Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

As I suspected, the banal increase in the level of mobs by 100 and the addition of mods to the strengthen them, didn't particularly complicate the game (game mode). What Steel Path can do is just make some players farm for 2 hours (more or even less) rare mods to boost abilities and that's it, and again you just need to click one button on your keyboard or gamepad a few times. But, if the mobs were smarter, well, for example, one soldier as a bait, and others wait for the right time, and at a certain point ''hob'' and the player was confused by such a surprise.

I think what could potentially complicate the game (game mode) - is AI. But at the moment, the AI of mobs is completely invisible, since it can't on the move, that is, during the battle with players, come up with various tactics and strategies to defeat the players. Why, and more precisely than the game Dark Souls is difficult for most players? And the fact is that in this game you will never be able to accurately predict the course of mobs, bosses, that is, you will not be able to accurately predict the course of AI.

Scaling enemies up by 100 level is sufficient, not adding sortie modifiers to them just make them back into the bullet sponges that we recently had a overhaul patch to deal with.
People just want higher scaling enemies for hard mode difficulty not more gimmicks and modifiers that make most frames and weapons that aren't meta tier pointless to run

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but, change Conclave syndicate name to Teshin and have it gain standing from both conclave and steel path missions(set amount at end of mission). It'd make quite a few people happy.

So I didn't take part, I did watch several videos on it though. 

From what I saw:

1) Prune the tables. Those mods those us that cleared the chart and do hard stuff, we don't need more Redirect, Serration, and what not only  Get them out of there. We don't need them. I have 200-500+ of each of them.

2) CC removes hardmode buffs. Yes, yes, Death is the best CC. We've all heard it. But  I don't know about others, I love CC stuff.

3) Companion survability: I heard Ashiogi talk about making them flat invulnerable. I am good with that. Or do like I have seen in Champions Online where they take 80% less damage. I would love be able to just build my companions for utility and treat them more like a fun weapon. Maybe actually put the hunter set to actual use.

4) LONG hard look at Archwing. Maybe need to take it off the hardmode or something different. Every single video I watched all say Archwing was a tooth pull.

5) Get rid of Damage caps on bosses. I am looking at you Vey Hek and Kela De Thane. We are at the point  that we are at our peak performance. A Celing prevents that.

6) Mercy can open up at any health level rather than at  low health. It also ignores health and just straight out kills the enemy. Ultimate finisher.

7) End of Mission multipliers. No one I saw seem to talk about certain mission type rewards getting extra drops but for example, I do a lot of rescues because I am a heavy user of Specters to make up with what ever weakness my frame is having. Maybe have a special specter blue prints that give 10x amount crafted. 10 Cosmic, 30 Force, 50 phase, and 100 Vapor. Same goes with captures, the Omni ammos that no one ever uses or health things. 10x those so I have 10x more I will forget I have. (Honestly think everyone forgets about those because of the various squad deployables)

😎 Incursion bosses. Just so it adds a bit of extra "wow" have those AI warframes sometimes spawn just to shake things up. It only happens in squad mode and they can have the drop tables of the silver grove specters or  maybe the mods more unique events like The Acolytes.

9) Instead of health/shields/armor buffs, maybe give ENEMIES the buffs we often get from mod sets. Airborn ones can't be knock down, Kavats and Kubrows the Grineer have do 150% more damage to us if we have a slash proc on us, Infested all grow cysts that spawn maggots when they damage us. Or look into some of the weapon augments to sample from Weapons that reload faster, explode on contact, Life steal, Ricochet all over, Increase blast radius. YOu have a pleathera of stuff to take from there.

10) Most important thing: Flat buffs are not fun, I don't think anyways. uncontrolable invulnible phases are also not fun. But if we can control the invulniability some how (Maybe operator mode, Hit them with void damage and it opens them up. Or change their resistances like Profit taker). That... Makes this more interesting. I think. Its one of those things I think sound good on paper but may change in practice. But just simple increase to armor and shields. I mean, that just means in Corpus missions I am going in with Toxin and Grineer missions I am going in with armor strippers and I am being forced to meta.

Just some foods for thought.

On 2020-06-25 at 11:01 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What it isn’t:
- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.

Regardless of the intention, from the videos I've seen on it I'd have to agree you still need to improve the rewards a bit. IE: buff rotational rewards in this mode to give relevant amounts of credits/endo etc. Make relics you get in this mode radiant. 

If you don't want to go to the trouble of changing all the nodes rewards individually it seems like you could add some kind of currency multipliers as well as a change that automatically converts the relics to radiants at the very least. 

