The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.7

17 minutes ago, CephalonNiksyn said:

Is there any way apothics from The Silver Grove could be added to Simaris's shop? Some people have for sure sold those, and now have either have to gulp it down and live without them, searching for free carries, or message the support team, which also could be quite troublesome for a lot. 
It also doesn't make sense when literally everything quest-related, such as Warframe blueprints, are sold by Simaris, but something... uh, less important, I guess, as apothics isn't.

You cannot sell the Apothic blueprints, nor can you sell the Apothic once built.

49 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You cannot sell the Apothic blueprints, nor can you sell the Apothic once built.

That was after the fix. 

12 minutes ago, CephalonNiksyn said:

That was after the fix. 

Now I see where you're coming from, I did try and look them up before posting to see if it was one of those things that was then but not now able to be sold but couldn't find it.

Why sell them in the first place, I had them before the fix you said, (I think) they take up no room in your foundry I hadn't even thought of selling them or anything Quest related.

Edited by Slayer-.
added (I think)
1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Now I see where you're coming from, I did try and look them up before posting to see if it was one of those things that was then but not now able to be sold but couldn't find it.

Why sell them in the first place, I had them before the fix you said, (I think) they take up no room in your foundry I hadn't even thought of selling them or anything Quest related.

Presumably for the same reason you'd sell the anti-toxins.  I might be missing the name, but they were an event item from way back in the day, and you'd put them into an earth sabatoge to get points for the event.

I was unaware of the fix, but if they're gone then it's probably a support only fix.  It took years to get Mirage and the other one-and-done frames into simaris's pool.  Having them add another thing, that was already "fixed" is something I'd guess is a low priority.  That really sucks though.  I have taken to selling nothing, after the whole melee rework it seemed like nothing in the game is stable enough to not want backups.

Tremba Essence, beacons, nightwave credits, Limbo proof fragments...I'm a digital horder.  At least the DE help staff are usually quite good at dealing with the shenanigans.  They've always been prompt in my experience.

-edit- 

Not aware that they also removed sales of the apothics.  Well, that's some more space that each account is required to take.  I guess this is why riven mod space is so low by default.  Yes, that's hyperbolic.  At the same time it's meant to highlight how the game is monetized.  

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Presumably for the same reason you'd sell the anti-toxins.  I might be missing the name, but they were an event item from way back in the day, and you'd put them into an earth sabatoge to get points for the event.

Tremba Essence, beacons, nightwave credits, Limbo proof fragments...I'm a digital horder.  At least the DE help staff are usually quite good at dealing with the shenanigans.  They've always been prompt in my experience.

The antitoxins can still be used but I don't think they help that much with the end of mission reward, the times I've tried them.

I'm a digital horder too, it's paid off with needing old stuff to build new stuff, like the Ephemera's as an example I can think of off the top of my head with my stomach pushing me to get some food, it always wins around grub time. 😉 

• Like 1

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203007-the-deadlock-protocol-hotfix-2806-28061/?do=findComment&comment=11654652
For me, this is not about balancing if a thing is too bright or too dark, but about Adaptive Exposure and the ability to toggle it off. It is great to hear, that there's an approach of analysing, how that other problem might be fixed by experimenting with the sliders and people providing logs to BEAR.

In my case however, the issue is about the game disregarding brightness/contrast/whatever setting and repeatedly "adjusting" these things on its own, depending on how the player moves and turns. Please give us back the possibility to keep our settings and lighting levels constant and not having the game automatically switch between illuminating/dimming everything. I'm just a layman, but this "simulating an eye adjusting to light and darkness" thing kinda does sound like it could totally take priority over our own settings regarding maybe brightness, effects intensity and contrast to make that simulation and fluctuation happen.

Players all use settings which work best for them for all the different reasons. I really don't see how reducing options to customize the game experience is beneficial or is seen as a good idea, while DE is clearly thinking about making Warframe even more accessibly as it ever was with the colorblind update (because this IS huge!).
Sorry for the rant, it just seems so contradicting...

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 4

Can not log in. Get to the login screen. Enter PW, the timer pinwheels then cuts out to desk top like I never clicked on the launcher. In fact everything WF related disappears I have verified and optimised from Launcher settings twice. No dice.

Can you please do something about our decoration placement control?

I love the new room and decorations but get to the point of pulling out my hair EVERY time i do anything.  Why when we have an entire keyboard do we have to share functions with 6 keys. You know how frustrating it is when snapping keeps getting turned on because you hit it trying to get the right rotation angle on the last piece.  Or how totally heart breaking it can be when somewhere in your build layout it switched from world to local and the difference was so minimal you didn't see it till 4 hours and 60 pieces later.  Why for the love of god can't these functions have their own keys that won't be accidentally hit trying to do other things. Don't say its because your in different modes when you use them.  This isn't like going from regular play into Railjack mode.  the transition between modes is seamless and done multiple times per minuet so they still need their own key assignments

Edited by icodious

Now you can't hardly see Simaris target. You hardly see the energy obs.

