

Edited by SortaRandom

Bosses? No.

Normal units...? Yes. But ONLY if we have an actual punishment ourselves for falling down the cliffs, otherwise the risk vs reward factor is minimal.

I say just make Sentinel's be covered by Invis, *Known bug* and make Radial Disarm make enemies in general deal less damage, because at level 60 a Heavy Gunner with a Prvoa does about 800 damage.

HOWEVER, if people suggested below, where Switch Teleport takes the agro you had and puts it on your target, *or vice versa for teammates so you can't ge tthem killed, so it works well with Invisibility*, this adds a "Secondary" effect such as Decoy and Switch Teleport. Things like this should be for all warframe abilities. Little tips and tricks that are super effective when you learn them!

Edited by Hayden11121

Actually, you used to be able to do this in a way. Leap off edge with Mag and use pull and all the enemies would disappear over the edge, which is why they changed it so mobs would respawn like Tenno. The didn't care for people exploiting this way to kill mobs.

Actually, you used to be able to do this in a way. Leap off edge with Mag and use pull and all the enemies would disappear over the edge, which is why they changed it so mobs would respawn like Tenno. The didn't care for people exploiting this way to kill mobs.

I really don't get why they would do that. It would make the gameplay so much more interesting.

I really don't get why they would do that. It would make the gameplay so much more interesting.

Agreed, as long as you couldn't do this to bosses I think it'd be awesome. The respawning enemies don't make a lick of sense anyway. If they fall down a bottomless pit, just let them die, they're nameless, faceless mooks.

Has anyone seen the open beta trailer? Loki/Mag/Rhino/Excalibur going in to fight Krill? 
Krill is about to squish Loki with his hammer when all of a sudden, Switch teleport! He turns one of his own men into schnitzel instead.  
I want that kind of functionality should be added to switch teleport. A single target chaos effect that make one enemy appear to be Loki, even if it is just for a few seconds. It's a buff that still entirely fits within Loki's theme of having no damage numbers attached to his abilities, causing chaos in his foes ranks, etc. And it would also stop being such a niche mobility skill that way.  

Has anyone seen the open beta trailer? Loki/Mag/Rhino/Excalibur going in to fight Krill? 

Krill is about to squish Loki with his hammer when all of a sudden, Switch teleport! He turns one of his own men into schnitzel instead.  

I want that kind of functionality should be added to switch teleport. A single target chaos effect that make one enemy appear to be Loki, even if it is just for a few seconds. It's a buff that still entirely fits within Loki's theme of having no damage numbers attached to his abilities, causing chaos in his foes ranks, etc. And it would also stop being such a niche mobility skill that way.  

Perhaps not so much a Chaos effect, but maybe have it so that enemies that were shooting at Loki will continue shooting at the same spot that he was at for about a second after he switches away, and temporarily enable friendly fire upon the enemy that was Switched.

If you could Switch with explosive barrels, this could become an incredibly fun combination.

Perhaps not so much a Chaos effect, but maybe have it so that enemies that were shooting at Loki will continue shooting at the same spot that he was at for about a second after he switches away, and temporarily enable friendly fire upon the enemy that was Switched.

If you could Switch with explosive barrels, this could become an incredibly fun combination.

That's plenty, a short friendly fire time on a switch teleported enemy. Just something that gives it that extra active/chaotic use. A single target chaos effect is basically friendly fire if under a short duration, so that's why I phrased it as such, but friendly fire could work too.  

Especially if you could catch them in radial blasts/Scorpion ropes/shockwave MOA stomps.  

Maybe we could also apply the same idea to decoy? Enemy shots that hit the decoy will go through and hit enemies on the other side? Don't redirect the bullets, just if enemies are lined up like that have it happen.

And we should definitely be able to switch with explosive barrels. 

Maybe we could also apply the same idea to decoy? Enemy shots that hit the decoy will go through and hit enemies on the other side? Don't redirect the bullets, just if enemies are lined up like that have it happen.

This alone would totally change Loki's play in a positive way. Decoy is awesome, but it would be fantastic if at least player projectiles could pass through the hologram. Saryn's Molt makes sense as a solid object that blocks fire. That's cool, it could even have applications as a temporary tank for you if you took it in that direction. Loki's Decoy should be totally incorporeal, everything should pass through it. I think that change would put an even nicer differentiation between their respective abilities.

Bosses? No.

