Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What we know of hard mode

Jarriaga

30 minutes ago, Aoennor said:

Can this hard mode thing stops ? Can't wait for the beta to come is it ? Lol 🙄 

6 minutes ago, Aoennor said:

Nothing, and nothing shall be made. 

If more reward or any boosters will be implemented, it will be told or shown by beta testers. 

If anything significant change or enhance will be made in live server, and still have to wait.

So what's the rush? 20 pages threads again, just for one hard mode thingy? Worth it? Worth the time?

Man if you don't like the discussion you can bugger off and let the thread run its course.

3 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Man if you don't like the discussion you can bugger off and let the thread run its course.

I don't dislike it, just be clear, I just my opinion as one of the forum users. You don't have to quote and do any, Just ignore, if you would 🙄

If kuva, vitus and traces wont scale I wont see myself playing steel path much aside from clearing the chart once. I may pop into it in the future to farm new dropped materials for new frames/weapons. But even that is highly doubtful given that the boost is a chance boost and the mobs have 2x armor and 2x shields, so efficiency will still be gimp compared to normal.

What is the point of this mode again?

15 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Mastery for completing each node. No exact amount specified.

Should be the same as the normal Star Chart. Since people confirmed the Derelict being a part of the Steel Path, then it is expected that Mutalist Alad V and the Jordas Golem to be a part of it as well.

15 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

-Enemies seem to use the 2x armor and shield enhancement sortie modifiers together. That means steel-path enemies are significantly tankier than their normal counterparts at the same level.

Thankfully, it isn't any Physical or Elemental Enhancement as that would invalidate most of our loadouts.

Is Empyrean a part of the Steel Path as well? Fighting Sentients and Gokstad Grineer will take a while to kill with Augmented Armor.

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

Should be the same as the normal Star Chart. Since people confirmed the Derelict being a part of the Steel Path, then it is expected that Mutalist Alad V and the Jordas Golem to be a part of it as well.

Thankfully, it isn't any Physical or Elemental Enhancement as that would invalidate most of our loadouts.

Is Empyrean a part of the Steel Path as well? Fighting Sentients and Gokstad Grineer will take a while to kill with Augmented Armor.

Haven't seen anyone trying Emperyan yet, so no word on that.

Traces may not scale from fissures, but what about granum void?

Granum void can give traces. Do they scale?

I think its better if its resource booster than a resource drop chance booster though. Would solve most issues players may have with it.

4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Traces may not scale from fissures, but what about granum void?

Granum void can give traces. Do they scale?

If they are not set drops like Oxium, they should scale in the Granum Void. They won't otherwise since drop chance boosters have no effect on resources dropped at 100% chance. No word on it yet.

16 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

- Enemies seem to use the 2x armor and shield enhancement sortie modifiers together. That means steel-path enemies are significantly tankier than their normal counterparts at the same level

Really? This again? DE removed such thing from Railjack enemies and now it is really in hard mode?

Inconsistency is the only consistency.

26 minutes ago, kyori said:

Really? This again? DE removed such thing from Railjack enemies and now it is really in hard mode?

It's hard mode. I don't see the problem with that being here. 

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

It's hard mode. I don't see the problem with that being here. 

Same, dont see the problem with it. In fact I think it is a bloody marvelous idea and solution since it lets them scale up TTL of mobs without making them more bullet hell at the same time.

16 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Testing your build against high level enemies without spending hours to reach that level, not being a more efficient farming place

Those things go hand in hand in every single loot-based game I've ever played. They give you reasons to move on to hard mode and never look back. Here, the most arguably important resource in the entire game (Kuva) punishes you for attempting to even farm it (Kuva Disruption starting at level 140 with 2x armor and shield modifier while awarding 350 Kuva per C rotation).

Why would I even attempt it? Kuva modes are played explicitly for the Kuva. Nothing else matters there. 

10 Riven rolls is 35,000 Kuva. You don't make that amount in an hour even with a booster in normal mode. Here you make even less in the same amount of time. 

That is a problem that will make people choose and compare rather than migrate.  I myself am prevented from fully migrating if it stays that way. 

I mean, can you even name another looter game in which you are better rewarded for taking the easy road? Because I can't. 

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Maybe not that important, but Graphics API can be set to DirectX 12

Does it improve performance when measured with, say, Rivaturner? In theory it should split CPU load better in multi-core CPU's, but may not help if you're GPU bound. 

