THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Nope because of the 1 guy that's going to complain.

But they could add the conclave cosmetics. jack nicholson yes GIF

Conclave needs some form of expanded accessibility. Multiple optional bridges to its island of content so to speak. Wether it be by direct access (PvP), Steel Path or just straight plat. And with any business model, anything that brings in any stream of income with minimal investment is always a good thing.

Edited by (PS4)Pragmatic_2015
  • Like 2

The store and adding an rng element needs to be cut completely. The transactional nature of this game is killing my desire to turn it on. When is rng and it’s overuse in this game going to go away it’s not fun to do the same thing over and over and over again for the same ol thing and pointless cosmetics. I love protea and her quest but her farm was egregious. The constant use of rng is sours every accomplishment because we never really win we win when rng says we do. 

• Like 4

From what I`m hearing from some people that have played it, they are not enjoying it, I want to give some ideas to improve this.

·       Give players the ability to choose the enemy level you want to play at like the simulacrum. You start from the original level from the planet then increase the level from there. This feature is available if you are playing solo or if you are playing on invite only however it won`t work on public mode.

·        This should be integrated into other missions like syndicates, kuva liches, fissures, quests, alerts, kuva syphons, invasion missions etc and again the level starts from the mission’s max level as the minimum.

Pros;

·       This will help out new players a lot, they can use this as a milestone for progression to get a feel for the game and it`s mechanics and when they are happy, they can keep moving up levels until they can handle high-level missions.

·       It is another alternative to test out weapons and warframe builds besides the simulacrum and it`s much better for the fact that the encounters of the enemies is real and unpredictable plus it will address the issue with what scot had with ppl keep using the simulacrum (even through it was a stupid issue).

·       You can enjoy playing you favourite missions and have a challenge at the same time at your own pace and at you chosen level.

Rewards

·       Weapon skins

·       Orbiter stencil visually inspired from planets

·       More ornaments (better looking ones)

·       More Operator cosmetics visually inspired from planets.

·       Armour pieces and syandanas visually inspired from planets that has a glow when preforming a certain action (similar to syndicates). Getting multiple of these will intensify the glow effect.

·       Universal medallions (including conclave)

Game mode rewards

·       Syndicate missions drops a 9th medallion that’s worth 20,000 and complicating it gives you extra standing.

·       Fissures will drop double void traces.

·       Kuva siphons/litches drop double kuva.

·       Invasion missions have a 50% chance to offer another rare mod.

Unique add-ons

Every time you complete missions that is level 50+, Teshin will show up challenging to for a fight. The mechanics for Teshin will make fighting him be like a one on one fight, if you get downed, he will disappear.

If you defeat him, he has a chance to drop;

·       A x4 resource, infinity and a drop booster that can be used in the next mission (any) you play on.

·       A duel katana melee weapon. Each time you get this weapon it will increase its crit chance, crit damage and status chance by 2% (to a max of 20% 10 times)

·       Armour pieces that can be used on warframes and operators.

·       An ephemera where every time you get it will increase the intensity of its glow.

·       A booster that can either give your chosen warframe either 300% power strength, duration or range. This can be used on a warframe in the next mission you select (very low drop chance).

·       Gives you 10 of the planet`s rarest resource.

If these ideas were to be implemented, this will drastically improve this mode if it`s not implemented reward driven players (like myself) will only play it for the rewards (operator outfit) and will never touch this mode again which is something you don`t want DE so you need to buck up your ideas, literally.

• Like 1

@(PS4)Vexx757

You've got good ideas however I am not fond of ressource rewards as long as you can get already those huge amounts only by playing with a ressource booster a smeeta and wisely. Kuva lich hunts are still killing the kuva flood missions with this egregious quantity of kuvas you can have playing cleverly. Same for the rarest ressource on each planet and void traces.

What it is:

A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:

- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.

I feel like this is a Discrepancy simply because Affinity Gaining and Mod Drop Rates are so bad in the main game that Hard Mode is just going to be used to aquire those things any way...

I mean Just look at Endo... Its literally in almost everysingle type of Content in Warframe... I swear I get some of my Endo from Eidolon Hunts, however because the Quantity is so tiny and inconsistent You effectively only have two Spots for farming Endo, Vodyanoi (Which needs an RNG Booster) and Arbitrations (Which is an entirely different can of Worms)... 

