Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

Saw it on stream. Probably I'll complete it in a day and never touch it ever again. Leveling up stuff it's still safer and better in ESO imo, or normal SO for frames. Yeah, I know, more affinity in the steel path for level 0 frames right? 

On paper is like that, but SO is guaranteed to have people there for that reason ( which is probably the same end this mode is going to get to ).

Bring back the Scarlet Spear, despite people complaints on the first release it is THE BEST playable content released so far for veteran players. Rewards where calibrated perfectly, both ground and space missions where fun. Unless this new mode can stand its ground with SSpear ( when it will be released ), I'm not interested.

What can I say about the Steel path is of course cool. Since this is new content but it will quickly get boring. High levels and lots of mobs are great but players need motivation to play on the steel path. For example, add new awards as in arbitration. Because the usual rewards from low-level missions should not be on the Steel path it will not be interesting you need motivation. But I can say that when I stood for survival it was difficult but playable. Defense missions are very long if you stand alone and mobs very much damage the object. Espionage missions are quite simple. Intercept missions can't stand alone with too many mobs. Bugs I noticed only 2:1 this is a bug with the operator when you go to the operator the warframe should be invulnerable but this does not happen and you return to the warframe and then die fix it. Also with sometimes indulge bosses bosses bugs, and do not want to go to the next stage examples of bosses Councilor Vay Hek, Jackal. Please fix it.

Just now, --END--MathisSolly said:

As long as they finally release Zephyr Deluxe, I'm happy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't find the test branch subforum so posting here:

Level-wise, 100+ enemies are fine and challenging enough compared to the rest of the game.

Rewards-wise, feels like a waste of time unless one gains conclave standing from this. As a veteran player pocket change and materials I already have a bajillion of are not rewards that I would like to bother with. Please make it feel worthwhile with rewards that are otherwise difficult to obtain.

Nothing else to report other than the second earth node not registering as completed, despite having finished it.

2 hours ago, kineticharvest said:

I can't find the test branch subforum so posting here:

since I was a bit underwhelmed by this and got confused, why I couldn't enter the plains directly after going to cetus and entering them manually (the enemys stil have same lvl and the plains didn't unlock for whatever reason).. after seeing, that this hard mode doesn't count for any railjack stuff at all, where it would make the most sense to have resourcedrop- and moddropbooster.. just looked at it for 30 min and thought to myself : wow.. now this is it, huh ?

Seen the rewards from a stream on twitch... got to say, not impressed... in other words, not worth it for such content...

So yes we understand that this will be good for the players who want to shave off multiple hours of gameplay just to try and get a chance of fighting harder enemies. That's great and all, but how does getting Emotes and or Decorations represent the time spent into completing a planets mission nodes... not very much if I'm going to be brutally honest.

Firstly we need to generalize that the current rewards that are in hard mode (including from drops) are sub par at best, and in my opinion are not worth the time if there is going to be a hard mode at all. So we need to give D.E some idea's on what should be offered not just from the drop tables but also for completing the planet in question.

Some ideas may be:

-New Armor Sets or parts that look appealing and new to the game not re-skins of existing armor.

-New Syandanas that look appealing and new to the game not re-skins of existing ones.

-Umbral Forma Because currently this forma is only tied to Nightwave making it worth the time to actually grind them out in hard mode missions (however the drop chance for this cannot be too ludicrously low it has to be more then 2% for a rare drop) would be nice since there is a portion of the community that doesn't enjoy Nightwave.

-The Previously Mentioned Alternate Prime Helmets. As it stands currently, the only primed frame that has an Alt. Prime Helmet is Mesa, this would be a great opportunity to include them here as we can then farm new primed helmets for our favorite primes.

-Operator Cosmetics are also welcome.

-Arcanes. This would be mainly for those who have yet to complete their Arcane sets. We can have arcane drops added to rotations (however the drop chance for this cannot be too ludicrously low it has to be more then 2% for a rare drop) this would give an alternative to farming Tridolons and what not for example,(however Exodias and similar Arcanes remain within the boundaries of Cetus and Fortuna) the only other alt. for this one was whatever Scarlet Spear was a couple of months ago.

Not gonna lie I was super stoked for this game mode but when I found out that we would only be getting only Statues and Emotes as rewards for completing a planet in Hard mode I was extremely disappointed, making me feel like it is not worth the time to play.

I want harder content for the game yes, but that harder content has to be backed up by rewards that are worth the hard grind in the new mode.

A few words about the steel path. 

1. Archwing. This missions is too difficult. I can complite this mission on Earth only flying circles from enemies during defense. Maybe do not include Arch mission on steel path ?

2. Rewards. 1100 credits and 40 endo not a reward! The only reason worth completing missions "Steel Path" is to get a trophy. Mod and Resource Chance Drop boost too minor 

compared to increasing difficulty. I think so you will not get more than 1 complete the missions.

3. I think it’s necessary to adjust the difficulty level separately for solo and for squads. On test server it caused great difficulties on some mission.

4. More Teshin voiceline needet right now !!!) (on mission replace Lotus voiceline)

Thanks for a test !!!

P.s. I hope rewards will not be replace 

If this is going to be all the regular nodes but harder, can we also get the ability to redo all the junctions and quests but harder too? I imagine some of the quests would get a littlw ridiculous when 100 levels have been added but that would be awesome

So I saw on Brozimes video that hardmode also doubles enemy health, armor and shields. Doesn’t that modifier completely destroy hardmodes purpose as a Simulcrum replacement for fighting higher levels as it artificially increases the difficulty further in a way that’s unique only to that mode. So it doesn’t represent how an actual level 100+ enemy would be?

