Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

I'm gonna repeat myself, players with more posts on the forums should have been prioritized, because they are more likely to give more feedback. Most of the people in the test cluster thread have less than 10 posts or even no posts at all, it's unfair for those who actually participate in the forums.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

ave fighting has no basis on fighting the normal game enemies and lore wise, should but doesn't.

I agree and say as much but we aren't talking about that. We are talking about the lore connection and if Teshin is suited lore wise for this. As Teshin is about challenging the Tenno to improve their martial skill through challenging them, he makes perfect sense for this.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Gameplay mechanics aren't a unique IP, they are not the "game" without some setting or lore glue to bind them into it a wholesome center instead of playing any other game with the same mechanics. Consider them akin to Blox and Lego, without lore their isn't much to make them really different when they are mechanically the same.

They are also at their core gameplay mechanics. Things like revives didn't have lore for years and Specters just got lore in the last update but their presence in the game wasn't any less appreciated prior to that. Mods aren't explained in lore yet they are a core part of Warframe. Same with arcanes. Lore is important for creating a world yes, but it isn't the end all. Gameplay can exist without a lore justification just as lore can exist without a direct gameplay tie in.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Arbitration missions if you have run them and not failed, will often switch shortly after finishing in a standard rotation

They rotate once an hour and if you are in an arbitration and a new one starts while you are in it will skip that one for you. THis means your coldown is anywhere between nothing and an hour.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Part of the idea though is to be akin to the Sorties where a player is presented with a random selection of them to better 'challenge' players to adapt to them instead of picking only the survivals, which is what I for one would do.

Fine, but that isn't the goal of this update.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Literally no lore implications; hmm, lets draw from his previous attempt - the Conclave - and missing out his role in Scarlet Spear; literally what he should have been doing post War Within.

Literally you don't know one way or another.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Stressing your builds, delightful but honestly how many slightly different min-max builds, its hard to respect folk getting through on twists of gimmicks  or loading up on conditional mods. But away from being petty, yeah, bullet sponges aren't a challenge, and don't represent fun.

There is more then one way to play the game and a wide arsenal to tweak and play around with, as well as a number of potentially viable frame builds.People wanted the option to test these builds against higher level enemies in actual missions and DE is giving them that. It really isn't more complex then that. Maybe this content just isn't for you.

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

yeah, and that fragmenting remains a problem that the game has generally just made worse over the years. having 2, 3, 4 versions of the same Mission node is not the way to go about things, it makes everything feel like an island.
and adding Tiers on top of that? man i hope you like playing Solo, because that's what that would mean.

As I said, the nodes that are played now are done so because they serve a function. These functions would not change, people would just find the new most efficient version and migrate there.The fragmentation you are talking about wouldn't occur because realistically, we only play a handful of standard nodes anyways and these nodes are used for very specific reasons, where as the rest of the game, liches, kuva, arbitrations, sorties, nightmare missions, invasions, fissures would all remain unaffected.

Am 25.6.2020 um 19:45 schrieb --Q--FSK41:

Is that all you think about? Leveling? I don't think this mode is for you then. This is supposed to be a mode where you push your limits,try out your minmaxed builds etc. not leech affinity.I suppose Hydron is your desired location mate.

Condescending much? I use liches to level because leveling on Hydron is boring. Level 100 is hardly "pushing limits" anyway. And I wasn't talking about leeching affinity either. You can still kill enemies with that thing in your hands. It's called, uh, a weapon.

Just now, Johnny-Silverhand said:

How do you know ?

How do I know they were given out an hour ago? Because Reb said so in a live stream that just ended and people were joining.

And I know I didn't get one because I didn't receive an in-game E-mail with a key and insructions.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Avant Solace said:

Really hoping this allows us to get Conclave cosmetics and such. I can only imagine how much dust has piled up on the poor things...

Nope. Only cosmetic awards are planet trophies as per the recent stream.

3 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

As I said, the nodes that are played now are done so because they serve a function. These functions would not change, people would just find the new most efficient version and migrate there.The fragmentation you are talking about wouldn't occur because realistically, we only play a handful of standard nodes anyways and these nodes are used for very specific reasons, where as the rest of the game, liches, kuva, arbitrations, sorties, nightmare missions, invasions, fissures would all remain unaffected.

except you want every Mission to now have many versions, including those Missions that Players are playing. so whatever dozen Missions you want to say Players are playing, now each of those has 3, 4, 5, 12, 20 Tiers?

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

except you want every Mission to now have many versions, including those Missions that Players are playing. so whatever dozen Missions you want to say Players are playing, now each of those has 3, 4, 5, 12, 20 Tiers?

Yes, because there are only a handful of them the player base wouldn't be fragmented nearly enough to cause any real damage and people would figure out the best balance between difficulty and reward for specific items and begin to congregate there anyways. Hydron and useful nodes like it would remain populated even with the split and a lot of mission types that people spend most of their time doing aren't integrated in so they would be utterly unaffected. The playerbase would continue on like it is now, where there are a few nodes people congregate on to efficiently farm certain things and you will be lucky to find a squad in everything else. 

6 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Yes, because there are only a handful of them the player base wouldn't be fragmented nearly enough to cause any real damage

other than Matchmaking being pushed as hard as possible towards being a disaster even on Missions Players are playing, let alone not.
even with no 'Tiers' atm, between Squads that do or don't want to say, play an Endless Mission for a long period of time or not, already splits Players as it is.
it kinda explains itself to be not a great solution.

The thing I want the most from this is the ability to play fissure, nightmare, kuva, invasion, syndicate, etc missions in the Steel Path mode. I slack on cracking relics and rolling rivens constantly because dunking small crowds of low-level enemies just isn't that engaging. Having the option across the board to do the regular (fissure, nightmare, etc) mission for the reward or the Steel variant for that extra stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction would be ideal :satisfied:

Seeing bounties on today's preview stream was a good sign!

Archived