Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened With Hot Topics?

Rettycombine

"Weekly posts and answers about some of the hottest community topics"

Seems to me that this is exactly what is needed right now.

Since the last update, and the following absolute silence from DE (aside from the gentle sound of threads being locked) the community is in pretty bad shape.

The veterans can't be bothered logging in for more fun key farming to farm keys, let alone farm for that one last mod they need (which may or may not still drop from that enemy!)

The new players want to play, but feel like they now have an even more impossible wall to catch up, and are in the same boat regarding mod drops, and don't even know where to start the long grind to get keys and then the second grind for more keys and still just can't seem to invite each other to groups unless that one guy is on who can actually invite everyone to the same group.

They tried PUG groups but it is a pain in the &#! trying to keep a group together when everyone gets kicked after a run. Aside from that half of them can't host so they can't contribute with keys and feel bad cause they are leeching but actually want to help.

If only they could form a group and then one person picks a key to use and the group goes in, and then the group remains after the mission ends, and someone else uses a key. Maybe the first person to do the invites is designated the host. That way the person with the best PC/internet could just keep hosting.

But alas, none of these things are happening.

Tomorrow we will all check for a new patch / update, and hopefully there will be lots of bugfixes and changes that help players, like information on where to go to find that specific mod or BP, maybe changes tot he way keys work, or removal of keys altogether!

But it won't be like that.

There will be new melee weapons, massively overpowered no doubt and requiring Forma to build, The BP will drop from the Derelict vaults only, diluting the drop table for the Corrupted mods. Fieldron and Detonite will be moved to Orokin Void maps exclusively.

New twice-corrupted dragon keys will be introduced, which require BPs from the Derelict Vault and a forma to build, but will remove the penalty of carrying the key. These keys will be consumed on use.

New clan-tech weapons will be introduced, requiring Mastery Rank 10 to build, and require 5 forma, but will turn out to be a re-skinned Gorgon, Machete, Dual Ether Daggers and Boar that have slightly higher stats, but are still not as good as the Soma, Strun Wraith or Orthos.

Assassination missions will now be locked after 5 runs in a 24hr period. This is to balance the guaranteed BP drop as a mission reward. This can be reset using a forma.

Damage caps now on all bosses. Enemies over level 90 also considered as bosses and damage caps apply. This can be removed using a "Damage Multiplier Artifact" which can be researched but requires 5 twice-corrupted dragon keys and 5 forma. Has 50 charges (missions) before it is used up.

Ahhh god, I could keep going, but I am depressing myself.

The silence from DE on the recent direction of the game are only fanning the communities fears, and it would be in DE's best interest to make a statement and start actually communicating and not just acknowledge how important communication is and then simply not.

Becca and Megan have been pretty busy lately, so they've kinda fallen behind on those.

Technically you can count on the ladies to cover most of what they'd say in a Hot Topics thread on Warframe Prime Time streams - so information is still flowing, just in a different place.

Becca and Megan have been pretty busy lately, so they've kinda fallen behind on those.

Technically you can count on the ladies to cover most of what they'd say in a Hot Topics thread on Warframe Prime Time streams - so information is still flowing, just in a different place.

Is there a thread that also disseminates the information revealed in the Prime Time stream?

I just tried to watch it and... well it is over an hour long, and i just don't think I am in the target demographic.

I found the forum threads, but there was no actual recap of information (that I could see)

Also, watching what is essentially a "Lets Play Warframe" PR video isn't a discussion or even an interaction with the community, which I think is what people are desperate for - the community is very concerned with the direction of the game, and the recent updates, while they had a lot of positive fixes, also had a lot of negative changes that undermine what, at its core, a fun game to play.

You mention they have been busy - but the only action that is visible to a lot of forum users is locked threads. Certainly if they just post in General Discussion - which a lot of people do.

Even something as simple as a "DE Tracker" that collates all DE Staff posts on these forums into one easy to find feed.

I don't know if you have ever tried to look at a users posts - but as a non admin user, i can see maybe the last 4 or 5 posts and that is it. 

So unless i go searching through threads hunting for DE posts, I don't see any.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't look hard enough at the user profiles.

For everyone wondering, the 'Reputation" tab actually contains a paged list of posts the user has received Rep for, which appears to be most posts (assuming the poster has received at least one "Lonely Green Up Arrow")

Edited by Kinderghast

When?  They've only done two but they didn't touch on one community issue last week, and the first week was only things already covered in the livestream.  In fact, I'm pretty sure prime time is explicitly NOT for covering community questions and topics.

I figured this was just an oversight because of the holiday.  If it's going to be policy for DE going forward not to address the community when it doesn't like what DE is doing, then I think that's nail-in-the-coffin for the future of warframe.

Presumably, they've been busy. I'm gonna trust Blatant on this one since he has a bit more of a pipeline to Rebecca/Megan than most users.

Still... The fact that they've been this quiet and/or busy lately makes me wonder what they're planning... I guess we'll find out sometime over the next 72 hours. Either some kind of update, or some big announcement on either of the two streams...