DE nerfed the light in the Orbiter at the intersection where the 3 doors are months ago and now they nerfing the light

in the entire game.  So DARK !

Now what ? DE expect players to go and buy new computers to be able to play Warframe ?

• Like 1

Could you possibly make is to where proteas blaze artillery is somehow effected by ability durration or perhaps untill the magazine runs out or a cap as to how many blaze artillery are active at once is met kind of like wisp's reservoirs it's kind of annoying to have eleven blasts in the artilleries magazine when it can only use about four or five before the durration runs out

Edited by gagstergamer
10 minutes ago, wipitou said:

Now you can't hardly see Simaris target. You hardly see the energy obs.

DE nerfed the light in the Orbiter at the intersection where the 3 doors are months ago and now they nerfing the light

in the entire game.  So DARK !

Now what ? DE expect players to go and buy new computers to be able to play Warframe ?

No, just use Arlo's Light for now so you can see until DE fixes it. 😛 

latest?cb=20191001082355

Seriously though I've only noticed it when I'm in Navigation the star chart is very dark,

7 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Can not log in. Get to the login screen. Enter PW, the timer pinwheels then cuts out to desk top like I never clicked on the launcher. In fact everything WF related disappears I have verified and optimised from Launcher settings twice. No dice.

Its a glitch with Razer chroma it happened to me as well it's already patched in the latest update of Razer chroma just make sure to update and remove some of the leftover files that may have stayed there from the previous version

13 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Help me here then, what's the ambiguous part of the story?

Opening scene says there is a vote, that is tied at an impasse.  After the first mission you know the players, and the Jerry Springer levels of goofiness to set the wheels in motion.  They justify the tile remaster in the introductory cinematic.  The justify the abductions in the first two missions, as test dummies.  None of this is high art, but it's not hand waving "because" justifications either.

Is the question what the vote was regarding the deadlock?  It doesn't matter, as with the Corpus it could literally be anything and not matter.  Maybe they wanted to increase the tax rate 1% further, but the point was that deadlock prevents any unified actions (like crushing the resistance on Fortuna).  The secondary influence here is that Nef can break the deadlock, assuming that there's a chance for ascension.  You now have an antagonist, motivation, ticking clock, and the expected resolution path.  

This is a lot like Alien and Aliens.  The Xenomorph was great because of the questions; why did it exist, where was it from, how could it be stopped?  When the situation became "because an android hated humans" the xenomorph became less scary and more insulting.  Maybe sometimes DE knows what they are doing, and leaves things undefined.  I know that people may believe otherwise, but I do appreciate that sometimes they get it right.  This is one of those cases where spelling everything out would have killed pacing and left us with nothing better.

The Quest doesn't say what the Board is in turmoil about, doesn't say why Frohd Bek, Chairmen of the Board wasn't there to break the tied vote since that is part of his job. This is exactly what the point of the posts you were commenting on asked. This is poor writing. Its a blurb instead of a plot and frankly it again is not related in any way to another work while being a poster blurb without substance. That isn't what Alien and Aliens great either. What made the setting decent in Alien was the world building the prop guys went into to make it work, showing their discovery, their method of reproduction, and eventually they means of attack as monsters. Ash didn't hate the humans really, he was just programmed that his crew was less valuable than acquiring a Xenomorph subject as is stated in the movie. This is improved with the much more involved world building that James Cameron did for Aliens, the sequel. It went from a generic monster movie setup with barely enough information to make it different to any other to being now cemented in a setting that I honestly feel Cameron could have done without Ridley Scott's involvement. Something that seems all the more manifest with Scott's Prometheus mucking the pool.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The Quest doesn't say what the Board is in turmoil about, doesn't say why Frohd Bek, Chairmen of the Board wasn't there to break the tied vote since that is part of his job. This is exactly what the point of the posts you were commenting on asked. This is poor writing. Its a blurb instead of a plot and frankly it again is not related in any way to another work while being a poster blurb without substance. That isn't what Alien and Aliens great either. What made the setting decent in Alien was the world building the prop guys went into to make it work, showing their discovery, their method of reproduction, and eventually they means of attack as monsters. Ash didn't hate the humans really, he was just programmed that his crew was less valuable than acquiring a Xenomorph subject as is stated in the movie. This is improved with the much more involved world building that James Cameron did for Aliens, the sequel. It went from a generic monster movie setup with barely enough information to make it different to any other to being now cemented in a setting that I honestly feel Cameron could have done without Ridley Scott's involvement. Something that seems all the more manifest with Scott's Prometheus mucking the pool.

