The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's still using max rank Adaptation?

YazMatazO

Or how do you make your Warframe interesting for yourself?

Apart from using rank 5 Adaptation, apply no range mods to my melee weapons and focus almost entirely on single target weapons, I also use rank 0 Healing Return and rank 0 Magus Nourish. No pizzas equipped unless going Tridolons.  

I've also taken out the focus nodes for energy/energy regen. That way a dash takes away a 3d of the energy bar and I can't use a rank 0 Magus Nourish very effectively.

Interestingly - I quite enjoy rank 0 Magus Lockdown. It tethers only two targets for a 3d of an operator energy bar, so I have to be careful how I aim it and I can't spam it. I have to thin out groups of enemies first if I want to tether something more reliably, or be actually skilled. 

I don't play the likes of Inaros, Saryn, Octavia, Revenant, Wisp, ect. Even though I am a Trinity main(oof!) by most used frame, I play quite a lot of Volt and Mag. I particularly enjoy those two because they don't break the game in the same way that a lot of other frames do... yes, even Trinity. Volt has an immortality field worked in his kit, but it only blocks projectiles from a single side. Nades and those Corpus drone bombs, for example, still pass through. Mag also can block enemy projectiles but can't really remain immobile for long considering how I setup things. Both of them, really. I have to make use of all their skills - Mag's pull becomes so much more valuable. 

Going forward I will probably drop another rank of Adaptation and think on a Trinity build that doesn't use optimal strength for heals and DR. 

It simply is more fun playing that way. It's only too bad that DE doesn't work on their enemy design as much as they do on their cosmetics. 

So... how do you spice your WF for yourself?

Edited by YazMatazO

if the game didn't spam dozens of Trash Enemies as a chore for me to get rid of, maybe i'd think about it.
but if the game is going to spam low interest stuff, don't be surprised if i do the same thing back to vary degrees.

also instead of a low Rank Adaptation, perhaps you might want to consider Armor Mods instead. higher initial benefit but lower maximum benefit.

• Like 1

I don't even have Adaptation... Got bored trying to get it and haven't gone back to trying yet.

I usually forget I even have Restores, even though they're hot-keyed...

I don't think I ever picked up Lockdown either...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I'm.

I like my mods at max rank.

Most of them, most of the time.

Don't ask why.

47 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Apart from using rank 5 Adaptation, apply no range mods to my melee weapons and focus almost entirely on single target weapons, I also use rank 0 Healing Return and rank 0 Magus Nourish. No pizzas equipped unless going Tridolons.  

I've also taken out the focus nodes for energy/energy regen. That way a dash takes away a 3d of the energy bar and I can't use a rank 0 Magus Nourish very effectively.

Interestingly - I quite enjoy rank 0 Magus Lockdown. It tethers only two targets for a 3d of an operator energy bar, so I have to be careful how I aim it and I can't spam it. I have to thin out groups of enemies first if I want to tether something more reliably, or be actually skilled. 

I don't play the likes of Inaros, Saryn, Octavia, Revenant, Wisp, ect. Even though I am a Trinity main(oof!) by most used frame, I play quite a lot of Volt and Mag. I particularly enjoy those two because they don't break the game in the same way that a lot of other frames do... yes, even Trinity. Volt has an immortality field worked in his kit, but it only blocks projectiles from a single side. Nades and those Corpus drone bombs, for example, still pass through. Mag also can block enemy projectiles but can't really remain immobile for long considering how I setup things. Both of them, really. I have to make use of all their skills - Mag's pull becomes so much more valuable. 

Going forward I will probably drop another rank of Adaptation and think on a Trinity build that doesn't use optimal strength for heals and DR. 

It simply is more fun playing that I lúaway. It's only too bad that DE doesn't work on their enemy design as much as they do on their cosmetics. 

Neat, I'm gonna try some of this. Ive been playing a lot of liches ever since they came out, so I really liked old blood update and it's subsequent tweaks. Gonna partially rank up sone Adaptation mods and put those on some frames as well as change up some Magus arcanes.

The usual thing I do when i get bored is that I pick my most unused frame and weapon (between those that still I like tho) and try to make a good/fun build out of it. Also many times instead of focusing on min-maxing I try a build which actually could give me more variety in the gameplay, for example taking Mirage into account, making a build which focuses on her 2nd ability. 

