Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if we can make a normal mod into a flawed mod?

CuriousCanidae

It's like a really weird idea that most people would find next to no meaning to. Though, for the niche our there, I wish this was a thing.

For example, if you have a mod, likely any mod at rank 0 (likely not for Rivens, Amalgams, Umbrals, Sets, Auras, Exilus, etc) you can go to the mods and smack it (maybe literally) to make it flawed and untradeable.

While this likely has no point, most flawed mods DO have more power than a non-flawed mod when they are at the same capacity.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Serration

Is a big example. A 5 cost flawed Serration has +40% damage while a 5 cost Serration has +30% damage.

These can be pretty fun to fit around in some builds, or for a lot of newbies (like, come on this game does have newbies) to play around with. Heck, even an experienced player who just Forma-ed a weapon could use it to some extent (unless they are MR20+). People could use them to play in solo as a challenge. People could use them to make up a trial build for a frame they don't want to potato yet but want the mods on them.

For example, I luckily have flawed Streamline, Flow, Stretch, and Continuity and can fit them all into a rank 30 non-potatoed frame and try them out and feel how they perform. I would honestly love a flawed Intensify so I can have the leisure of the full(?) flawed basic ability set. A flawed vitality also sounds really lovely so I can enjoy some health boost without needing to stick the rank 10 one in. I actually do run my non-potatoed Nezaha this way when I play solo and want to play with him, but don't want to potato because his prime is so near.

It can also maybe(?) satisfy the need of those people who have OCD and want to collect all the old flawed mods but now utterly impossible due to them becoming untradeable.

It can also provide as a placeholder for some people who want to make their builds earlier, and change the flawed mods into the non-flawed mods.

The problem / tradeoff? Eh... I guess the game could get a bit bigger. Maybe by a few dozen MBs from all the needed images.

Edited by CuriousCanidae
Translation problems.