Am 25.6.2020 um 19:01 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9
THE STEEL PATH:

Teshin has an opportunity for Tenno who have proven themselves. Those who have completed the Solar Map will be invited to unlock THE STEEL PATH from Teshin in a future update.

The details of THE STEEL PATH are as follows. These are not complete Patch Notes. We wanted to give everyone a chance to review details on The Steel Path in a very simple Dev Workshop. Just over 1000 Tenno will be playing these changes over the weekend for practical feedback. 

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

If you have unlocked all missions in game can enter our Test Cluster Key Lottery here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203250-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery-2/

So Teshin gives you the task for the 100+ levels. Is there a possibility that we get Conclave Mods via the Steel Path Level? If so, I would´nt do it over normal enemy drops. I would prefer three designs, if that's really the case.
1. We get new enemies that appear randomly. You can compare them with the Nightwave enemies.
2. the mods drop in the boss fights within the junctions (100+). So they would get a new meaning, at the moment you only travel them once (Learn from the spirits). You can enter and fight them several times, but without real sense.
3. the third method is the method that works without coincidence. You get a new resource after each note, which you can either trade for Conclave reputation, or only for the mods.

No offense, but when I can access Hard Mode with Enemylevel 100/200+ ascending, I want to spawn Level 9999 Enemies in the simulacrum as compensation/preparation.

I am not going to make my "controlled environment" obsolete, it's the only way to finetune a weapon, before going "into the field".

All the time players boast of doing hours in Mot, and now suddenly Steel Path is too difficult?

Partners are not best players, so obviously most of them will have trouble in such levels and difficulties. If your build is based on those partners' videos, then you will have trouble too.

6 hours ago, Nazzami said:

Scaling enemies up by 100 level is sufficient, not adding sortie modifiers to them just make them back into the bullet sponges that we recently had a overhaul patch to deal with.

It is not. This mode is obviously not intended for you. Feedback on balancing was overwhelmingly positive.

5 hours ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

LONG hard look at Archwing. Maybe need to take it off the hardmode or something different. Every single video I watched all say Archwing was a tooth pull.

They are exaggerating. Corpus took 2 shoots to kill, Grineer 3-4. Some rare enemies may need 20. Of course that is with a Velocitus, so no status effects. I aborted my first try of the Jordas Golem, put Corrosive on my weapon, and finished the second try much faster than my first kill back in the day.

In my opinion, tiered isn't such a bad idea. Having 100% resource drop chance, 100% resource booster (or else I don't see a reason to play half the mission types), 100% mod drop chance, and a 100% credit booster(the only booster that shouldn't be given to the steel path is the affinity booster because of level increases), and start the lowest level mission at that added the 45 of Mot. Then if the tier is decided to be even harder, have 100%x2 of each and do it again, but instead of based on the previous 45, the 90 of Mot t2 would make the next 180. I think a rotating sortie modifier system for each planet, each day, as a start, would be good as well on the 91-180 one.

Also, adding a multiplier to any current awards to award it 2x or 4x wouldn't be horrible since I think it is well agreed that a 1,000 credit reward turning into 4,000 is pretty lackluster for a level 110 rotation reward.

54 minutes ago, Velitria said:

100% resource booster (or else I don't see a reason to play half the mission types)

This will never happen because of Kuva, and due to the fact Players can directly connect their Kuva gains and turn it into some serious Plat Profits (More Kuva doesn't guarantee "God Rolls", but it does make them more likely to occur with a 100+ Roller than for a 10 and Done Roller). "B-b-but, I'm taking on more Challenge! I DESERVE that potential Profit!". Pfft! Pleeeease. More like "But I know how to Cheese this EASILY Cheesable game more, so I deserve those easy Profits for being a master Exploiter!"

If you ever hear someone say "Rivens ruin(ed) everything", it's because of the direct items themselves, AND because of the secondary effects like this right here. (And I own and have sold many MANY Rivens, so this isn't a Salty Salmon who can't get the Goods here. This is someone who is profiting from the System, and KNOWS the system is absolutely terrible.)

23 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Halo style skull modifier type implementation is needed...they've done exactly as I thought they would. Bullet sponge and high damage😒fff-fa-fail!

Lol! I honestly would bet money this is going to blow up in de’s face and will be another thing the community just hates. Some will do it but guaranteed release day forums gonna be Normandy. Popcorn ready lol!  

23 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Halo style skull modifier type implementation is needed...they've done exactly as I thought they would. Bullet sponge and high damage😒fff-fa-fail!

Lol! I honestly would bet money this is going to blow up in de’s face and will be another thing the community just hates. Some will do it but guaranteed release day forums gonna be Normandy. Popcorn ready lol!  