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So I saw on Brozimes video that hardmode also doubles enemy health, armor and shields. Doesn’t that modifier completely destroy hardmodes purpose as a Simulcrum replacement for fighting higher levels as it artificially increases the difficulty further in a way that’s unique only to that mode. So it doesn’t represent how an actual level 100+ enemy would be?

Same here, good vid. He also addresses the issues with Archwing missions, lack of loot versus time invested, and other potential problems for those who might be interested. He also has some good insights to fix a majority of them as well. Whether DE listens to actual feed back from everyone, or just a select few peeps... Well, that remains to be seen.

Considering what I've seen in his vid so far, I think I'll hold off on that mode for awhile.

6 minutes ago, Old_Fogie said:

Same here, good vid. He also addresses the issues with Archwing missions, lack of loot versus time invested, and other potential problems for those who might be interested. He also has some good insights to fix a majority of them as well. Whether DE listens to actual feed back from everyone, or just a select few peeps... Well, that remains to be seen.

Considering what I've seen in his vid so far, I think I'll hold off on that mode for awhile.

Oh same here. I was looking forward to hardmode, but learning that they’re adding additional modifiers to it is a massive turn off. It was supposed to be a Simulcrum alternative and now that’s ruined and the rewards definitely don’t properly reflect the enemy difficulty anymore.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh same here. I was looking forward to hardmode, but learning that they’re adding additional modifiers to it is a massive turn off. It was supposed to be a Simulcrum alternative and now that’s ruined and the rewards definitely don’t properly reflect the enemy difficulty anymore.

Yeah, hearing about the extra modifiers has kind of taken the wind out of my sails.  I was mostly interested in Steel Path for making it fun and somewhat rewarding to go back to those lower level tilesets.  You know, being able to fight things on Earth or Mars without making them evaporate, and without having to deal with a Lich or something to do it.  Enemies starting at level 100 made that sound really feasible and reasonably challenging for someone like me.  Level 100+ with the extra modifiers... not so much.  Hopefully there's a band of players between the casual players and the "nothing can or ever will be a challenge" veterans who will fit in this Goldilocks zone of challenge.

I really feel the modifiers need to be player choice. The division has directives that are my choice to play with. The problem with warframe isn’t difficulty it’s that nothing is fun but still challenging or hard but rewarding. This is neither of those scenarios. I don’t enjoy profit taker because spawns and invulnerability are troll mechanics same with eidolons. Not saying it can’t be hard but when we die we should know what we did wrong and be able to have fun on our way to victory. End the troll mechanics de. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

I really feel the modifiers need to be player choice. The division has directives that are my choice to play with. The problem with warframe isn’t difficulty it’s that nothing is fun but still challenging or hard but rewarding. This is neither of those scenarios. I don’t enjoy profit taker because spawns and invulnerability are troll mechanics same with eidolons. Not saying it can’t be hard but when we die we should know what we did wrong and be able to have fun on our way to victory. End the troll mechanics de. 

Halo style skull modifier type implementation is needed...they've done exactly as I thought they would. Bullet sponge and high damage😒fff-fa-fail!

I don't have access to the The Steel Path forum, so posting here:

This is a theorycraft post.
I have no first-hand experience with TSP, my basis is RocketPunch's vids (12) and Brozime's vid.

Disclaimer given. Onwards.

Assuming TSP launches with x2 HP, sortie armor, sortie shields, as it is currently on the test cluster:
Expect to see a deluge of Nyx, followed by Mag, then probably Hildryn, Ash and Octavia.
Possibly Revenant. Not sure how many people actually use him.

With the huge increase in enemy eHP, you're severely limiting 'viable' choices.
(This is an observation, no judgement as to whether that'd good or bad.)
And as long as CC is irrelevant to mission (or farming) progress, the aim will always be to kill ASAP.

So, from a min-max perspective:
Both these frames can easily strip 100% enemy armor, as well as removing shields.
Nyx can also isolate Ancients. To a lesser degree, so can anyone who can proc Rad easily or in AoE.
On top of that, Nyx has Assimilate and Mag has (shield-gating and) Magnetize.

Hildryn, to a lesser degree, can strip armor, CC with Blazing Pillage and put shield-gating to very good use.

Revenant has a layered 'I don't care how much damage that just did' defense, and - for a hefty energy cost - a 100% HP damage ability.
Downside is it's slower to set up and it's not AoE.
Similarly, any frame that can set up finishers, bonus if they have a defensive ability - it kills, but it's slow.
Which brings us to Ash - invis, armor strip, finishers.

Octavia's got permanent invisibility and scaling damage (it's blast though, and no armor strip), so she's a probable no-brainer.

Also, expect (even more) proliferation of forced slash procs, CO/slash melees... and people actually using Toxin against Corpus... Which completely makes their boosted shields moot.

Am 27.6.2020 um 18:32 schrieb IGN_Maverick:

Saw it on stream. Probably I'll complete it in a day and never touch it ever again. Leveling up stuff it's still safer and better in ESO imo, or normal SO for frames. Yeah, I know, more affinity in the steel path for level 0 frames right? 

On paper is like that, but SO is guaranteed to have people there for that reason ( which is probably the same end this mode is going to get to ).

Bring back the Scarlet Spear, despite people complaints on the first release it is THE BEST playable content released so far for veteran players. Rewards where calibrated perfectly, both ground and space missions where fun. Unless this new mode can stand its ground with SSpear ( when it will be released ), I'm not interested.

Why would i grind Scarlet Spear again when i allready have all rewards?

Archived