Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Riven Mods Should Have Been

Futeki_VI

1. Reroll Cost with a checkbox for if you want 2+ only or 2+ 1- or 3+ only or 3+ 1-: 2+: 75 Kuva; 2+ 1-: 100 Kuva; 3+: 125 Kuva; 3+ 1-: 150 Kuva (always).
2. Stats: instead of yet another luck factor with you getting or stronger stats or weaker stats (example with 3+ 1- Nikana Prime Riven: or you will get 69.5% Melee Damage or 84.9% Melee Damage and anything in between those two numbers), all stats will begin at extremely low values and will be upgraded with or Kuva or Kuva, Endo and Credits (Devs can decide) (example with the same: 30% Melee Damage, can be upgraded up to 84.9% (or maybe more).
3. Upgrading and Cost: instead of 8 levels, or 10 levels that can cost up to 100 000 Kuva (that much if the Devs still want it to overall require a lot of Kuva, because with the "luck" system they have right now, you might need or 7000 Kuva or up to 100 000+ Kuva (I got 50+ rerolls and got nothing)) or more levels than that, up to them to decide.
3-1. Possible Upgrade Ideas: upgrading can work almost the same way as Ranking up Weapons or Warframes, with Affinity. Weapons require 450 000 Affinity to get from Rank 0 to 30, a Riven can require or less than or the same as or more than that, but after every Rank up, in order to get to the next Rank, you need to upgrade it before that, using Kuva or whatever it might cost. Or it might not even require you to use Kuva to upgrade, it can just work the same way as Weapons or Warframes and only require you to Rank it up using Affinity, but there will or 50 Ranks to go through or maybe 100 or maybe even more than that.

Personally, I hate to have "Luck" as the enemy I have to face in order progress in any game, which is unfortunately the entire Riven Mod system. This way, the Devs will still have this "Luck" system in the game, but it will be much less punishing, which is how games should work: hard because of difficulty, not hard because it requires luck to get this one Perfect Riven, which can cost a disgusting amount.

18 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Rivens should not have existed in the first place.
DE made rivens for RNG time sink and to "shift" weapon balance out of their "to-do" list.

I havent played the game since the beginning so that I know if they should have existed or not, but I love the idea behind them and I do believe that it wont be that hard to make them something much more player friendly and not so luck dependent. They are one of those things in games that is basically the last step of improvement before you reach the end (something after you are almost completely maxed out with which you can play around and Rank it up a whole lot) and the only other way to improve more is to wait for an update or an increase to the levels of the Rivens. Like Corruption in World of Warcraft, you think of it after you have reached maxed level and after a little bit of Dungeoning or with the leveling like with The Heart of Azeroth (Again from WoW), which has no level cap but after a couple of levels (once you have gotten all of the bonuses you get while leveling (level 85+)) requires a big amount of its own recourse in order to level it up more.

40 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Rivens should not have existed in the first place.
DE made rivens for RNG time sink and to "shift" weapon balance out of their "to-do" list.

They shouldnt have existed the way they are, at the very least. The layers of RNG would be tolerable to me if it wasn't for the fact that a riven you spent hours and hours to get a decent roll on could get nerfed into oblivion, or not, based on usage. 

Just now, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

They shouldnt have existed the way they are, at the very least. The layers of RNG would be tolerable to me if it wasn't for the fact that a riven you spent hours and hours to get a decent roll on could get nerfed into oblivion, or not, based on usage. 

Not that they are really giving a damn about the "usage"

(examples: Gram Prime - Highest Damage, 3rd Highest Range, Highest Crit Chance, Highest Crit Damage and Highest Status Chance from all Heavy Blades (only Attack Speed is low (thankfully)), still Riven Disposition 4 (1.25)

Ninkondi Prime: Extremely High Melee Damage, Pretty Good Range, Really Good Attack Speed, Really Good Crit Chance (22%) with Really Good Crit Damage (2.4) and with these stats so far ... has Status Chance of 36% and ofc has Riven Disposition of .... yet again 4 (1.25)

1 hour ago, peshoduvkata133 said:

Not that they are really giving a damn about the "usage"

(examples: Gram Prime - Highest Damage, 3rd Highest Range, Highest Crit Chance, Highest Crit Damage and Highest Status Chance from all Heavy Blades (only Attack Speed is low (thankfully)), still Riven Disposition 4 (1.25)

Ninkondi Prime: Extremely High Melee Damage, Pretty Good Range, Really Good Attack Speed, Really Good Crit Chance (22%) with Really Good Crit Damage (2.4) and with these stats so far ... has Status Chance of 36% and ofc has Riven Disposition of .... yet again 4 (1.25)

they are good but not used. That's the difference. 

Just now, Cloud said:

not in my experience. Have you data on that?

I have the data on how many rivens for the weapons are in active circulation via third party apps and they are both in the high circulations. I mean sure, you can wave a stick at that with "but the data from third party sites is not De confirmed (true)", "just because the rivens are changing hands does not mean they are the most used (also true)"  and so on. 

However, this is the only effective data we have. The overall usage data is also tilted due to multiple death accounts. Even DE still report Loki at MR 1, even though it has been more than half a decade since he has been removed as starter option.

That Kuva Slot machine is like an addiction to me, I hate it yet I still waste my life on it lol Kinda sad that D.E hasn't changed it after all this time considering they yanked the pet color slot machine when they saw that it can be seen as predatory/a bit evil. That was a solid good guy move, would love to see something like that happen again but my hopes aren't high for it.  

It takes too much of your time and then wastes all that invested time with usually meh to okay-ish rolls, godly to awesome rolls are a rarity at best. It's just not worth it but it's like that phrase from the Godfather every time you get a riven as a Sortie reward xD

godfather-2.gif

• Like 1