3 hours ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

100% agree with you. I mean, unless they pull out a magic trick and completely overhaul the rewards system, it's going to be a complete dead failure.

Fissures and Arbitrations should be affected by Hard mode, which are some of the most popular and played modes either because you're farming prime sets/ducats or vitus essence, arcanes, endo and arbi mods.

I didn't see this in any of the feedback i've gathered from those who had a chance to play on the test server and it's really sad.

Also kuva rewards in kuva survival and disruption should scale a bit to match the difficulty.

Some unique armor sets and syandanas should be added too in the rewards pool, not just ship decorations or emoticons ( what the f..k ?!?!? )

6 hours ago, Nez-Kal said:

This will never happen because of Kuva, and due to the fact Players can directly connect their Kuva gains and turn it into some serious Plat Profits (More Kuva doesn't guarantee "God Rolls", but it does make them more likely to occur with a 100+ Roller than for a 10 and Done Roller). "B-b-but, I'm taking on more Challenge! I DESERVE that potential Profit!". Pfft! Pleeeease. More like "But I know how to Cheese this EASILY Cheesable game more, so I deserve those easy Profits for being a master Exploiter!"

If you ever hear someone say "Rivens ruin(ed) everything", it's because of the direct items themselves, AND because of the secondary effects like this right here. (And I own and have sold many MANY Rivens, so this isn't a Salty Salmon who can't get the Goods here. This is someone who is profiting from the System, and KNOWS the system is absolutely terrible.)

Kuva not scaling will make most people flat out ignore Kuva Survival and Kuva Disruption in hard mode in favor of normal mode.

If your argument is Riven profits if Kuva is scaled or boosted, then make rolled Rivens non-tradable. Problem solved. That way you can't make plat out of Kuva by increasing your chances of rolling something as said roll will only be able to be used by you.

And if that sounds extreme, then what if hard mode Kuva nodes award "Refined Kuva"? Refined Kuva lets you roll a Riven at half the normal Kuva requirement, but if you do, you can't trade that Riven anymore. That way there is no increase in Kuva for dealers, they keep trading rolled Rivens, but they can't profit of Hard mode Kuva as using said Kuva is an opt-in choice.

There are multiple solutions to the problem you highlight. Punishing players who want to roll their own Rivens because of a Riven trading mafia is not the way to go.

I had ideas about atleast using it to crack relics in hard mode survival or interception since the efficiency would be about the same as normal, then I see fissures wont be part of it. So now it will really just be a once-and-done run for mastery and nothing else since everything will just be slower and less rewarding.

Oh well...

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Kuva not scaling will make most people flat out ignore Kuva Survival and Kuva Disruption in hard mode in favor of normal mode.

If your argument is Riven profits if Kuva is scaled or boosted, then make rolled Rivens non-tradable. Problem solved. That way you can't make plat out of Kuva by increasing your chances of rolling something as said roll will only be able to be used by you.

And if that sounds extreme, then what if hard mode Kuva nodes award "Refined Kuva"? Refined Kuva lets you roll a Riven at half the normal Kuva requirement, but if you do, you can't trade that Riven anymore. That way there is no increase in Kuva for dealers, they keep trading rolled Rivens, but they can't profit of Hard mode Kuva as using said Kuva is an opt-in choice.

There are multiple solutions to the problem you highlight. Punishing players who want to roll their own Rivens because of a Riven trading mafia is not the way to go.

And there you go, suggesting actual ideas to deal with the Problem at hand. My personal fear though is that DE will not touch the Riven Market in such an extreme way because they're actually afraid of it still. They seem to be taking baby steps to slowly alter it, and deal with it's more major issues (all wrapped up in one REALLY major issue) one at a time, but I can't see them laying down the hammer for the betterment of the rest of the Community. (I was a happy clam when they announced the Minimum Disposition for New Weapons. That....well, "sorta" solved a very toxic part of the Market.)

(Also, I had a similar idea to the Refined Kuva, but as a Riven Roll Token System instead. A Token taking the cost of the entire roll, no matter the cost, but locking the Riven into a single Player use afterwards.)

49 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Why does everyone want conclave faction without having to earn it.

All these PvE activities that everyone wants to give Conclave faction are missing one thing that would qualify them: being PvP. Once they have that added in, then sure!

Because PvP in Warframe is, just, the absolute worse, and there's about 16 to 20 "Conclave Gods" who control the system, and entering into a match with one of them (And seeing as they're the only ones more or less online, you're going to constantly be in a match with at least one of them) is an absolute nightmare and just leaves you feeling like garbage because all your other gaming PvP skills don't seem to matter sh*t here.

Archived