Normal units...? Yes. But ONLY if we have an actual punishment ourselves for falling down the cliffs, otherwise the risk vs reward factor is minimal.

I say just make Sentinel's be covered by Invis, *Known bug* and make Radial Disarm make enemies in general deal less damage, because at level 60 a Heavy Gunner with a Prvoa does about 800 damage.

I was thinking about the radial disarm issue.

And what if all of Loki's powers just caused enemies to take Friendly Fire in some way? 

I've made a couple posts in this thread on buffs for switch and decoy, given those I think instead of Radial Disarm preventing them from smacking you around with 800 damage, careful use of dodges/movement/and the buffed switch teleport/decoy would have enemies smacking each other instead. This would also give it use on infested who tend to swarm and melee and thus have had no issue getting radial disarmed. It also means it'll scale in value, going from a defensive tactic at low levels, to an offensive tactic at high levels. 

You really get around in the Loki forums xD again I'll say it! Great Idea! This is what Loki needs! I can imagine it now, switch teleport into the enemy lines, help them kill their friend. Their like "OH F*** A LOKI" and you switch with a barrel and watch them blow themselves up! This is what a trickster does. This is what Loki should do.

I was thinking about the radial disarm issue.

And what if all of Loki's powers just caused enemies to take Friendly Fire in some way? 

I've made a couple posts in this thread on buffs for switch and decoy, given those I think instead of Radial Disarm preventing them from smacking you around with 800 damage, careful use of dodges/movement/and the buffed switch teleport/decoy would have enemies smacking each other instead. This would also give it use on infested who tend to swarm and melee and thus have had no issue getting radial disarmed. It also means it'll scale in value, going from a defensive tactic at low levels, to an offensive tactic at high levels. 

I'm not sure how likely they'd be to hurt each other even considering the movement and the chaos of cluster fucks.

Honestly the -only- thing I want out of Loki vs Infested is to "disarm" ancient's abilities. remove their disrupt, poison, and heal. That's it! no more damage to chargers, no more stagger. I'll just be happy with that being the only thing it does to infested. maybe stops runners from poping? these sound a lot more like what this abilities is meant for.

I'm not sure how likely they'd be to hurt each other even considering the movement and the chaos of cluster fucks.

Honestly the -only- thing I want out of Loki vs Infested is to "disarm" ancient's abilities. remove their disrupt, poison, and heal. That's it! no more damage to chargers, no more stagger. I'll just be happy with that being the only thing it does to infested. maybe stops runners from poping? these sound a lot more like what this abilities is meant for.

Man you're active on the Loki thread tonight(Although I guess I am too right now.). 

I just feel Loki needs -offensive- utility that is more than go invis then murder everything. It's just not tactical, not chaotic enough for a guy called Loki. If you look at the mythology of Loki he manipulated people into thinking they were doing what they wanted, when they were actually doing what Loki wanted. Which actually included murdering a couple people here and there and getting Thor to dress up like a woman. 

I don't expect Lancers to start wearing skirts, even if Halloween is coming up, but I do expect Loki to have some ability to get enemies to injure each other, a little similar, but not entirely to the way Nyx does. 

Man you're active on the Loki thread tonight(Although I guess I am too right now.). 

I just feel Loki needs -offensive- utility that is more than go invis then murder everything. It's just not tactical, not chaotic enough for a guy called Loki. If you look at the mythology of Loki he manipulated people into thinking they were doing what they wanted, when they were actually doing what Loki wanted. Which actually included murdering a couple people here and there and getting Thor to dress up like a woman. 

I don't expect Lancers to start wearing skirts, even if Halloween is coming up, but I do expect Loki to have some ability to get enemies to injure each other, a little similar, but not entirely to the way Nyx does. 

I do try to stay on top of Loki posts x3

But that on the side don't misunderstand! I have no problem with Loki making everything have friendly fire. and I don't really have a problem with your suggestion so much as I'm not sure it would "work" by this I mean I don't know if radial disarm would prompt enough enemy on enemy action to warrant the change. switch teleport works because you're directing aggro to your target. the results are obvious, tactical, and hilarious. But I feel your suggestion would (If i understand you correctly) make it so they'll all be capable of hurting each other. but not giving them a reason to if that makes sense? in infested to make it so the AoE poison would hurt everyone around the ancient it kind of all I can imagine as being particularly reliable.

I might be misunderstanding you though. feel free to help me understand :D