Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok suffered a lot with Gas nerf

Seriguela

Sorry, it's just me, a player with many hours of play, crying because his gun was nerfed to the ground.

Yeah, I'm frustrated and here is the place to post information about weapons so I think I have my right (sorry for such crybaby post)

When I found the gas + damage faction combo pretty useful, Javlok was literally my most used primary weapon in the game. I liked use that fire stick. We are talk about Arca Plasmor/ Catchmoon/ Ignis meta times. The corrosive nerfed build still manages to make a good performance (except you Maining, u are dead), but gas literally can't kill anything at high levels, when I say that I say even corpus doesn't die anymore.

Javlok had a lot of problems to be a good weapon such as: Low base damage, low critical chance, semi-automatic (which takes a lot of the status value) and small area of radial damage. An invested riven could solve some problems and a gas + damage faction build could compensate for the lack of damage. What made it an acceptable weapon after so much investment. Now this build is no longer viable on almost any ranged weapon (melee weapon can even do something) and Javlok can no longer shine with good area damage.

With a corrosive / viral build, javlok currently manages to fall very well with enemies with low armor or none (corpus). Start increasing the amount of armor and you will see this weapon sneeze at enemies. Your area damage is naturally small, but the gas made up for that point. Now we have a weapon that is only viable on occasions when any weapon is also, that is, without any power.

I expect some modification there or better versions of these niche weapons that were very weak with these nerfs.

And I am frustrated. Congrats! And thanks if you read everything! Stay healthy: v

Cheek this video that shows old Gas build  performace in Javlok:

• Like 1

some quick things that would help a lot - higher Crit Chance to not be so inconsistent for something with a low effective Rate of Fire, and reduce the Falloff (since this Weapon has about equivalent Damage to a Penta but shoots like 1/4 the speed, why does it have significant Falloff).

I had the same experience with the Secura Penta (using Napalm Greades), the nerf to Gas and explosions made my previous setup atrociously bad - I literally had to land headshots to kill anything, defeating the point of using explosives in the first place.

The weapon still kills things when swapping Gas for Viral though.

Unless you can reliably hit multiple enemies per shot, without noticeable damage falloff, Gas is always inferior to just Heat. My Arca Plasmor kills large groups of Infested slightly better using Gas than using Heat, against a single Ancient Healer however (and pretty much anything else), Heat is much better.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I literally had to land headshots to kill anything, defeating the point of using explosives in the first place.

Unless you can reliably hit multiple enemies per shot, without noticeable damage falloff,

This must be why I haven't really noticed a decrease in performance of my preferred weapon the Daikyu. Because I'm pretty much always going for headshots.  What did happen was that it got a buff in utility with lingering AoE cloud while losing the ability to go through shields like it previously did.

10 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This must be why I haven't really noticed a decrease in performance of my preferred weapon the Daikyu.

You may also use a build that would be considered bad for Gas on another weapon (since you probably use the Daikyu Amalgam mod). If you merely use the Heat and Toxin 60/60 mods, you only lose a 60% damage bonus compared to before. Other weapons would scale the proc with 2 elemental mods (preferably a primed one, plus a riven), all of which has no effect anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

You may also use a build that would be considered bad for Gas on another weapon (since you probably use the Daikyu Amalgam mod). If you merely use the Heat and Toxin 60/60 mods, you only lose a 60% damage bonus compared to before. Other weapons would scale the proc with 2 elemental mods (preferably a primed one, plus a riven), all of which has no effect anymore.

I always use dual stat elemental mods in my builds.  Mostly because I go the hybrid crit/status route.  I found out a long time ago that status procs scale from Crit Damage, Stealth and Headshot bonuses.  That's something the 90% mods just didn't give as they didn't/don't boost status proc chance.  

I was more frustrated with the Amalgam Javlok mod change.
Killed a perfectly unique build and made it into such a boring one.

Then again, seeing the recent changes in status chance and everything become viral, I guess that's DE intents these days.
Killing diversity.

• Like 1