Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.7

[DE]Megan

So DE, let's talk about consistency.  You've removed the gilding challenge, given that we had half a year of one intermission.  The post regarding it is here: 

I can read, and can note that you removed it from "this series."  You have added back a challenge that was requested to be removed, presumably to cover the new primary kitguns.  It's really not a violation of what you specifically stated, but the messaging allowing you to reinsert previous challenges at will is pretty frustrating.

Nightwave is, at the rate you're setting up, going to last for about 20 weeks.  The math here being 5 different "mysteries" with 4 weeks per each one being active.  Fine.  Doing the math there, it took about 6 weeks to get to level 30 and it will be 12 to get to level 60.  It almost seems like the last two months of nightwave is going to be useless for players at that rate.  So, are we going to have that happen again, or are you going to let us earn 15 credits per level constantly?  I ask, because the extension of the rewards pool into conclave mods means that there's no effective means to buy anything else given random spawning weekly, and them costing 2 levels worth of credits.

Conclave talk over.  Syndicate medallion spawning out of boundaries is a joke.  Maybe you could look into that.  I appreciate the color impairment visual changes, but they seem to largely be related to external drama.  It seems like that's the only way to get fixes pushed, which is a scary precedent.  

We've got about a month until virtual tennocon.  You've obviously pushed it to try and put something out the door.  Can we maybe get something to do in the interim?  Plague Star, Dog Days, heck even a string of Railjack missions awarding everyone some guaranteed wreckage would be something.  I'm really sure that none of that is impossible to string together, and it might stop the bleeding.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is having issues finding things to do, especially when "join any group" on railjack so often yields "there are no open groups."  

Can we get some modular weapon love?  Zaws still don't cover all of the melee weapon classes.  The four kitguns are...I would call them lackluster given they compete against everything from the Harpak to the Supra, the Arca Plasmor to the Kohm.  I just don't see why you can't introduce another 4-8 of the kitguns and 2-3 of the zaws.  Doing so would functionally introduce traffic back to Fortuna and PoE, while people farmed resources and standing to play with them.  Given the recent decision to assume all new content was above the power curve, and the nature of content being released with built-in nerfs to allow later buffs, these new items would be 3-4 weeks of content to figure out for the effort of a few new models, skins, and some color changes from existing projectiles and animations.  It seems like a lot less work, for a lot of time invested by players.  I say all of this, despite hating the "you cannot upgrade this item until gilded" catch built into the system.

It's appreciated that you're doing patch work here.  I know it isn't the most amazing work, and doesn't drive people to come back.  At the same time, you've made some....let's call it bold decisions without any plan or time frame for implementing them.  It might be time to dig up the old stuff, and put it back out to keep people's attention.  Barring that, it's going to be a long wait for a digital convention, and there's going to be a very difficult discussion if the result is that the next real content isn't going to come until November or December.  After three years of this, it's no longer something that we can simply assume will be viable.  PoE, Fortuna, and Old Blood/Railjack have been three strikes against smooth releases.  I can tell you that I'm looking at another walk back from this game if that's the case.  I got the Lodestar armor the other day, and from this point on logins offer me nothing.  Kuva weapons are a chores.  Kitgun primaries are a joke.  I just don't understand how we got here, without having to chalk it up to ambition outstripping delivery.  

5 hours ago, Amadurim said:

Baruuk's wave unaffected by Condition overload. Fix pls.

It's never been affected by it. And it seems like that's probably intended. 

Garuda on the other hand.... recently Blood Rush and Weeping wounds have stopped working for her. And that seems like an actual bug, unlike what is most likely the case with Baruuks waves

10 minutes ago, TriseAlpha said:

The Corpus realize that kidnapping their own workers and pretending to be Capitalist Jesus won't actually break the tie vote, right? How does this protocol make any sense?

No idea myself, we don't even have an explanation in the quest or its introduction as to what is causing the turmoil the Corpus are experiencing, if the Chairman Frohd Bek is still alive thus giving some reasoning for a deadlock situation in the first place (Chairmen typically are given the ability to break stalemates as part of their duties in a board of directors) or how Nef Anyo thinks that being who he says he is would entitle him to authority a former founder had in the past. Perhaps Nef's is a mix of religiosity and nepotism, but its all very vague and confusingly written.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.7

Color Blind Compensation Change:

• Tweaks to improve distinction between very saturated colors when Color Blind Compensation is enabled.
    • It’s worth noting here that our Color Blind Compensation approach is far from perfect and feedback will vary accordingly. We will continue to investigate larger scope accessibility issues!

