Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Weapon Build

Houston980

Question

For Saryn these are the weapons I'm thinking of getting

Primary-Soma

Secondary-Twin Gremlins (Not too sure)

Melee-Orthos prime (Not too sure)

I'm planing to use Saryns poison melee skill too.I'm not too sure if Twin Gremlins and Orthos Prime is a good choice,I'm pretty sure i'm gonna use the Soma though.Any suggestions,If you have a suggestion make sure the weapon you suggest is mastery rank 3 or under.All help appreciated.

20 answers to this question

First suggestion? Don't use Contagion at all. It is a fairly useless skill.

Twin Gremlins are great. Anything full auto, or a shotgun, is great for popping Venom spores since you generally don't have time to use perfect aim when using it to take out a large group.

First suggestion? Don't use Contagion at all. It is a fairly useless skill.

Twin Gremlins are great. Anything full auto, or a shotgun, is great for popping Venom spores since you generally don't have time to use perfect aim when using it to take out a large group.

You have no right to claim a skill is useless for another person. No one does. What you may find useless others may find extremely useful in their playstyle. I know Nekros that use Terrify and I've completely abandoned the skill, for example.

As for suggestions, the setup looks rather nice so far. Aside from Contagion what other skills are you going to use? Like the above, Gremlins and other rapid-firing weapons with auto are nice for popping the Venom spore. If you use Molt, I'd recommend putting reach and/or melee damage improvement mods on the Orthos so that attracted crowds will be more easily mowed down.

You don't need to skip a skill on Saryn. Even Contagion is "fun" especially with Dual Ichor and lots of crit chance/damage. Soma and Boltor are both IMO the best of the "easily accessible" weapons a la blueprints/materials.  But Decoy is honestly a GREAT skill, I wouldn't pass on it.  Honestly all her skills are great.

for saryn, i like to have a shotgun type weapon for popping the spores, and they just tend to be useful at close range. keep in mind saryn is a very close range oriented frame. even her AoE ult, miasma i think its called, still has a short range. i think the soma is best fit for a frame a little more inclination towards range. try putting a nice shotgun on her and see how you like it, then use your gremlins for "ranged" combat. im a very gun oriented player, so i cant say much for melee, but orthos has the highest base damage of the heavy melee weapons i believe, so its a good pick i think

I love my Saryn so so so much. 

Venom is devastating at high ranks; I've gone into new rooms to find things tagged with a spore that I cast minutes ago. Molt isn't a good as Loki's Decoy, but it serves the same purpose, just not for as long (It dies quickly when under fire). Great distraction when the Grineer are flanking you from all sides and you need a breather to reload and relocate. 

I use the Soma or the Strun Wraith; if you don't have the Wraith, I'd suggest the Hek (but requires mastery rank 4). My pistols are usually Twin Vipers or Dual Vastos, and right now I'm using the Scindo for melee, but that's mostly just an experiment. I plan on putting on the Dual Ichors soon, because I'm not a fan of heavy weapons. Doesn't suit me very well. 

Contagion, I don't use very often. On lower levels it can be fun, but I personally feel that the energy could be better used. 

You could be a cool cat and slap a Torid on as a primary. 

Poison folks as you poison folks. Tons o' fun.

If i do decid to use shotguns for closerange what would be a nice one mastery rank 3 or lower?

As for a shotgun below Mastery 3, grab the Strun. It'll do you good for a while. 

Edited by Fornicate

Yea I think im gunna try  shotgun on Saryn prob gunna get Strun

I saw that you weren't too sure about Twin Gremlins as your secondary. Why not make your secondary the "shotguns" then? Dual Broncos/Bronco Prime are very viable and they also don't have the disadvantage regular shotgun has (damage drop off). They may have a small clip, but modded right with a potato and a few formas, they are beastly with quite some great burst damage and decent reload speed.

But if i do get bronco Dual bronco or Bronco prime?

Also i think im gunna have 2 weapons for each then leave 2 slots for when i get to a higher mastery to make what i want.I want a loadout that will be diverse so i can switch.This good,any other suggestions?

Primary        Soma/Strun 

Melee          Orthos Prime/Galatine  
 Secondary  Twin Gremlin/Dual Bronco or Bronco Prime

Primary        Soma/Strun 

Melee          Orthos Prime/Galatine  
 Secondary  Twin Gremlin/Dual Bronco or Bronco Prime

make sure you have both long and short range accounted for. if you bring a soma, bring the bronco. if you bring the strun, pack the gremlins

Going to go with not using contagion as well. Saryn is my secondary frame after Frost Prime, and I've got 3 very distinct, useful builds for her-none of which use contagion.

The strongest (and to me, most viscerally satisfying) saryn makes use of only her ultimate, with damage and extension mods (duration and distance) for max impact. it's also essential you team up with a high level, damage oriented nova. Nova casts molecular prime, saryn casts miasma...

best way to explain it?

anyway... i also appreciate playing for a fun and non-meta approaches, so if you're doing this for that purpose, i'll still give my 2 cents.

contagion is most effective IMO with a faster rate of fire for melee. since each strike does extra damage, the more strikes the more damage accumulates. use it with fang, fury is a must. if you can, have a volt cast speed for you and shred everything in sight before you have any idea what you're doing.

Just stating this now a lot of people are telling me not to use contagion but I will still use it,even if it is not as good I find it fun to use.

Be that as it may you haven't explicitly stated what you're asking for, opinions or facts. The facts are Soma/Galatine are extremely good on any frame, and contagion is a wasted slot. The opinions are any weapon will serve you well with enough, especially if you invest in formas.

Threads like these attract "optimized" answers, expect abilities/weapons/mods you might like getting trashed because this game has severe power discrepancies.

Contagion is a situational ability - as is Moult

Contagion works very well with the Glaive, and with the Galatine only against *very* high level enemies - everything else is 1 shot. Works great with fast attacking weapons like the Dual Ichors or Charge build Fang Prime.

Moult is useful against Infested, and can be used as a 1/2 second decoy against corpus/grineer/void - it dies VERY quickly against high level enemies. Since I tend to like having Infested come to me, and play primarily at high levels, I tend not to slot this skill.

Venom does more damage/energy than Miasma. Miasma does more damage/second than venom. Both are very useful, and very good.

Weapon-wise I would bring something to pop venom spores (with puncture) and something for close up (when using melee weapon).

My favorite build is long range venom spam and 'sniping' the spores with something accurate-ish, like the Soma.