The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path exclusive mods? or just....

On 2020-06-27 at 4:54 PM, Crasharr said:

Just because you draw some arbitrary and wrong conclusions and demand they be "facts" doesnt make it so.

None of what you say is right. Ofcourse newbies need more resources than vets. Vets have stockpiles and very little to spend it on. Newbies have to build weapons, frames, their railjack etc. If anyone is in need of resources its new players, not vets. That is a fact! 

Vets have been asking for this mode for the challenge, which by itself is its own reward. Thats not wasting time, its called having fun by doing something you enjoy doing. Now, some people need resources and rewards as incentive, some dont. Guess for whom hardmode is and always was intended? That is a fact! 

I meant that on those resources that you would expect from hard mode to give you not on the ones that you need for weapons and frames. Sorry if i wrote something wrong.
But still, if there is no motivation then the game mode being hard itself won't be enough. Raid was a thing, it was difficult in it's time, but still people did it for the arcanes. That was the goal, getting that exclusive reward for facing the challenge. No one would've played it if you could only get the same rewards as in normal nodes with much less effort and more efficiency. And that is a fact as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Samhel said:

I meant that on those resources that you would expect from hard mode to give you not on the ones that you need for weapons and frames. Sorry if i wrote something wrong.
But still, if there is no motivation then the game mode being hard itself won't be enough. Raid was a thing, it was difficult in it's time, but still people did it for the arcanes. That was the goal, getting that exclusive reward for facing the challenge. No one would've played it if you could only get the same rewards as in normal nodes with much less effort and more efficiency. And that is a fact as well. 

but there are players like me who would prefer to do the same thing with added difficulty. I'd much prefer to do a sortie, with the same rewards, but more challenge. Why? because i play for fun, not just rewards. When a sortie is easy, it feels like a pointless waste of time to roll a slot machine. 

For comparison, as a PC gamer, i usually mod my games to provide a challenge- and may even decrease rewards. Why? because i want to pay that game to enjoy it, not steam roll enemies to win. 

hard mode to me is like a mod. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Samhel said:

I meant that on those resources that you would expect from hard mode to give you not on the ones that you need for weapons and frames.

What resources would those be?  That's rhetorical question by the way, everyone will have a unique answer as to what they think people will want, and they will all be wrong in someone else's eyes.  There is no objectively correct answer.

For years people have been asking for to option to increase enemy level and have even been saying that no extra reward is needed, that the challenging game experience is all they need.  That is who this is aimed at and if that isn't you then this addition isn't aimed at you, and that's fine, not everybody needs to enjoy every part of the game.  You just need to enjoy enough parts to keep playing the parts you enjoy.

That being said, the mode is offering increased resource drop rate, which might not mean much to 7 year vets but it'll be handy for those who are catching up, increased mod drop rate, which will help if new mods are added to any enemies like the Jupiter secret lab Amalgams, and increased Affinity due to the higher level enemies, Lancers on Earth will be worth about double while those on Sedna will be worth about half extra.

18 minutes ago, Katinka said:

For years people have been asking for to option to increase enemy level and have even been saying that no extra reward is needed, that the challenging game experience is all they need.  That is who this is aimed at and if that isn't you then this addition isn't aimed at you, and that's fine, not everybody needs to enjoy every part of the game. 

I really sympathize with this sentiment.  And yet...if the mode does offer -somewhat- greater rewards, will that decrease the enjoyment of people who are doing it just for the challenge? 

Answering for myself, maybe a little?  But I can't really fathom how it could be enough to counteract all the positives of having more people engaged with the mode.

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I really sympathize with this sentiment.  And yet...if the mode does offer -somewhat- greater rewards, will that decrease the enjoyment of people who are doing it just for the challenge? 

Answering for myself, maybe a little?  But I can't really fathom how it could be enough to counteract all the positives of having more people engaged with the mode.

only if the majority of the feedback becomes "make this easier because its unfair" and devs cave in to either make it easier or feel cautious about possible adding more restrictions (like energy pad cooldown) to make the mode uniquely challenging. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

The purpose of Steel Path isn't to be a place where you farm for stuff. It's there for the people who have finished farming, and want something that poses more of a threat than the basic star chart can provide.

It's an option for those who want it, not a new content addition. If you don't feel motivated to play it without rewards, then congrats, it's working as intended.