You commented of Frohd Bek, specifically on the Pluto fight potentially being his death.  This is why there's an open position, and why there's a deadlock potential at all.  On top of this, the open position is why Nef has the potential to be in the position that he is in.  I don't understand why this is a question, as you already outlined the facts.

Regarding the plot, really?  Let's cover what lore that Alien answered.  The Xenomorph came from somewhere, they may have piloted the ships, or they may have killed the pilots.  The Aliens don't do well against fire, have acid blood, and reproduce as a parasite. 

What lore did Aliens offer?  Well, the xeno has a colony structure and a queen responsible for reproduction.  They focused a lot on the action, but largely didn't care about the universe building outside of the humans.  Aliens developed Ripley, Newt, the marines, and the structure of humanity.

What is the parallel?  Well, knowing what the vote is on is like understanding that the xenomorph was produced by black goo from the engineers.  Did we need a bunch of tall albino aliens injected into the series to make the horror or action better for Alien/Aliens.  Arguably that bit of background did nothing to explain the xenomorphs.  It did nothing to change them.  Knowing what the issue was causing a deadlock is the exact same.  Let's say that the issue was how to develop Fortuna, and the vote was split between actively kicking out SU and making them an independent player who owed taxation to the Corpus board.  That's exactly as likely as altering the tax rates, or what project to focus research on to defend against the sentient threat.  Whatever the reason, what does it add to the story?

If you missed it, the point is that sometimes knowing what not to define is as important as knowing what matters.  Alien and Aliens did nothing to explore the roots of the xenomorph.  The xenomorph was the main plot motivation, but it was as likely to have been a bioweapon as it was a natural evolution.  The bit that mattered was not the origin, only that you had a dangerous killing machine on the loose, that needed dealing with.  Alien explored this as a horror, Aliens explored this as an action movie.  Prometheus made up the black goo, the engineers, a genocidal android, new pseudo-xenomorphs, and all the while stripped the horror from the xenomorph.

So, is this bad writing?  No.  For once how about we let imagination win out.  We demonstrably did not need to know the xenomorph's origins.  Heck, the inclusion of these origins basically retconned everything established by the comic books, and muddied the timeline because Ridley Scott wanted to make a creator/creation story.  After 30 years he decided that exploring the origins of the xenomorph mattered, despite the few people asking for that having already been served by the comic books multiple times over.

Is it better to know about the black goo, if you liked Alien and Aliens?  Does it provide additional framing for the xenomorphs?  Asking the same, we know why the Corpus have a deadlock.  Does knowing what they are voting on really provide us insight into Nef?  Arguably no.  Sometimes knowing that it does not matter, and can be left up to us because the conjecture serves to change nothing about the events, is better story telling.

To offer another parallel, let's cover Toy Story.  What makes the toys sentient?  What gives them life?  What is the source of energy that animates them, given that there is no metabolism?  You don't need these answers, and haven't for multiple movies.  Despite this, they go on adventures.  Would knowing that they are animated by animistic spirits, which are projections of sentient beings from a higher order dimension, be required to be good writing?  I would say billions of dollars worth of movie goers have said otherwise.

I haven't been a mindless supporter of DE for years.  That said, this was a good decision.  They knew enough to set the framing, without spending time on useless details.  That isn't them being lazy, that's them giving us motivation without bogging us down in minutia.  We signed on for a shooty-looty space ninja game, not a walking simulator. 

If you'd like to argue that not knowing everything makes a story bad then I'd suggest you start telling me why Star Wars was made better with the prequel movies.  Why was the remake of The Thing necessary, given the existence of the original?  Believe it or not, imagination is infinitely better than answering all of the questions when it comes to story telling.  This is why something like Rick and Morty has an insane amount of hand waving, and despite this they are viewed as well written.  Imagination and conjectures fill in any gaps.  If you'd argue against that, explain why the show starts as Rick returns to the family.  No definitions of why, conflicting story elements that people often explain without any input from the authors, and despite that people believe the universe is great and the story is fun.  This is coming from someone who appreciates that they can retcon the story with a deus ex machina at any time, but still enjoys the show.

• Like 2

Please fix the grafik bugs!!

5dgclfl5.jpg

oqgn8akd.jpg

snwierel.jpg

You see, there is nothing to see!!! All Lightseffekts are broken

I use a AMD Ryzen7 2700; Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming; 32 GB RAM; Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G

I think the system have enougth power!!

Edited by Thirty-Thirty
  • Like 1

The same problem here!!!

o7eyqadr.jpg

dbxpfcvw.jpg

ncwxddhl.jpg

I see no lighteffect. I don´t see Nullifier Globe.....

I use a AMD Ryzen7 2700X; Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming; 16 GB RAM; Gigabyte GTX 1080TI 8G

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

Edited by Cool_McCool
New Screenshots
  • Like 1
  • [DE]Megan locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic