Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Operator cosmetics would you like to see?

Zahnny

On 2021-01-15 at 8:49 AM, (PSN)Yggranya said:

I know this post is an old post, but this has to be said. When the operator could have spent time mastering their own powers, they instead just whined and whined any time someone (teshin) tried to help them, and still needed his help to achieve anything. Then some random mook on earth gave you an amp and told you that you'll have to work with 'em to get stronger, which is funny as the operator doesn't get better at fighting, just gets more/new stuff. I guess you could say the focus schools are what it's about, but that doesn't help you kill anything if you unequip the amp. A kiddo with S#&$ for brains will never master anything. I don't see how growing up would help.

Part of maturing and growing up would, I don't know, admit you were wrong? They're in their rebellious teen years. The War Within showed us starting down that path of maturing, learning our own power and beginning to grow. Sacrifice showed that our core strength of Transference comes from the tragic events that gave us those Void Powers, and our ability to sympathize due to our own experience with pain and anguish is our greatest strength when commanding the raw unruly powers of Warframes.

Right now the growth and evolution of Operators is stifled by development time. The Sacrifice effectively put a pause on the focus of Operators and instead pushed it towards the Sentient threat. DE now has to balance the Sentient threat, and the Operator's growth all at the same time, giving the Operator their growth and evolution through the hardships that is the Sentients and The New War. If you ask me, the event focused storytelling we're getting again really pisses me off because once again, we'll fall into that same issue that someone who came in now missed Scarlet Spear and thus missed a part of the New War. I still remember telling my friend who asked me what happened to being in debt a favor to Alad V after he completed the Sacrifice, "Oh don't worry about it. There was an event for it." He called that "Dumb and a waste because that's story just gone to the wind."

Point is, you're saying that Operators because they've acted entitled because they have the most powerful and versatile weapon in the system, what teenager wouldn't be entitled and act like a brat who doesn't need help when you're quite literally wielding a Warframe and its amazing arsenal of weapons and powers? War Within gave us a slap to the face that we aren't invincible. And hopefully they take this event and give us some more work afterwards on the idea that we need to grow outside our Warframes too because our enemies are starting to counter them.

• Like 4