Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to mute Nora?

CalebTheExtra

Player hint transmissions doesn't seem to work. I am being honest I would like to know if there is a way and if DE see's this if there is a possible by any way they can add that. We got a operator, ordis and Lotus mute. Would be nice. I am sorry to make this thread but I am just wondering. We seriously need a mute for Nora from nightwave.

Nope! A lot of people asked for this during nightwave season 1, and DE's response was to just... shove them into the "hint transmissions" setting for some reason, despite Nora's pretentious drivel upon completing a random chore really not being a hint in any capacity. But wait! As you noticed, the hint transmissions option doesn't work any more either: It stopped functioning as soon as the first intermission launched, and DE has not acknowledged this again since. People seem to complain a lot less about her, now, anyhow, though I dunno if that's Stockholm syndrome or just giving up.

I'd certainly love an option to mute her forever, though!

Rather than mute her, I'd rather take the fight right to the Grineer Skoom's doorstep, take her stockpile, and replace her with Ordis. No mercy for Grineer sympathisers!

But if I can't act on the knowledge I have because "plot reasons"... mute would be nice.

Her meaningless, useless cringe drivel needs an off button. If I want to hear or read the crap that she spouts I could easily look at the self help drivel people put on Facebook. While at it once we reach 20 cephalite stop infecting every mission with the flavour of the moment glass crap. We did the shallow clue system 2 minutes after it came out thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-29 at 7:19 AM, --N0X-- said:

Her meaningless, useless cringe drivel needs an off button. If I want to hear or read the crap that she spouts I could easily look at the self help drivel people put on Facebook. While at it once we reach 20 cephalite stop infecting every mission with the flavour of the moment glass crap. We did the shallow clue system 2 minutes after it came out thanks.

Not the best way to describe it, but keep in mind each time you kill a Cephalite you get 30 standing. Now it isn't a lot, and I figure you're gonna argue its not worth it but keep in mind not everyone got the episode completed in the first hour it launched. You want to have the fissures stop for someone who has the episodes completed right? How about if you are playing with someone who's hunting for the Cephalite? Don't say "they can play solo" because while it is a good counter argument, what if the person in question wants to try and farm the Cephalites in a group? Also the episodes are pretty cool, imo, since its a lot more interactive than the previous two series. So while you may think they are a waste of time, many other people think they are pretty cool. Just some food for thought. 

15 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Not the best way to describe it, but keep in mind each time you kill a Cephalite you get 30 standing. Now it isn't a lot, and I figure you're gonna argue its not worth it but keep in mind not everyone got the episode completed in the first hour it launched. You want to have the fissures stop for someone who has the episodes completed right? How about if you are playing with someone who's hunting for the Cephalite? Don't say "they can play solo" because while it is a good counter argument, what if the person in question wants to try and farm the Cephalites in a group? Also the episodes are pretty cool, imo, since its a lot more interactive than the previous two series. So while you may think they are a waste of time, many other people think they are pretty cool. Just some food for thought. 

I don't mind them showing up in public games if someone else needs them, but I would like them to at least decrease in spawn frequency for me once I have 20, if the game could somehow detect that, especially if I have all the crime scenes done to date and all stocked up. 

At least for solo/my instance when in public. They really don't give a lot of standing, and it is super annoying to me at this point. But the most noticeable is in open world, and that is where my true beef lies to be honest, as they only feel like a minor nuisance in regular missions. 

For regular missions the spawn timer makes sense, but it needs to be longer for open world, or they need to just not show up there. Open world you go out and chill for a while and mine and fish, and I'm sure this is partly my own imagination, but it feels like almost every instance where it isn't a super fast in and out, Nora comes on the line about glass resonance in the area. It's frustrating. I am trying to conserve animals and I cannot have any peace. 

Mind you I enjoy the Nightwave stuff, although I just came back and missed the first couple... and I think having limited time in world events like that is neat, but I just feel like the spawn frequency especially when in solo with all your stuff complete, it just feels like a bit much. 

Archived