Fixes:

• Fixes towards an ability to multiply Nightwave Standing gained by repeatedly going in and out of Fortuna. 
  • Fixed a case of Protea’s Blaze Artillery not damaging ragdolled enemies.
  • Fixed Eidolon Bush Decoration description using ‘bare’ instead of ‘bear’.
  • Fixed a script error if your Djinn's Reawaken Precept activated while you were in Operator mode.

7 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Fixed a case of Protea’s Blaze Artillery not damaging ragdolled enemies.

Ok, but can you fix Baruuk's Desert Wind which has some troubles with damaging ragdolled targets (especially when it caused by Khora's Strangledome). Thank you for the hotfix.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Eidolon Bush Decoration description using ‘bare’ instead of ‘bear’.

Okay but like, there's some similarly simple fixes we could be introducing that actually matter?
Also, obligatory 'please let us remove lenses'

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

No idea myself, we don't even have an explanation in the quest or its introduction as to what is causing the turmoil the Corpus are experiencing, if the Chairman Frohd Bek is still alive thus giving some reasoning for a deadlock situation in the first place (Chairmen typically are given the ability to break stalemates as part of their duties in a board of directors) or how Nef Anyo thinks that being who he says he is would entitle him to authority a former founder had in the past. Perhaps Nef's is a mix of religiosity and nepotism, but its all very vague and confusingly written.

Maybe both of you are missing out on the deeper lore here, as it has been delivered in small amounts over years.  

I'd suggest that you complete both the Tenets and Partnership Fragments scanning.  Assuming that you read through all of them, the story is a bit more clear and a bit less simple than the response of "capitalist jesus" as quoted above.  

Alad V is trying to bring the amalgams back, to help fight the incoming invasion of Tau.  He's been a bit less than consistent over the years, but he's always been trying to push things forward.  This is where the whole infested Alad V thing sits, and the various events where he both helped and was nemesis to the tenno.  This is largely the Parvo philosophy, where labor can catapult anyone to great heights.

Nef Anyo is more of the dictator who has risen to power and is suppressing the people.  He has worked to keep this position of power, and largely views the people of Solaris United as a lesser class to be exploited.  His MO seems to largely be throw money and resources at a problem and it will solve itself.  Parvos hits the nail on the head here, with the whole "greed is not good" mentality.

Now, Parvos Granum is largely setup as the same archetype as with Andrew Ryan in Bioshock.  Everyone deserves the opportunity to seek rewards, and in doing so they can make things better.  I'd suggest that the actions of bringing the tenno into the void, and the rather...ominous tone delivered about the people of Solaris United are setting up another cartoon villain.  Someone initially setup as a driving force, but who will take a comical back-seat once it's made clear that they only have one note.  Parvos is looking for benefit, but the message that he is sharing is in direct opposition to his actions.

For those willing to do some background, I'd suggest A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.  The gist of the story is that history is distorted over time, and the things we believe about the past aren't exactly accurate.  The story covers that the age of chivalry was less than great for peasants, the deeds of the knights of the round table were made greater over time, and that the glorious history hides a more pragmatic truth. 

If this is the case, Parvo will be a lot like -edit- Ergo Glast -edit-.  Heck, they may even get together given their pasts and the current lore.  Both are effectively outcasts from a corpus board, divided between becoming a plutocratic autocracy and the idealized libertarian idea of effort making everyone capable of greatness.  It's this issue that divides the board, and why bringing back Parvo is something Nef does not want. 

The above story has to be piece together, hence why a new player, or someone not constantly klepto, might miss it.  It's even more annoying when you get a scan, then have to go to the codex and drag your mouse over it to get half the lore to play.  Yeah, it's about as organic as Destiny's Grimoire website.  DE doesn't really do organic story telling well, and it's largely the player trying to piece it together post-facto.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a case of Protea’s Blaze Artillery not damaging ragdolled enemies.

