[DE]Rebecca

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

Posted (edited)

Finally, Teshin has resurfaced.

Edited by RamonLeeYJ
  • Like 58

If this has Teshin in it, are there talks of it giving some kind of standing for use in conclave offerings? Or maybe shifting the "conclave" offerings to "Teshin" offerings so players can earn standing for them in either Steel Path or Conclave?

• Like 71

1 минуту назад, Go-GoDaddyLimbo313 сказал:

Teshin is giving up on the conclave?

Nope, he just wants us to suffer not only in conclave, i am sure

• Like 27

Posted (edited)

Will this affect every planet in the Origin System? "Planets" like the Void and Derelict will have this higher difficulty system? If so will we have a new set of keys to enter the Derelict?

Edited by BossPontes888
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

Wait... So the level through the entire hard mode is the same? Or is it still +100 levels on top of the mission original level but not hard + hardcore mode?

This details are not very detailed. D;

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Hopefully, this allows for better options for leveling or challenges, instead of only focusing on Hydron and the likes or SO.

I REALLY hope that the rewards are exclusively cosmetics or just extra bonuses that helps slightly and aren't mandatory in the slightest.

Edited by ChipsLight
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

Can we get additional loot in the hard mode too? We've been asking for scaling rewards forever, so this would be a good opportunity for players to have a way to get their loot faster by having more of an immediate challenge.

Edited by (PS4)thefallenloser
  • Like 20

1 minute ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Wait... So the level through the entire hard mode is the same? Or is it still +100 levels on top of the mission original level but not hard + hardcore mode?

This explains your question:

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The details of THE STEEL PATH are as follows. These are not complete Patch Notes. 

• Like 4

Только что, God_is_a_Cat_Girl сказал:

Yep, if there arent any changes in mechanics, this hard mode wont be as fun as we could expect :sad:

• Like 5

Oh! Hello Teshin. And I was thinking just last night "man, Teshin has a lot of great assets and his lore's not bad either, I hope DE finds a better use for him" glad to see he won't be so lonely anymore

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

I take you start at ~100 and scales from there, instead of the idea they showed in devstream about choosing several points.

• Like 3

Man, it said the thread would be unlocked after an hour. It unlocked at like 54/55 minutes. I WAS A TAD BIT LATE! Seriously though...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Teshin has an opportunity for Tenno who have proven themselves.

We've never forgotten you, Space Dad.

• Like 4

Very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how this will be implemented in the final game. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChipsLight said:

I REALLY hope that the rewards are exclusively cosmetics or just extra bonuses that helps slightly and aren't mandatory in the slightest.

The notes say there's mastery involved. 

If they're not going to adjust resource drop rate, then mastery is the least they can add so the game mode is not dead on arrival. I myself will not use it at all when there are new things to farm as no resource/drop chance scaling makes The Steel Path objectively worse for progression.

Still, a step in the right direct so I can enjoy the tension of 1 hour Arbitration significantly sooner (When I'm not farming). Looking forward to this.

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

If you have unlocked all missions in game can enter our Test Cluster Key Lottery here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203250-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery-2/

As someone from the previous test cluster, do I still need to post there the show that I'm active or will i get a key automatically? And will I need to redownload the test cluster launcher?

Posted (edited)

Will you have to go back and do the "hard mode" nodes in order, like you were starting the star chart from scratch?  Or will you be able to skip around and do, say, all the capture missions then all the exterminates, etc?

EDIT: FYI: The answer is the first one, it's a new star chart progression.

Edited by Buff00n
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

its likely just for the test going to be level 100 + the planet's node level, and they are not doing for the test level 50 + the nodes level.

• Like 1

Can we make it 200 levels over base mission difficulty.. 100 isn’t enough at all.

• Like 14

Would be a good place to put the currently conclave exclusive skins. Just saying.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

Sad. Was really hoping that it would launch with a similar system to Diablo. Sadly that does not seem to be the case and first iterations can last years before they are iterated on again. Would love to see this expanded on rapidly with multiple tiers rather then launched and left with a single tier for an undefined amount of time.

• Like 7

PUPALM. Tread upon THE STEEL PATH to steel yourself.