People who have finished farming are inclined to do Fissures, Sorties, Kuva Floods, Kuva Survival, or ESO to level. None of these special missions are affected by this new mode (Kuva missions will just be more challenging for the same reward which is already low). The Steel Path is definitely a good foundation for future additions to Warframe, and expanding it would be really good for the game. However, it's current state doesn't really appeal to the crowd who has finished everything because the progression is a "one and done" setup. DE needs to eventually add something that isn't Riven Mods that has a more indefinite progression system. The "one and done" content cycle isn't horrible, but it's always a race between DE adding something, and players finishing it in a few hours/days (or weeks whenever they add Syndicates).

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

only if the majority of the feedback becomes "make this easier because its unfair" and devs cave in to either make it easier or feel cautious about possible adding more restrictions (like energy pad cooldown) to make the mode uniquely challenging. 

An understandable worry.  But not a sure thing.  And maybe as likely to happen if too few people play the mode as too many.

On 2020-06-27 at 9:53 PM, Katinka said:

What resources would those be?  That's rhetorical question by the way, everyone will have a unique answer as to what they think people will want, and they will all be wrong in someone else's eyes.  There is no objectively correct answer.

For years people have been asking for to option to increase enemy level and have even been saying that no extra reward is needed, that the challenging game experience is all they need.  That is who this is aimed at and if that isn't you then this addition isn't aimed at you, and that's fine, not everybody needs to enjoy every part of the game.  You just need to enjoy enough parts to keep playing the parts you enjoy.

That being said, the mode is offering increased resource drop rate, which might not mean much to 7 year vets but it'll be handy for those who are catching up, increased mod drop rate, which will help if new mods are added to any enemies like the Jupiter secret lab Amalgams, and increased Affinity due to the higher level enemies, Lancers on Earth will be worth about double while those on Sedna will be worth about half extra.

But some exclusive rewards still wouldn't hurt 😞 . I understand that for some people it's enough to just challenge themselves against high level enemies, but still, lots of people will leave doing it because it won't be like in any other loot based game. It's just a common concept in looter shooters that for more effort and harder challenges you get better gear or just something exclusive to those specific challenges and levels. I'd like to have more challenging content in the game even if it's not the endgame, but including some common sense wouldn't hurt anybody, and it would attract more people in to play the game if we had motivating rewards. Would be the game less better if we got challenging content + we also got proper rewards? Saying that it would force people to play on harder difficulty like some do on this post just makes no sense, because it is created to be played by players who reached that level, it's called progress, another common conception in almost every single game. Yet it still wouldn't force anyone to do anything, because it's still your own choice to make. 

3 minutes ago, Samhel said:

But some exclusive rewards still wouldn't hurt 😞 .

There are exclusive rewards.  Just not the rewards you want.

4 minutes ago, Samhel said:

...it won't be like in any other loot based game.

Some might say that the best parts of Warframe are when they don't do things the way everybody else does them.

6 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Would be the game less better if we got challenging content + we also got proper rewards?

On 2020-06-27 at 8:53 PM, Katinka said:

What resources proper rewards would those be?  That's rhetorical question by the way, everyone will have a unique answer as to what they think people will want, and they will all be wrong in someone else's eyes.  There is no objectively correct answer.

For me cosmetic stuff are ok. I dont need anything actually to play the hard mode aside from the fun.

I regularly do mot survivals just to grt hugher level enemies on my favourite map, and being able to start said mission with a +100 on it its enough for me to play the mode and clear every single node.

Hard mode its not intended to be used for efficency, but for the fun of it, and thats why you are supposed to play games. To have fun.

11 minutes ago, Katinka said:

What resources proper rewards would those be?  That's rhetorical question by the way, everyone will have a unique answer as to what they think people will want, and they will all be wrong in someone else's eyes.  There is no objectively correct answer.

Anything but ship decorations and emotes. When did the last time you see anyone using emotes in-game other than when waiting for baro or by the red text cult? Yet emotes are still better, i can use them in-game, while actually playing the game and not just sitting in my ship with my precious statues 😕 .
Mastery rank is the only thing that makes sense to be a reward here, because these will be technically new missions and we get mastery xp for every node on the map.
The same people that wanted endgame and challenging content so badly for years are the same people that doesn't care about the emotes and statues they get as a reward for playing it. I appreciate both the challenge and that we actually get something for it, but still it would make more sense to give rewards that are actually popular/useful/won't just sit their in your ship. Mods, warframe cosmetics, arcanes, weapon variants, relics or even those little glyphs would be better. Or some other tenno stuff that makes operator gameplay more interesting and popular but that's just my own desire. Or titles to show off liek the ones that we have in many other games. These are the things that i would call proper rewards, things that you actually see and use in game. 

2 hours ago, Samhel said:

Anything but ship decorations and emotes. When did the last time you see anyone using emotes in-game other than when waiting for baro or by the red text cult? Yet emotes are still better, i can use them in-game, while actually playing the game and not just sitting in my ship with my precious statues 😕 .
Mastery rank is the only thing that makes sense to be a reward here, because these will be technically new missions and we get mastery xp for every node on the map.
The same people that wanted endgame and challenging content so badly for years are the same people that doesn't care about the emotes and statues they get as a reward for playing it. I appreciate both the challenge and that we actually get something for it, but still it would make more sense to give rewards that are actually popular/useful/won't just sit their in your ship. Mods, warframe cosmetics, arcanes, weapon variants, relics or even those little glyphs would be better. Or some other tenno stuff that makes operator gameplay more interesting and popular but that's just my own desire. Or titles to show off liek the ones that we have in many other games. These are the things that i would call proper rewards, things that you actually see and use in game. 

I'm very much looking forward to the ship decorations

On 2020-06-26 at 5:54 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Should be a resource booster, not a resource drop chance booster.

if it works on plains or valis I would rather the later over the former the chance booster increases the spawn rates of rare items like the rare fish and gems similar goes for rare conservation animals

3 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

if it works on plains or valis I would rather the later over the former the chance booster increases the spawn rates of rare items like the rare fish and gems similar goes for rare conservation animals

Have you tried using the pheromones for conservation? You get about 80% rare spawns and they cost next to nothing.

17 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Have you tried using the pheromones for conservation? You get about 80% rare spawns and they cost next to nothing.

nope but that does not change the gems or the fishes (with a chance booster you don't need bait on OV and you need way less bait in POE)

Edited by spirit_of_76

5 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

nope but that does not change the gems or the fishes (with a chance booster you don't need bait on OV and you need way less bait in POE)

This I agree with however bait is extremely easy to obtain so I don't see that as an issue. Hell if you need fish, pm me I have thousands.

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

This I agree with however bait is extremely easy to obtain so I don't see that as an issue. Hell if you need fish, pm me I have thousands.

night wave challenges would be the main reason for either the best way to get gems and or fish parts is exploiter or thumpers

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

night wave challenges would be the main reason for either the best way to get gems and or fish parts is exploiter or thumpers

Yeh Exploiter is a gold mine for Fortuna fish parts, Thumpers aren't bad either. But like I said, I farmed so damn many way before all that stuff was added, if you need some just msg me ingame when I'm online, I have zero use for them. And as for Nightwave challenge, it doesn't take long even without a booster, yeh it's quicker but it'll only save you 5 minutes anyway.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeh Exploiter is a gold mine for Fortuna fish parts, Thumpers aren't bad either. But like I said, I farmed so damn many way before all that stuff was added, if you need some just msg me ingame when I'm online, I have zero use for them. And as for Nightwave challenge, it doesn't take long even without a booster, yeh it's quicker but it'll only save you 5 minutes anyway.

the valis mining challenge would be the main use case especially with some of the bugs that the cutter had the last time I used it. (I needed to swap to operator to spawn the ores for some reason they would not show up if I used melee or an ability while the cuter was out until I swapped to operator and back it was weird) also I have plenty of fish parts from farming exploiter for VOX standing

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

the valis mining challenge would be the main use case especially with some of the bugs that the cutter had the last time I used it. (I needed to swap to operator to spawn the ores for some reason they would not show up if I used melee or an ability while the cuter was out until I swapped to operator and back it was weird) also I have plenty of fish parts from farming exploiter for VOX standing

I've never come across that bug tbh tho this game has a million of them so it's no suprise. For the Vallis challenge I always find the caves are a much higher chance for the blue veins if you don't have a drop chance booster active. Usually just go to one of the bigger ones and it's done in minutes.

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I've never come across that bug tbh tho this game has a million of them so it's no suprise. For the Vallis challenge I always find the caves are a much higher chance for the blue veins if you don't have a drop chance booster active. Usually just go to one of the bigger ones and it's done in minutes.

odd I found the opposite but there are also rare ores to exist but they are rarer than some of the rare gems.