Blaze Artillery won't target enemies being staggered by the Impact procs of a Moa equipped with Hard Engage.  I'm not sure if this applies to all sources of Impact Staggers, but it's very noticeable with Hard Engage.

when you guys going to fix the colors the last patch broke? wukong antennas are almost invisible lol but the problem arises with lasers  on cameras  I keep running into door ways and getting knocked down over and over and over I cant see the lasers to brake the cameras cause now there almost invisible as well as the lasers blocking the door way and those damn nullifer bubbles. weapons explosion are almost invisible as well as a lot of other minor  colors and effects that are now mission or really hard to see like mesa peacemaker ability the hit circle that shrinks yep its kinda invisible now makes using some frames abilities and weapons a bit more annoying  especially when I need to kill 75 enemies in .50 seconds lol cause apparently no other frame can do this???? is it just me or has the color braking in the game got worse? forget washed out planets we got black planets now

9 hours ago, Leoskye said:

Hi. no one is gonna talk about the recent update which made autoexposure being turned on by DEFAULT? We don't have the option to choose either to turn it on or turn it off anymore. Also, energy effets at all, like zenurik's energizing dash, ability energy effects, weapon energy effets, being almost unseeable? ALL energy effects have been made darker with hotfix 28.0.6. almost invisible. please fix this!

Hope they redo this. Most of the emblems aswell are not possible to see.

1 hour ago, RyujinLoki said:

when you guys going to fix the colors the last patch broke? wukong antennas are almost invisible lol but the problem arises with lasers  on cameras  I keep running into door ways and getting knocked down over and over and over I cant see the lasers to brake the cameras cause now there almost invisible as well as the lasers blocking the door way and those damn nullifer bubbles. weapons explosion are almost invisible as well as a lot of other minor  colors and effects that are now mission or really hard to see like mesa peacemaker ability the hit circle that shrinks yep its kinda invisible now makes using some frames abilities and weapons a bit more annoying  especially when I need to kill 75 enemies in .50 seconds lol cause apparently no other frame can do this???? is it just me or has the color braking in the game got worse? forget washed out planets we got black planets now

Yeah they messed up lighting hard. No hotfix yet on it. Hope they return it to how it was.

39 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Maybe both of you are missing out on the deeper lore here, as it has been delivered in small amounts over years.  

I'd suggest that you complete both the Tenets and Partnership Fragments scanning.  Assuming that you read through all of them, the story is a bit more clear and a bit less simple than the response of "capitalist jesus" as quoted above.  

Alad V is trying to bring the amalgams back, to help fight the incoming invasion of Tau.  He's been a bit less than consistent over the years, but he's always been trying to push things forward.  This is where the whole infested Alad V thing sits, and the various events where he both helped and was nemesis to the tenno.  This is largely the Parvo philosophy, where labor can catapult anyone to great heights.

Nef Anyo is more of the dictator who has risen to power and is suppressing the people.  He has worked to keep this position of power, and largely views the people of Solaris United as a lesser class to be exploited.  His MO seems to largely be throw money and resources at a problem and it will solve itself.  Parvos hits the nail on the head here, with the whole "greed is not good" mentality.

Now, Parvos Granum is largely setup as the same archetype as with Andrew Ryan in Bioshock.  Everyone deserves the opportunity to seek rewards, and in doing so they can make things better.  I'd suggest that the actions of bringing the tenno into the void, and the rather...ominous tone delivered about the people of Solaris United are setting up another cartoon villain.  Someone initially setup as a driving force, but who will take a comical back-seat once it's made clear that they only have one note.  Parvos is looking for benefit, but the message that he is sharing is in direct opposition to his actions.

For those willing to do some background, I'd suggest A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.  The gist of the story is that history is distorted over time, and the things we believe about the past aren't exactly accurate.  The story covers that the age of chivalry was less than great for peasants, the deeds of the knights of the round table were made greater over time, and that the glorious history hides a more pragmatic truth. 

If this is the case, Parvo will be a lot like -edit- Ergo Glast -edit-.  Heck, they may even get together given their pasts and the current lore.  Both are effectively outcasts from a corpus board, divided between becoming a plutocratic autocracy and the idealized libertarian idea of effort making everyone capable of greatness.  It's this issue that divides the board, and why bringing back Parvo is something Nef does not want. 

