Jump to content

Why Passive Boosters on Fissure Endless but not Normal Endless?


Recommended Posts

I was doing Fissure Survival earlier and found myself wondering why this is. I'm at the point where I'll only do Survival if it's a fissure because... why not? Not only do I crack open relics, but I get extra stuff.

Has [DE] ever talked about why they keep it in that mode exclusively? It almost seems like a way to make regular content less appealing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The closest thing I can think of is that, because Fissure missions are higher levelled, they want to give you some bonus rewards as a consequence to dealing with the higher-levelled enemies.

 

Maybe I’m not explaining it correctly, but that’s what might be the reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Likely as an incentive for players to touch Void Relic content after they got all prime stuff.

sure, except for the fact we have to do rads for lichs thus always needing tracers....thus always needing to do void relic runs XD

but OT: makes me wonder IF the new steel path will give us the option for boosters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Likely as an incentive for players to touch Void Relic content after they got all prime stuff.

Yea except really pushing endurance so that your boosters are maximized and difficulty actually ramps up will risk a Trade Ban for 2 weeks because the anti-cheat in Warframe is worse than bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Yea except really pushing endurance so that your boosters are maximized and difficulty actually ramps up will risk a Trade Ban for 2 weeks because the anti-cheat in Warframe is worse than bad.

Do we know what the general cut off is on that? I've only heard of it being once you pass the 6 hour marks and nothing in the two to three areas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Do we know what the general cut off is on that? I've only heard of it being once you pass the 6 hour marks and nothing in the two to three areas.

It's based on rewards in a period of time I believe. I've heard of more than one instance of people being banned for just 2 or 3 hours of an Arbitration or Fissure due to Smeeta buffs and other things. I don't know how true this is either, but I've heard of some users triggering it from the Profit-Taker with many multipliers coming into play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's based on rewards in a period of time I believe. I've heard of more than one instance of people being banned for just 2 or 3 hours of an Arbitration or Fissure due to Smeeta buffs and other things. I don't know how true this is either, but I've heard of some users triggering it from the Profit-Taker with many multipliers coming into play.

Mmm aye, and I doubt they will tell us exactly given that the entire lock out stems from hackers originally manipulating reward data.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony is hilarious, because it exists, but survival is the most rare mode while being the most fun to me. Same with Arbitrations, to the point I play normal star chart survival instead because they're not active.

I wish we could make our own fissures and Arbitrations, RNG drives me to literal insanity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hippokrene said:

I was doing Fissure Survival earlier and found myself wondering why this is. I'm at the point where I'll only do Survival if it's a fissure because... why not? Not only do I crack open relics, but I get extra stuff.

Has [DE] ever talked about why they keep it in that mode exclusively? It almost seems like a way to make regular content less appealing.

 

Relics and Fissure system was created to replace the old Void key system, and in the old void key system there was an advantage for endurance mission in the form of being able to get the more reward the longer you stay, without spending another void key. (and this make a lot of people burned out with void tile set fatigue)

The relic system removed that advantage completely for endurance mission, so DE feel the need to add a different advantage for endurance fissure so that spamming capture fissure isn't the best method of opening relic for everybody (at least in the form of you can farm more void trace the longer you stay in endurance runs due to the resource boost)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because you spend relics in Endless Fissures and don't spend anything on Normal fissures.

If you don't spend relics, you don't get passive boosters in Endless Fissures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

Relics and Fissure system was created to replace the old Void key system, and in the old void key system there was an advantage for endurance mission in the form of being able to get the more reward the longer you stay, without spending another void key. (and this make a lot of people burned out with void tile set fatigue)

The relic system removed that advantage completely for endurance mission, so DE feel the need to add a different advantage for endurance fissure so that spamming capture fissure isn't the best method of opening relic for everybody (at least in the form of you can farm more void trace the longer you stay in endurance runs due to the resource boost)

This makes sense. It's porting over a legacy system to maintain a perceived reward from the void-key era.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...