The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's still using max rank Adaptation?

YazMatazO

23 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Will not use it but I do enjoy Rolling Guard. Something about using agility of the frames to get added immunity time is pretty much my way of playing. 

I use the Void Demon power that heals and gives a bit of invulnerable time as well. Find it fun with the Extractor missions. I am attempting to break the bad habit of using the Void Demon to revive others as it feels....wrong.

I have a Pac Man Volt that I use to break containers and run around shocking to death enemies. I use a low duration Trinity to Energy Vamp when I do pubs to allow others to not worry about power or shields. I have a Firelord Nezha that uses all fire weapons and keeps the heat on with his 1 and teleporting ring of fire.

There are many others and will keep doing variety builds instead of what we already know works. I just made a kitgun that is made for COLD....needs some work but it is fun to use. Going to attempt a Radiation one that does low damage but long rad proc to watch the enemies fight amongst themselves without using Nyx. 

Cheers 🥂

I’m probably a “textbook” dedicated casual.

For me it’s about getting potatoes on every single new weapon/frame I try, pushing further with Forma if I like it, and then seeing how much personal and squad-synergy mayhem I can cause with buffs, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

This reads as though you're frustrated with WF at all times?...

No it doesnt, it reads as I have written it, Only the Activity Frsutrates me all the time... Other Activities in Warframe are alot more fun... 

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't.

I play games for what they are, not what I need to turn them into to make them interesting. 

Me too. Although if I ask you ''What is Warframe?'' you'll reply ''Whatever one makes it to be.''

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No it doesnt

This contradicts this -

it reads as I have written it

And this - 

Only the Activity Frsutrates me all the time... Other Activities in Warframe are alot more fun... 

doesn't really make any sense to me. 

Better sentence structure, please.

I don't have that mod, and if I did, I probably couldn't afford to max it. I still haven't cleared the star chart.

Therefore, I propose this: Give me all your stuff.

If I have all your stuff, I'll have all the cool things that make the game easier, which will be fun for me. You will not have those things, so the game will be challenging, which is fun for you.

Win-win!

You have a kitty? I don't have a kitty - Give me stuff.

You have arcanes? I don't have arcanes. - Give me stuff.

You have magnus? Don't know what that is. - Give me stuff.

Pizzas? Still don't know what that is. - Give me stuff.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Le 27/06/2020 à 22:08, YazMatazO a dit :

It simply is more fun playing that way. It's only too bad that DE doesn't work on their enemy design as much as they do on their cosmetics. 

So... how do you spice your WF for yourself?

Ey.
I go solo Stark naked, no operator, no abilities if the objective mission doesn't require killing.
If killing is needed, I get enough gear to deal damage and I remove defense mods.

On more rare occasions I would do these missions with no mods at all mostly as an experiment or challenge. Since these tend to take longer to complete I don't do that often.
These days I tend to play utility builds for my warframes, mostly to make me use movement and parkour more and not rely on defense mods.

For now I'm playing with Protea, her Temporal Anchor can be used in many different ways, love it.

Edited by STUVash

On 2020-06-27 at 3:08 PM, YazMatazO said:

Apart from using rank 5 Adaptation, apply no range mods to my melee weapons and focus almost entirely on single target weapons, I also use rank 0 Healing Return and rank 0 Magus Nourish

Adaptation is nice but you can bypass this now with the augur mods which replenish your shields and causes you to gain in vulnerability phases. It's a mod only if a play is not interesting in managing shield gating. 

If you are using rank 0 Healing Return and no range... there is really no reason to equip it. You may only be healing 5-10 health when enemies are doing 25-1000 damage per hit depending on level of content. I'd just use a different way to heal.

But I do see your point. The content is too easy. Well from what I've seen Hard mode makes nuke frames a joke now because they don't scale at high levels. Which was exactly what we needed. Kill Saryn and Mesa mains. Those two break low level mission as how Old Ember did on levels 30 and under.

I've actually ran sortiea with weapons having no mods equipped. Only mods on frame to keep me alive

Edited by kwlingo

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Adaptation is nice but you can bypass this now with the augur mods which replenish your shields and causes you to gain in vulnerability phases. It's a mod only if a play is not interesting in managing shield gating. 

If you are using rank 0 Healing Return and no range... there is really no reason to equip it. You may only be healing 5-10 health when enemies are doing 25-1000 damage per hit depending on level of content. I'd just use a different way to heal.

But I do see your point. The content is too easy. Well from what I've seen Hard mode makes nuke frames a joke now because they don't scale at high levels. Which was exactly what we needed. Kill Saryn and Mesa mains. Those two break low level mission as how Old Ember did on levels 30 and under.

I've actually ran sortiea with weapons having no mods equipped. Only mods on frame to keep me alive

The idea for the Augur set seems good on first glance, but I'm afraid it might fall too quickly in just a rinse and repeat Mesa type of thing. Why don't you give it a try and tell me how it works. 

I don't agree that there's no reason to equip rank 0 Healing return :). The game is a bit different then. Essentially you have to be mindful of enemy attrition and you have to use more cc, which is available from weapons and warframe abilities to make sure that every bit of health you regain is a net positive. Jumping between several enemies to cc then with no-range-melee-weapon combos is quite fun. 

I will be soloing the Hard mode with exactly those setups and I will be using Mag, Volt and Ember. I won't even allow me some Trinity or Nidus :). I also consider Vauban to be pretty fun, but sadly don't have him forma'd.  

Depending on the weapon I suppose no mods is doable. At the moment I am working on my MK1 Braton, Afuris, Dual Skana loadout. I don't expect it to be Sortie-viable without mods ;). 

Edited by YazMatazO

4 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

The idea for the Augur set seems good on first glance, but I'm afraid it might fall too quickly in just a rinse and repeat Mesa type of thing. Why don't you give it a try and tell me how it works. 

If you look at lots of high level runs on YouTube and builds. Players are using the shield gating to stay alive by using the passive on Augur mods.

I make broframe builds centered around both being self sufficient & powerful, as well as always being enjoyable to play with on a rando squad.

There are certain abilities that everyone really enjoys. There are lots of abilities that tend to be more annoying and less enjoyable than anything else.

In survivals, I have a spin2win Naramon with a Vitality, Health Conversion, Equilibrium, and Adaptation tank.
This is a surprisingly tanky build from long ago.

Everyone loves Desecrate in survival, but Shadows of the Dead can be quite annoying, so I don't use it.

In non-arbitration Defenses, I have a Resonance Sonar Banshee build that is always a crowd pleaser.
Where surviving the mission is not a concern I usually don't use Silence because it can be quite annoying, but Sonar is always appreciated.

I generally just like to play in ways which enhances the enjoyment of everyone.

12 hours ago, kwlingo said:

If you look at lots of high level runs on YouTube and builds. Players are using the shield gating to stay alive by using the passive on Augur mods.

Oof... watching WF content on youtube is like pulling teeth without anaesthesia😄. I'll pass.

So it's just essentially press button, I am invincible, 2 seconds later press button again, I am invincible... I think it could work well if you remove Zenurik Dash and play it on non loot frames which don't have ways of restoring their own energy.