The above story has to be piece together, hence why a new player, or someone not constantly klepto, might miss it.  It's even more annoying when you get a scan, then have to go to the codex and drag your mouse over it to get half the lore to play.  Yeah, it's about as organic as Destiny's Grimoire website.  DE doesn't really do organic story telling well, and it's largely the player trying to piece it together post-facto.

I have read through all of them, and haven't missed anything of the lore so far. The entire Capitalist Jesus quote by TriseAlpha is to refer cutely to what Nef is intending as with his own cult and the greater cult like influence he is trying to use to justify his ascension in the board without getting into the meat and tators of the Quest, since it is still probably under Spoiler Warning Territory as per DE Megan quoting that part to make it optional. Alad V's history starts with him representing the Corpus to have ask us to oppose the Grineer with Operation Slingshot, and later get mocked by Vor during Arid Fear for thinking Tenno were Warframes while we were trying to find stable nodes of interest around the Phobos-Mars area. Its still unknown if we found exactly what the Queens had hired Alad V to hide, but it didn't really mater as we got access to the Grineer Desert Settlements. I am also aware that Alad V only has his place back on Jupiter because of Natah using one of her Mimic shards and the Ropalolyst Eidolon-Like splinter of herself as an enforcer; he doesn't have the greater support of his old Directors position (He was director of Corpus to Grineer affairs) or his freedom unfortunately for him, as he is allowed to 'share' conduit and amalgam tech due to Natah wanting him to.

Unfortunately, Nef has taken on Alad V's old position from his previous master (Nef Anyo was Alad V's sergeant before, focused on warframe identification and acquisition for Alad V's twisted studies and experiments) and received backing from Frohd Bek to do so, as stated within Tubemen of Regor, False Profit, and Glast Gambit; where Nef makes light of it, by saying that if we bankrupt him anymore he might have to ask Frohd Bek for another loan. Bek only took this route of promoting and supporting Nef after his own son, Darvo rejected Frohd's plan of having Darvo move into the position of Alad v post "Hunt for Alad V" when the Corpus scientist originally lost support of the board and was declared heretical for the dipping into and using Infested tech, which is considered Taboo. Later Alad V, who survived by injecting himself with technocyte he discovered from his examinations of warframe insides which started off the Secret Shipments and Mutalist invasions and Patient Zero during that. only resurfacing with Tubemen where he was trying to trade information about Tyl Regor's new underwater labs and sharing a cure if we would give him data from Tyl Regor's experiments that he thought he could save himself using. Nef countered using backing from Frohd Bek to help fund his vengeance against his former "bad boss". Ultimately, we helped Alad V more which cured him - mostly - and he later helped us with 2nd Dream which led to us helping him with Shadow Debt due to Shadow Stalker being annoyed by Alad V's interference and sending Misery with his posse to deal with the former Corpus Director. Ultimately we beat back the acolytes and Alad V thanked us and ended up where he is now, making amalgams for Natah's purposes. You will note that while officially Alad V is making the amalgams for the Corpus, and those do show as Corpus units in the Codex, the lab ones are Sentient faction and show such in the codex. That is important Me thinks along with the spreading of Sentient tech storage devices that work as locked point connections to possessions stored at another point. This would be easy to setup into the later Sentient onslaught as a spearhead to move supplies quickly into different faction territories.

This isn't to say Alad V is the only one making progress on synthesizing dangerous Sentient Tech as seen on Orb Vallis and the new Corpus ship tileset, evidence of Nef having scientists hybridize Corpus and Sentient tech more traditionally seems to be going on. Nef has used the loans from Frohd Bek and captial from his False Profit and Index scams to setup management of the Venusian Orb Vallis exploitation project promising more useful land for Corpus habitation, mining, and food stuffs giving him even more power. Given the location of the Deadlock Protocol and use of the Solaris United characters, you are intended to be vested in Solaris United already but it doesn't delve into the rest of his power plays, nor does it mention how he grabbed many of Glast's executives under the now Perrin Sequence founder's headcount, when Ego fled the Corpus proper. This doesn't really play into Samuel Clemens's work about a time displaced yankee annoying and changing the Round Table to around his actions and shared information, since the reality or distorted history of the mysterious founder isn't important to what are the Directors deadlocked about nor if Frohd Bek as the current Chairman and thus who should be breaking the deadlock was not recovered officially from the end result of Ambulus Reborn (His ship, went boomy due to us reprogramming some Animo boosted Ambulus) when his bridge module was ejected.