Same with weapons. 

And if I'm out of ideas for warframe/weapons I try some activity I rarely do, and here we have plenty of choice: going on skateboard, railjack, hunting animals, fishing, playing lunaro, the framefighter, exploiter, profit taker and so on. Luckily the nightwaves are very good to let you rediscover forgotten content.

• Like 1

I use Health Conversion, Equilibrium and Naramon on my Khora with Synth modded pets. She's pretty tanky and I have to be smarter about energy use (and then you really start to notice when Whipclaw misses)!

I just play the game. If I'm not attentive at level 70+ then I could easily die. I've got nothing with a meta build, and I don't care to build for meta either. I'm content with what I have. My railjack is the only thing I was pressured to build stronger and stronger, until they did Railjack Revisited, which made enemies too weak in my opinion. They should crank ship damages like breaches and fires back up, and the fighters should be stronger than they are now. I don't find a need for any of the meta builds as of yet, but the new incoming hard mode seems to be much more interesting. If it pushes me to improve my builds, to improve my power strength and my defenses, I'll definitely be happy.

9 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

It simply is more fun playing that way. It's only too bad that DE doesn't work on their enemy design as much as they do on their cosmetics. 

That's awesome.  It's relatively rare to hear about people challenging themselves in games these days. 

As for me, I'm definitely not good enough for all that.  Challenging for me is playing Silence Banshee against rank 4 or 5 liches with electricity element.   If I can solo that without any deaths, I feel pretty good.  

(I'm not sure why, but the electric procs inflicted by liches seem to hit really hard compared to other procs.)

• Like 1

I still haven't unlocked arbitrations (most of them are dark sector nodes that no one plays, the rest are a couple Derelict nodes, a couple Lua nodes, and a couple Sedna nodes) so I decided "#*!% it" and bought the cheapest copy I could find off of Warframe Market

• Like 1

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

also instead of a low Rank Adaptation, perhaps you might want to consider Armor Mods instead. higher initial benefit but lower maximum benefit.

That's not bad, but using lower rank Adaptation presents a different problem. Initially the hits hurt, you still climb to 90 % DR, albeit slower and you remain there less long. That combined with the lower healing input makes it much more engaging. In other words - it has lower a floor but a higher ceiling. 

13 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

So calling budget builds interesting?

And by extension ''optimised'' builds boring. 

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah no... Even if I didnt need those Gear to survive I would use them anyway just to make this activity significantly less Frustrating...

This reads as though you're frustrated with WF at all times?...

12 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

By making the best Warframes possible? Why would I cripple myself when I can wipe the map?

More power to you, of course. The second bit comes across as a bit more defensive than it should, methinks. 

11 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

Neat, I'm gonna try some of this. Ive been playing a lot of liches ever since they came out, so I really liked old blood update and it's subsequent tweaks. Gonna partially rank up sone Adaptation mods and put those on some frames as well as change up some Magus arcanes.

Glad I could give a good idea. 

7 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

When I get bored with warframe... I go play something else. 😅 (No special gymnastics needed, and it's better.)

It's precisely playing so many other games that made me want more out of WF. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Not everyone's as elite or adept as others. *cough cough*

Implying I am ''elite'' or boasting? I am not ;).

Will not use it but I do enjoy Rolling Guard. Something about using agility of the frames to get added immunity time is pretty much my way of playing. 

I use the Void Demon power that heals and gives a bit of invulnerable time as well. Find it fun with the Extractor missions. I am attempting to break the bad habit of using the Void Demon to revive others as it feels....wrong.

I have a Pac Man Volt that I use to break containers and run around shocking to death enemies. I use a low duration Trinity to Energy Vamp when I do pubs to allow others to not worry about power or shields. I have a Firelord Nezha that uses all fire weapons and keeps the heat on with his 1 and teleporting ring of fire.

There are many others and will keep doing variety builds instead of what we already know works. I just made a kitgun that is made for COLD....needs some work but it is fun to use. Going to attempt a Radiation one that does low damage but long rad proc to watch the enemies fight amongst themselves without using Nyx. 

Cheers 🥂