They do have a life........and also they should be preparing for their console launch also.......that's a big career life changing event...something consumers wouldn't know....only assume........pretty sure all of this will be fixed........the warframe tide is just on the negative side right now

Edited by Ishki88

They do have a life........and also they should be preparing for their console launch also.......that's a big career life changing event...something consumers wouldn't know....only assume........pretty sure all of this will be fixed........the warframe tide is just on the negative side right now

Are you dense? They're not doing their job as producers. There's not going to be any consumers left if they continue at this rate.

They have a LIFE but they also have a JOB. Something I'm sure idiots "wouldn't know".

Edited by Aishi

Because if Rebecca or Megan made a Hot Topics thread, they'd be describing all the dev bashing going on the forums and have to detail it, which is against forum rules. 

There hasn't actually been much "dev bashing"

There have been a lot of worried players expressing concern, sometimes quite passionately, about recent changes to the game, and the lack of any actual communication from the devs surrounding those decisions.

This coming less than a month since The Apology (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110474-an-apology/), which said:

<snip> 

We never intend our changes to adversely affect our players.  For many months you have watched Warframe evolve with us and we have formed a close relationship with our players that we hope never changes.  When we screw up, we take responsibility and try to make up for it.  

<snip>

Emphasis in the above quote is mine.

But you should read the whole apology post, now that the drop tables and rewards are obfuscated, and ask the following question -

"Have they fixed the issue, or simply removed any way for the community to call them out on it in the future"

And then maybe think why people are worried, because that isn't the solution a developer would choose, if they made a mistake.

That is the solution a PR manager would choose, if they got caught out trying to boost Forma sales by lowering drop rates.

And as a veteran player, and someone who has supported this game for a long time now, this scares the hell out of me (if true)

But, that is just idle speculation, and doesn't really contribute to the conversation in this thread (though it might explain the silence)

And idle speculation will continue about things such as these, as long as DE remain silent and continue to release updates that seem completely at odds with the past direction of the game.

Certainly, If i were a brand new player, I would not even consider becoming a founder, yet back in the day I think i had played maybe a few hours before i gladly showed my support by doing that very thing.

Food for thought, perhaps.

"Weekly posts and answers about some of the hottest community topics"

Seems to me that this is exactly what is needed right now.

Since the last update, and the following absolute silence from DE (aside from the gentle sound of threads being locked) the community is in pretty bad shape.

The veterans can't be bothered logging in for more fun key farming to farm keys, let alone farm for that one last mod they need (which may or may not still drop from that enemy!)

The new players want to play, but feel like they now have an even more impossible wall to catch up, and are in the same boat regarding mod drops, and don't even know where to start the long grind to get keys and then the second grind for more keys and still just can't seem to invite each other to groups unless that one guy is on who can actually invite everyone to the same group.

They tried PUG groups but it is a pain in the &amp;#&#33; trying to keep a group together when everyone gets kicked after a run. Aside from that half of them can't host so they can't contribute with keys and feel bad cause they are leeching but actually want to help.

If only they could form a group and then one person picks a key to use and the group goes in, and then the group remains after the mission ends, and someone else uses a key. Maybe the first person to do the invites is designated the host. That way the person with the best PC/internet could just keep hosting.

But alas, none of these things are happening.

Tomorrow we will all check for a new patch / update, and hopefully there will be lots of bugfixes and changes that help players, like information on where to go to find that specific mod or BP, maybe changes tot he way keys work, or removal of keys altogether!

But it won't be like that.

There will be new melee weapons, massively overpowered no doubt and requiring Forma to build, The BP will drop from the Derelict vaults only, diluting the drop table for the Corrupted mods. Fieldron and Detonite will be moved to Orokin Void maps exclusively.

New twice-corrupted dragon keys will be introduced, which require BPs from the Derelict Vault and a forma to build, but will remove the penalty of carrying the key. These keys will be consumed on use.

New clan-tech weapons will be introduced, requiring Mastery Rank 10 to build, and require 5 forma, but will turn out to be a re-skinned Gorgon, Machete, Dual Ether Daggers and Boar that have slightly higher stats, but are still not as good as the Soma, Strun Wraith or Orthos.

Assassination missions will now be locked after 5 runs in a 24hr period. This is to balance the guaranteed BP drop as a mission reward. This can be reset using a forma.

Damage caps now on all bosses. Enemies over level 90 also considered as bosses and damage caps apply. This can be removed using a "Damage Multiplier Artifact" which can be researched but requires 5 twice-corrupted dragon keys and 5 forma. Has 50 charges (missions) before it is used up.

Ahhh god, I could keep going, but I am depressing myself.

The silence from DE on the recent direction of the game are only fanning the communities fears, and it would be in DE's best interest to make a statement and start actually communicating and not just acknowledge how important communication is and then simply not.

Locked more threads. Added more content. Added thicker grind wall. Zzzzzz.