Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Bullet Jump from Conclave

(PSN)Dredgen_Vor

Wanna make PVP balanced? Remove Bullet Jumping. I’m sure you thought of this before but if Warframes can prance about with no time lag like a cockroach in heat don’t even think about how we’re supposed to aim at tryhards like that. If everyone has equal movement it’s more about skill gap than people spamming the the destiny equivalent of “blink” all across the map. 

But everyone already has equal movement in the current build. The only differences made are via the ehp-mobility balance depending on your Warframe choice. Its up to you if you wanna go deep into movement cancels or be more stationary to focus on your aim. And no I don't think that taking out Warframe's signature move, the bulletjump, would make much sense at all. The balance problems Conclave has at the moment stem from (by now) almost 3 years of neglect from the developers, while lots of pve changes bleeded over unbalanced.

In my experience, bullet-jumping is fine - you get used to leading your shots just like any movement in any other shooter - it's the animation (and sometimes momentum) cancelling that makes things a tad nuts.

Also the difference between sprint speed and parkour speed could be narrowed by ... quite a lot. Not just in PvP either.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

Wanna make PVP balanced? Remove Bullet Jumping. I’m sure you thought of this before but if Warframes can prance about with no time lag like a cockroach in heat don’t even think about how we’re supposed to aim at tryhards like that. If everyone has equal movement it’s more about skill gap than people spamming the the destiny equivalent of “blink” all across the map. 

The thing about bullet jumping is that it's not actually that hard to track. Of course, like any PvP game you won't be able to track it at first, it takes practice! If your only experience is tracking the super clumsy grineer, then you'll obviously have a hard time tracking a Tenno. When I first started conclave, I couldn't hit anybody because I hadn't yet developed the instincts from practicing. 

Now, I'm a "tryhard" as you say. I can predict opponent's bullet jumps and hit them quite reliably. It took time and effort, like it's supposed to. I had been fooled by the PvE of Warframe into thinking that I was "good" at Warframe before trying conclave. Boy was I wrong. Don't be fooled, you can learn this too!

There are some movements that are still hard for me to predict and track: Slams with roll cancel, slide attacks in air, bullet jump wall resets, side rolls, most melee combos. I'm working on getting better so I can overcome these challenges too, I find this challenge pretty fun!

3 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

The thing about bullet jumping is that it's not actually that hard to track. Of course, like any PvP game you won't be able to track it at first, it takes practice! If your only experience is tracking the super clumsy grineer, then you'll obviously have a hard time tracking a Tenno. When I first started conclave, I couldn't hit anybody because I hadn't yet developed the instincts from practicing. 

Now, I'm a "tryhard" as you say. I can predict opponent's bullet jumps and hit them quite reliably. It took time and effort, like it's supposed to. I had been fooled by the PvE of Warframe into thinking that I was "good" at Warframe before trying conclave. Boy was I wrong. Don't be fooled, you can learn this too!

There are some movements that are still hard for me to predict and track: Slams with roll cancel, slide attacks in air, bullet jump wall resets, side rolls, most melee combos. I'm working on getting better so I can overcome these challenges too, I find this challenge pretty fun!

Nah I’m rank 4 I’ve played conclave alot but majority of my kills were boots on the ground,gun standoffs not me and my opponent trying to outmaneuver each other by dodging bullets. Since streaks don’t exist in game and I only play for completing bounties.Chasing opponents gets old real fast dude. I honestly had more fun in Annihilation and Cephalon Capture working together with teammates than having a DBZ battle around the tileset.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

Nah I’m rank 4 I’ve played conclave alot but majority of my kills were boots on the ground,gun standoffs not me and my opponent trying to outmaneuver each other by dodging bullets. Since streaks don’t exist in game and I only play for completing bounties.Chasing opponents gets old real fast dude. I honestly had more fun in Annihilation and Cephalon Capture working together with teammates than having a DBZ battle around the tileset.

Fair enough, not everybody likes mobility based games. Personally I find the mobility system very fun, unique, and interesting.

I do want to add:

Hey, you know that idea that's floated around before of custom servers (and server browsers) that have options to turn things on or off or otherwise vary aspects of the game? That could be really useful for things like this, where some people might prefer something slower-paced and some might prefer faster paces and those two groups can make their servers and have fun.

I don't mind the bullet jumping quite so much, but it'd be nice to see how the game feels without it, and still have the ability to go back if it turns out it doesn't do it for me.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

I mean... we had way enough cases of ppl who ignored the mobility part of Warframe, took a tank and hard focused on their aim and still were competing tremendoulsy good on equal performance. The balance system of Conclave from DEJoebuck is hella good! (Just the things that broke during the past 3 years of neglect need a fix)

You might find it weird to shoot at Warframes and all their capabilities at first, but shooter skills definitely carry over to Conclave! It just needs a bit of getting used to the move sets. It really surprises me every time how fast newcomers can catch up if they are a bit dedicated and ask for advice, sparring, etc...

Archived