18 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Those things go hand in hand in every single loot-based game I've ever played. They give you reasons to move on to hard mode and never look back. Here, the most arguably important resource in the entire game (Kuva) punishes you for attempting to even farm it (Kuva Disruption starting at level 140 with 2x armor and health modifier while awarding 350 Kuva per C rotation).

10 Riven rolls is 35,000 Kuva. You don't make that amount in an hour even with a booster in normal mode. 

That is a problem that will make people choose and compare rather than migrate.  I myself am prevented from fully migrating if it stays that way. 

I mean, can you even name another looter game in which you are better rewarded for taking the easy road? Because I can't. 

then dont migrate.

Hard mode is a choice. If someone chooses to struggle more to get Kuva, then this mode is for them. If you are just hoping to get more Kuva per hour, then stick to normal. Thats the very mindset i want far away from hard mode

21 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Testing your build against high level enemies without spending hours to reach that level, not being a more efficient farming place

So why did they add resource chance, mod chance boosters and mastery then? It will be a more efficient place (possibly) for basic materials. The whole "testing your build" thing is kind of a dead reason right now since DE has proven that wasnt the intent by adding those rewards or reward increasing things.

Now we need to get DE to understand their own game and the flaws with the planned boosters.

Another thing. If it was because of "without spending hours to reach that level", then why is it applied to the whole chart and not just endless?

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

then dont migrate.

Hard mode is a choice. If someone chooses to struggle more to get Kuva, then this mode is for them. If you are just hoping to get more Kuva per hour, then stick to normal. Thats the very mindset i want far away from hard mode

Which eventually will drive people away since it is ass backwards design. People eventually get tired of trivial content.

25 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Indeed. This will allow content creators to use the Steel Path to test and showcase weapons and frames more there than at the Simulacrum, so Scott should be fine tolerating the Simulacrum's presence after the Steel Path shows up.

At the same time, I prefer the Simulacrum to be a "playground" of messing around or watching A.I battles.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

That's the important part of the PTS: to get the feedback necessary on what needs adjustments before launching the public finalized build. We should at least be glad it isn't a combined Elemental/Physical Enhancement because that negates majority of our loadout.

Frankly, game difficulty is difficult to manage because of how overpowered we are. I fear that some people with the keys are not playtesting properly by using things such as Mesa, Inaros, or any equivalents that heavily skews the outcome and perspective. 

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Which eventually will drive people away since it is ass backwards design. People eventually get tired of trivial content.

Hard mode isnt really content, its a modifier. I dont think DE is trying to entice everyone to play it. Some of you just dont understand that there are some players that would PREFER if the grind was more difficult. When i do bounties for NW, i would PREFER if they were simply +100. RJ was more fun to me when it was challenging. I'm at a point where i play WF for fun. sub 100 enemies rarely provide that fun. 

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

then dont migrate.

Hard mode is a choice.

No, it is not a choice. There's 27,000 mastery involved. That's the equivalent of 9 weapons worth of mastery. The moment DE made that decision they signaled that it is no longer a choice, but an expected step towards progression and completion.

If someone chooses to struggle more to get Kuva, then this mode is for them.

They will literally go from getting some Kuva in normal mode to getting significantly less Kuva in hard mode by virtue of progressing the game while the opposite is true for other resources. I don't know of a single other game that punishes you for advancing. Can you name one? And how was said game received?

If you are just hoping to get more Kuva per hour, then stick to normal. Thats the very mindset i want far away from hard mode

Then your mindset is going to desolate those nodes in hard mode. Kuva modes are explicitly played for the Kuva and nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Hard mode isnt really content, its a modifier. I dont think DE is trying to entice everyone to play it. Some of you just dont understand that there are some players that would PREFER if the grind was more difficult. When i do bounties for NW, i would PREFER if they were simply +100. 

Sure there are some that prefer it just to be harder (read slower), but some isnt really a viable number to design content around. The majority of players in these types of games enjoy the min-max aspect of them, the thing that lets them perfect the time vs reward efficiency as they play. Most players take the simplest way out when rewards dont scale, since they just wanna be done with it and they effectively count reward/minute. It is the nature of these games and the nature of most players playing these games, it has been so since Diablo 2 atleast and likely wont change in the nearest or even mid-distant future of gaming.

....so the complaints of "hard mode isnt rewarding enough" have already begun. Next round of complaints..."Hard mode isnt fair! im being forced to play because of mastery. Please nerf enemy damage and armour" Then- "hard mode isnt content. DE is horrible and lazy"

welp...Nothing i can do but play iut until it becomes "everybody wins" mode again. 

Archived