What you get for Hard mode needs to be Revised to make it feel like its not something new players need to rush through the Star Chart the star chart just to get a decent source of Affinity Farming to level up their Junk., Players are already rushing to Arbitations and Vodyanoi just to get endo and from my experience in Recruit chat These Farming squads are not Populated by high MR players who do that content because they enjoy it... its populated by Mid MR Players who need what is being offered by those modes. Arbitrations wouldnt have to be revisited it it didnt have so much endo because not as many players would be complaining about it to care about how annoying it was...

until De adds conclave afinity or something worth doing it over and over and over i am not going to bother whit hard mode, i have all the endo i need

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

i don´t think steel path will be too hard, but bullet spongy enemies doesn´t make a lot of fun,
i would like to get many really nasty enemies at once, a bunch of maniacs shows up around the player, mixed large groups of nullifiers with indestructible nullifier fields, Amalgams, Kuva guards, much more Grineer units with heavy shields, Sentients, Sedna Arena enemies and groups of different prosecuters, health leeching, armor stripping Viral slash and toxin proccing monstertrucks you know? it would be nice if random Liches appaer with a bunch of comrades to fight you too and random sortie punishments like enemies deal more puncture in this mission and have high res against it or CC´s only cc 10 enemies max, time limit? that would at least need skill, requieres more teamplay and needs preperation and damn i would be so much fun...
sure, many players can handle it easily, but they will start to sweat 🙂
and of course all these Enemy types already exist
so instead of 10 magazines instead of 1, you have to learn to adapt, thats what warframe is all about and thats hardmode at least for me

Edited by linn4you
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Increasing how long it takes to kill a single enemy when you're fighting huge mobs,forced to play only a small handful of frames isn't all that appealing. Hardly difficult to shoot a wall of meat longer.  It's tedious,boring,and it's more work than actual fun.   Armor should have its limit. I get you don't want people to steamroll with saryn but not everyone here only plays saryn. There are more than 20 playable frames in the game.    If you push out a "hard mode" that's just meat shield mode then you're severely limiting what players can use.

I have some true and tested difficulty examples that have worked in other games and have for years:

Faster enemies and faster attacks. This has been a staple in doom difficulties for years.
Higher spawns of stronger units and or higher tiered enemies so more gunners,nullifiers,and hyenas etc.
More frequent stronger attacks - example: more grenades thrown,more rockets fired,quicker nullifier regeneration,more tethers from ospreys.
Higher enemy spawn - with faster enemies they'll move much faster from their spawn zone.

Warframe has a incredibly high play ceiling,conclave is an example of that.    Conclave may be terrible but it showcases how high the skill ceiling can go using the mobility in warframe.
Having to use similar mobility to fight very fast enemies sounds so much more appealing than shoot a wall of meat for minutes on end each.

my post in site feedback about:

Edited by wizardeiges
  • Like 2

Hard mode a.k.a (Attrition mode) just raise enemy hp with blanket>lazy sensibilities!?

All above mentions are right on the money. Its takes more than spongieness to label something hard. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

Faster enemies and faster attacks. This has been a staple in doom difficulties for years.
Higher spawns of stronger units and or higher tiered enemies so more gunners,nullifiers,and hyenas etc.
More frequent stronger attacks - example: more grenades thrown,more rockets fired,quicker nullifier regeneration,more tethers from ospreys.
Higher enemy spawn - with faster enemies they'll move much faster from their spawn zone.

Theres alot of things i can handle.... But i wont Tolerate more Nullifiers. 

Havent we had enough of our Toys taken away through nerfs ? 😞

• Like 1

Conclave needs Specter (Bot) support. Having so little players, you get uneven match ups. I would totally play it more and if it were populated. You might need to fake it until you make it for this.

• Like 1
Il y a 3 heures, Lutesque a dit :

Havent we had enough of our Toys taken away through nerfs ? 😞

Not really if you think about it. 😕 

Not gonna ask for more nerfs tho. 😛 

(Other than, possibly some LOS stuff, but thats a topic for something else entirely).