Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9
THE STEEL PATH:

Teshin has an opportunity for Tenno who have proven themselves. Those who have completed the Solar Map will be invited to unlock THE STEEL PATH from Teshin in a future update.

The details of THE STEEL PATH are as follows. These are not complete Patch Notes. We wanted to give everyone a chance to review details on The Steel Path in a very simple Dev Workshop. Just over 1000 Tenno will be playing these changes over the weekend for practical feedback. 

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

If you have unlocked all missions in game can enter our Test Cluster Key Lottery here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203250-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery-2/

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

Wait... So the level through the entire hard mode is the same? Or is it still +100 levels on top of the mission original level but not hard + hardcore mode?

This details are not very detailed. D;

Hopefully, this allows for better options for leveling or challenges, instead of only focusing on Hydron and the likes or SO.

I REALLY hope that the rewards are exclusively cosmetics or just extra bonuses that helps slightly and aren't mandatory in the slightest.

1 minute ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Wait... So the level through the entire hard mode is the same? Or is it still +100 levels on top of the mission original level but not hard + hardcore mode?

This explains your question:

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The details of THE STEEL PATH are as follows. These are not complete Patch Notes. 

Только что, God_is_a_Cat_Girl сказал:

Yep, if there arent any changes in mechanics, this hard mode wont be as fun as we could expect :sad:

2 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

I take you start at ~100 and scales from there, instead of the idea they showed in devstream about choosing several points.

2 minutes ago, ChipsLight said:

I REALLY hope that the rewards are exclusively cosmetics or just extra bonuses that helps slightly and aren't mandatory in the slightest.

The notes say there's mastery involved. 

If they're not going to adjust resource drop rate, then mastery is the least they can add so the game mode is not dead on arrival. I myself will not use it at all when there are new things to farm as no resource/drop chance scaling makes The Steel Path objectively worse for progression.

Still, a step in the right direct so I can enjoy the tension of 1 hour Arbitration significantly sooner (When I'm not farming). Looking forward to this.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

If you have unlocked all missions in game can enter our Test Cluster Key Lottery here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203250-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery-2/

As someone from the previous test cluster, do I still need to post there the show that I'm active or will i get a key automatically? And will I need to redownload the test cluster launcher?

Will you have to go back and do the "hard mode" nodes in order, like you were starting the star chart from scratch?  Or will you be able to skip around and do, say, all the capture missions then all the exterminates, etc?

EDIT: FYI: The answer is the first one, it's a new star chart progression.

5 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

its likely just for the test going to be level 100 + the planet's node level, and they are not doing for the test level 50 + the nodes level.

Would be a good place to put the currently conclave exclusive skins. Just saying.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sad. Was really hoping that it would launch with a similar system to Diablo. Sadly that does not seem to be the case and first iterations can last years before they are iterated on again. Would love to see this expanded on rapidly with multiple tiers rather then launched and left with a single tier for an undefined amount of time.

Archived