Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What we know of hard mode

Jarriaga

@Mods: Please don't fuse this thread into the one discussing rewards. Topics such as energy pad cooldowns have nothing to do with rewards. Thanks.

For those poor souls like me who didn't get a key 😞:

- Have to talk to Teshin to enable it. It's a toggle at that point.

- Resource DROP CHANCE booster and mod drop chance booster enabled.

- All starchart missions get +100 to their original level, including junction specters (But you don't need to meet the conditions, only reach the specter).

- No affinity booster. It's simply boosted by enemy levels.

- You can only use 1 energy/life pad per minute as they are in a cooldown. 

- Affects Stalker/Wolf and other spawning bosses.

- Affects Archwing missions.

- Won't be applied to Liches right now.

- Completing a planet on hard mode gives you an emote that projects the planet. Also a statue/trophy.

- No Kuva scaling/boost. Level 140 Kuva Disruption still giving 350 Kuva on C rotation.....

- No Cryotic, Oxium, or Void Trace scaling/boost.

- Mastery for completing each node. Same total amount as regular mode (27,501). Thanks @Myscho for the tip.

PQTKut9yYZcZIIVBxgXgYTGh-PpLhMHCo8zl_gPA

- No frame/weapon rank restrictions.

- Cetus/Fortuna bounties get a 6th tier.

- Does not affect Eidolons. Unknown if bug or intentional like Liches.

- Mission rewards from drop tables not scaled or trimmed. This means that if a mission has 400 Endo in the normal drop table it will remain 400 Endo in hard.

- Can do any planet in any order. You don't have to start on Earth. You can start on Earth or in the Kuva Fortress, can not do any planet in any order.

- Void fissures don't seem to be affected. Unknown if bug or intentional.

- Enemies seem to use the 2x armor and shield enhancement sortie modifiers together. That means steel-path enemies are significantly tankier than their normal counterparts at the same level. Thanks @Drachnyn for the tip.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Another content island. DE should stop releasing new separate game modes. Also hopefully DE will allow Steel Path Lich Missions and Void Fissures on Hard mode 1.9999999999.

Same mods and resources. Same missions. Same functions. Same blueprint and part drops. Same relic drops.

I don't see how this is a content island without implying that the starchart itself is a content island.

14 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

@Mods: Please don't fuse this thread into the one discussing rewards. Topics such as energy pad cooldowns have nothing to do with rewards. Thanks.

For those poor souls like me who didn't get a key 😞:

- Resource DROP CHANCE booster and mod drop chance booster enabled.

- All starchart missions get +100 to their original level, including junction specters (But you don't need to meet the conditions, only reach the specter).

- No affinity booster. It's simply boosted by enemy levels.

- You can only use 1 energy/life pad per minute as they are in a cooldown. 

- Affects Stalker/Wolf and other spawning bosses.

- Affects Archwing missions.

- Won't be applied to Liches right now.

- Completing a planet on hard mode gives you an emote that projects the planet. Also a statue/trophy.

- No word on Kuva scaling yet since Kuva is not affected by drop chance boosters.

- Mastery for completing each node. No exact amount specified.

- No frame/weapon rank restrictions.

- Cetus/Fortuna bounties get a 6th tier.

- Does not affect Eidolons. Unknown if bug or intentional like Liches.

- Mission rewards from drop tables not scaled or trimmed. This means that if a mission has 400 Endo in the normal drop table, it will remain 400 Endo in hard.

- Can do any planet in any order. You don't have to start on Earth.

- Void fissures don't seem to be affected. Unknown if bug or intentional.

so for now it is basically

clear the starmap again and forget about it

gotcha

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Much appreciated.

Had an earlier one posted but a mod decided that the thread was best fused with the one discussing if hard mode should have better possible rewards, which is a moot thread anyway since we now now what is and isn't being awarded.

3 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

so for now it is basically

clear the starmap again and forget about it

gotcha

Which is what they had initially advertised when announced back on May 8th.

My only point of contention is Kuva. It doesn't seem to be scaled, making normal mode better. Other than that I'm happy.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Which is what they had initially advertised when announced back on May 8th.

My only point of contention is Kuva. It doesn't seem to be scaled, making normal mode better. Other than that I'm happy.

yeah if it do not affect kuva/fissures i don't really see the point of doing it

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Jarriaga:

Had an earlier one posted but a mod decided that the thread was best fused with the one discussing if hard mode should have better possible rewards, which is a moot thread anyway since we now now what is and isn't being awarded.

Ah. Yeah, I voiced my concerns (to put it mildly) in the announcement thread and it looks like I expected it to be. We'll see how many of those "I will keep playing it for the challenge" people will still play it on the regular if at all one or two months after release. I know I wont aside from leveling and to kind of quote myself: "ironically hard mode will be the place to bring unfinished gear into."

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Ah. Yeah, I voiced my concerns (to put it mildly) in the announcement thread and it looks like I expected it to be. We'll see how many of those "I will keep playing it for the challenge" people will still play it one or two months after release. I know I wont.

For me it depends on Kuva, VItus and Void traces being scaled or not. I'll graduate to hard mode if they are. Otherwise I will be returning to normal mode when those things are involved, then back to hard mode. 

It's honestly not ideal, but I am certain those in the test cluster will highlight it as well.

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

hmmm...another efforts for nothing.

conclave 2.0

basically clear it for the mastery points and forgot it even existed

for a second i did expect it to give some conclave rep, because i prefer to french kiss both kuva queens than waste my time on conclave

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Jarriaga:

For me it depends on Kuva, VItus and Void traces being scaled or not. I'll graduate to hard mode if they are. Otherwise I will be returning to normal mode when those things are involved, then back to hard mode. 

It's honestly not ideal, but I am certain those in the test cluster will highlight it as well.

Yeah, I shouldn' say "I know" yet. I suspect it with the info we have. Cheers and thanks.

1 minute ago, paulogabbi said:

also i hope i don't need to talk whit teshin each time i need to activate it...

31 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Just now, sitfesz said:

It's a nostalgia run with a few feats of strength rewards. I think it's great. Resource/mod drop chance boosters are nice compensation, and the decorations, emotes are fine rewards besides the mastery.

Agreed. I just hope they adjust Kuva and Vitus. 

For those complaining the mode isn't made for those who want the latest "shiny", it's for those who want to be able to fight against enemies where our obscene damage can actually matter and to shave an hour or two (potentially more depending on endless scaling) off of the snooze fest that is waiting in endless for level appropriate enemies.

If that isn't of interest then sorry but you're not the target audience here. People that are tired of the difficulty being the equivalent of creative mode in Minecraft have been begging for DE to do something about that for years now.

3 minutes ago, trst said:

For those complaining the mode isn't made for those who want the latest "shiny", it's for those who want to be able to fight against enemies where our obscene damage can actually matter and to shave an hour or two (potentially more depending on endless scaling) off of the snooze fest that is waiting in endless for level appropriate enemies.

If that isn't of interest then sorry but you're not the target audience here. People that are tired of the difficulty being the equivalent of creative mode in Minecraft have been begging for DE to do something about that for years now.

only hope this is not lunaro2.0  electric boogaloo

Archived