Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

I can tell you already, unless your a completionist, "rewards" for this new "hard mode" is in no way incentive for me to try this new mode out, now maybe higher level arcanes for the rewards, then maybe your talking but for emotes, ship decor and mastery, no thanks:)

"We were led astray: we forgot what hard missions felt like, so when the Bullet Sponges came, we were not prepared. this is how we failed ourselves. you went into level 5 missions, but not me. I searched the long path of Sortie 3's for Redemption; for the kind of balance only The Steel Path can create. now I return, only to find the Tenno herded into their meta builds on low levels. Horrors from beyond the Outer Terminus are coming. you must prepare. you must accept The Steel Path, let it be your teacher, and I it's humble guide, for true balance can only be found by fighting the ultimate enemy, Level 100 Nox Eximus units."

Spoiler

jokes aside, I'm glad Teshin is going to get some screentime again. can we officially delete the long-dead Conclave now please DE? it's rewards and it's NPC are in the main game now, let's wipe the slate clean.

Il y a 5 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.

could we get valuable rewards? decorations are useless in game content, is it possible to get rewards to improve our playstile? like rivens or augments only for players who beats a condition, obviously with some RNG involved.

Il y a 5 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

hope not, since u can get lv 100 enemies if u play lv 5 lich missions.

Would love to volunteer for the test cluster, but don't have the time this weekend.  

---  

Question:  
Is this a modifier for existing nodes, or exclusive nodes?  

I.e.
Can I apply TSP to a Kuva Siphon (or even to a Flood) to bump up the mission level?
Or to a Lith Fissure?

Or is it effectively a second, stand-alone, higher level vanilla start chart?
(Not that I'm complaining even if that's 'all' it is - it'd still get me to higher level enemies without the 45+ minutes of ramp-up (or 2ish hours of Lich buildup for a limited # of missions).)

Hopefully this isn't just scaling the enemy levels up, and that there will actually be more engaging ways to fight enemies, instead of the tedious and dull bullet sponge "difficulty" seen in the game so far. Bonus points if it takes more skill than a nuke ability to effortlessly kill anything

It would be nice to introduce a "deadly" mode (impossibility of using mods, operator, weapons, without recoveries, 1 life and minimum enemy level 10000) in which non-marketable platinum is obtained as a reward, but if the mission is not completed which will have a fixed minimum duration of 2 hours, you will lose a random percentage of the platinum you have, while if you don't have platinum, you will lose MR. This, in my opinion, would be a real adrenaline challenge, the rest are just words.

i certainly hope that this does infact adjust those Reward Pools to filter out the non-rewards, though.
in addition to Cosmetics and Et Cetera.

6 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Sad. Was really hoping that it would launch with a similar system to Diablo. Sadly that does not seem to be the case and first iterations can last years before they are iterated on again. Would love to see this expanded on rapidly with multiple tiers rather then launched and left with a single tier for an undefined amount of time.

Matchmaking is very important to a lot of game types, while Diablo works as a Solo with Leaderboards game, Warframe is definitely more suited to having functional Matchmaking.
having 2802685 Tiers of the game would mean Warframe would just be a Solo game.

I imagine Teshin got either annoyed standing all alone on cold mountain in snow inside a relay since no one visited the conclave... or because no one visited, he couldn't pay the rent for that room and got kicked out 😐 Poor guy

Looking forward to trying this out, I enjoy going back to the earlier tilesets with the difficulty cranked from lich encounters so this will be a welcome mode.

Really hoping we get Teshin as our handler for these missions, for how important of a character he is he really needs more screen time

5 hours ago, Samhel said:

decorations? wait wait wait, you literally give players who are playing the game with the intention of becoming immensely powerful with their builds decorations? atleast give us either cosmetics or new versions of mods like the primed or amalgam mods or something, or arcanes or idk, but why decorations? and emotes?

This is end of the road content, highest power levels available in natural play. It's not there to be a stepping stone to something else. Like the post says, this isn't an endgame system, just a big number puddle to splash around in.

Put in the simplest possible terms: what on earth would you expect at the highest eshalon of power in the game... if not an alternative to power???

If there's anything related to gameplay dropping here, I'd want it to be something that puts an odd twist on how I play rather than push the bar for power even higher to no meaningful end.

hace 9 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9
THE STEEL PATH:

Teshin has an opportunity for Tenno who have proven themselves. Those who have completed the Solar Map will be invited to unlock THE STEEL PATH from Teshin in a future update.

The details of THE STEEL PATH are as follows. These are not complete Patch Notes. We wanted to give everyone a chance to review details on The Steel Path in a very simple Dev Workshop. Just over 1000 Tenno will be playing these changes over the weekend for practical feedback. 

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

If you have unlocked all missions in game can enter our Test Cluster Key Lottery here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203250-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery-2/

Teshin was tired of no one playing conclave xd.

Archived