The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Snake Warframe

Qu33nSn8ke

That's a Lamia tho or a Naga in some cases.

Snake can be a more variety, full snake or snake men like as example in Dark Souls as a more recent example in gaming.

If you go by this picture you can also make a centaur while you at it aswell.

Other then that i would like to see more animal based frames overall, more feral in design and behavior tho and not something like Valkyr as much i like her it is kinda lame as a full "cat".

If we get such i like to see them using things like Tails as attack, bites, spit poison in a Snakes case etc as abilitys.

Side note wise, concpets are nice and all but still should fit the universe and have lore, or else we get stuff like Baruuk with a concept but no connection to anything in the world or his own Lore, same for Hildryn and Garuda. To many concepts can ruin this game sadly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

That's a Lamia tho or a Naga in some cases.

Snake can be a more variety, full snake or snake men like as example in Dark Souls as a more recent example in gaming.

If you go by this picture you can also make a centaur while you at it aswell.

Other then that i would like to see more animal based frames overall, more feral in design and behavior tho and not something like Valkyr as much i like her it is kinda lame as a full "cat".

If we get such i like to see them using things like Tails as attack, bites, spit poison in a Snakes case etc as abilitys.

Side note wise, concpets are nice and all but still should fit the universe and have lore, or else we get stuff like Baruuk with a concept but no connection to anything in the world or his own Lore, same for Hildryn and Garuda. To many concepts can ruin this game sadly.

Well they have made frames that float. So I guess the next step is making one that slithers. Could be like some weird animation. Saryn’s molt used by her silver grove specter crawls on the ground after you like some zombie. So I could see her slithering around. Maybe her passive is that bullets are more likely to miss while she is “sprinting”. Cause snakes are pretty slippery. 

Then the abilities would be somewhat complicated. All the things snakes are known for have already been used in current existing frames. Saryn being a toxic and corrosive frame plus her prime being very snake like along with her Molt. Atlas petrifying enemies like Medusa. Khora strangling enemies with her whip. Ain’t that much that can be done.

I could see her being able to inflict high amounts of toxic and corrosive damage but only to single enemies instead of spreading like a disease like Saryn. So it can deal high amounts of elemental damage to a single target. Snakes can be very venomous but they don’t spread like a disease. Could also summon smaller ones that attack the enemies and cause panic while reducing their armor with corrosive. Kind of thinking about that Molt that Saryn does except her silver grove specter had a few that crawled on the ground like zombies. Which makes me see her being a very fast moving frame and one ability she travels quickly across the ground, wraps around an enemy, and then poisons them. Her toxic could be similar to corrosive in that it builds up damage over time but only to a single target which doesn’t get passed on. So no matter how tough the enemies are, they are bound to die eventually and quicker than what Saryn could do to a single target. So while Saryn is a horde killing frame, this one would be single target focused. 

But regardless people will complain that “we already have one of those” so I doubt DE would be willing to make it. Regardless of how different it may be. There’s only 4 elements and 6 merged elements. There ain’t much else for DE to work with since the only elements that frames haven’t been fully based on is Blast and Gas. And so DE is having to focus on other themes which can be difficult to do the more frame they create. And trying to avoid making them too similar is a problem with so many narrow minded people. Gauss and Volt run very differently yet it doesn’t stop trolls from comparing the two. 

And I doubt things like centaurs would be used. Frames are basically mutated/experimented people. So unless centaurs really did exist back then and the Orokin experimented on them too, I don’t think DE would create one. It would also be some complicated animation too. And there aren’t many abilities for a centaur frame. The few that could’ve been used have already been used on other frames. Would be a weird gruesome story if maybe a warframe somehow merged with its horse. Like due to the infestation part of the body, maybe something blew its legs off along with the head of the horse and the infestation trying to pull itself together before dying, grabbed the remaining body of the horse and merged it. Creating the origin of the “centaur” spoken in myths. 

Either way, those kind of concepts would be difficult for DE to make. Especially if all people do is suggest a theme with no suggestions for abilities. And I don’t know what else to add that won’t be trolled by others. So I can’t exactly help add to the concepts. 

• Like 1

I also want warframes that can transform.
Red 13 from FF7 was just an interesting character with a new melee idea.

There were fan concepts like Zauron, I think there is a problem with * marketing *.
1: If the humanoid shape deviates, you have to adapt a lot to decorations.
2: Animation sets, whether they really fancy something so exclusive?
3: Animation sets of other warframes that can be unlocked with each other with platinum would not work here.
4: Where to with the weapons?

So I don't see a good implementation option here, even if I really wish it.