Hiya!  I know you guys are busy, but wanted to add in the somewhat urgent issue that the Railjack Slingshot appears to have broken during the rolling updates leading up to protea. You can check out some of my recent posts and a couple topics about it for a full bug report, but the short version is that currently its single use, and requires loading back to the dojo to use again, even in a different mission.

Overall, have been very happy with the updates, you guys are doing great!

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

I have read through all of them, and haven't missed anything of the lore so far. The entire Capitalist Jesus quote by TriseAlpha is to refer cutely to what Nef is intending as with his own cult and the greater cult like influence he is trying to use to justify his ascension in the board without getting into the meat and tators of the Quest, since it is still probably under Spoiler Warning Territory as per DE Megan quoting that part to make it optional.

This isn't to say Alad V is the only one making progress on synthesizing dangerous Sentient Tech as seen on Orb Vallis and the new Corpus ship tileset, evidence of Nef having scientists hybridize Corpus and Sentient tech more traditionally seems to be going on. Nef has used the loans from Frohd Bek and captial from his False Profit and Index scams to setup management of the Venusian Orb Vallis exploitation project promising more useful land for Corpus habitation, mining, and food stuffs giving him even more power. Given the location of the Deadlock Protocol and use of the Solaris United characters, you are intended to be vested in Solaris United already but it doesn't delve into the rest of his power plays, nor does it mention how he grabbed many of Glast's executives under the now Perrin Sequence founder's headcount, when Ego fled the Corpus proper. This doesn't really play into Samuel Clemens's work about a time displaced yankee annoying and changing the Round Table to around his actions and shared information, since the reality or distorted history of the mysterious founder isn't important to what are the Directors deadlocked about nor if Frohd Bek as the current Chairman and thus who should be breaking the deadlock was not recovered officially from the end result of Ambulus Reborn (His ship, went boomy due to us reprogramming some Animo boosted Ambulus) when his bridge module was ejected.

Help me here then, what's the ambiguous part of the story?

Opening scene says there is a vote, that is tied at an impasse.  After the first mission you know the players, and the Jerry Springer levels of goofiness to set the wheels in motion.  They justify the tile remaster in the introductory cinematic.  The justify the abductions in the first two missions, as test dummies.  None of this is high art, but it's not hand waving "because" justifications either.

Is the question what the vote was regarding the deadlock?  It doesn't matter, as with the Corpus it could literally be anything and not matter.  Maybe they wanted to increase the tax rate 1% further, but the point was that deadlock prevents any unified actions (like crushing the resistance on Fortuna).  The secondary influence here is that Nef can break the deadlock, assuming that there's a chance for ascension.  You now have an antagonist, motivation, ticking clock, and the expected resolution path.  

This is a lot like Alien and Aliens.  The Xenomorph was great because of the questions; why did it exist, where was it from, how could it be stopped?  When the situation became "because an android hated humans" the xenomorph became less scary and more insulting.  Maybe sometimes DE knows what they are doing, and leaves things undefined.  I know that people may believe otherwise, but I do appreciate that sometimes they get it right.  This is one of those cases where spelling everything out would have killed pacing and left us with nothing better.

Is there any way apothics from The Silver Grove could be added to Simaris's shop? Some people have for sure sold those, and now have either have to gulp it down and live without them, searching for free carries, or message the support team, which also could be quite troublesome for a lot. 
It also doesn't make sense when literally everything quest-related, such as Warframe blueprints, are sold by Simaris, but something... uh, less important, I guess, as apothics isn't.

5 minutes ago, CephalonNiksyn said:

Is there any way apothics from The Sacred Grove could be added to Simaris's shop? Some people have for sure sold those, and now have either have to gulp it down and live without them, searching for free carries, or message the support team, which also could be quite troublesome for a lot. 
It also doesn't make sense when literally everything quest-related, such as Warframe blueprints, are sold by Simaris, but something... uh, less important, I guess, as apothics isn't.

I don't understand.  The apothics are quest related, and the blue prints thus cannot be sold.  

You can craft them, and then sell the completed apothic.  Are you saying you've managed to sell the blue print?

Archived