(PS4)RipTide438

"An updated version of Warframe is now availalbe" PS4 issue (Fixed)

It’s been happening to me as well.  I gave up on the game, I’ll get back on it Tuesday when the update comes out.  

Posted (edited)

Been having this for a couple days myself, it messes up matchmaking as well, and forces me to close out of the game and hope it doesnt cause the problem again.  Its getting rather irritating. This has been on my ps4 account

Edited by GeneralGrey017

Been getting this too, every time i finish a mission i have to restart my damn game and its wasting my booster from the booster pack! i hope they refund my hours ffs...

I keep losing all my rewards. Then a box saying there is a new version of warframe. This has-been happening since Friday.  Alot of my friends that play are on the east coast of USA are saying the same thing.

I as well as most of my clan/alliance mates have been having the same issue. Seems to happen when playing missions. I sat in trade chat for several hrs and didn't get the popup. As soon as I started doing missions again, I was getting the network not responding > "there is a new version of warframe available" issue. I'm pretty sure this would be impossible at this point, but is there anyway that tomorrows update will fix this issue @[DE]Danielle?

Im facing the same issue too...going on for 2 days so far...

Luckily I havent lost any important rewards......YET

Tried restarting my ps4 tons of times but i still keep getting notifications..

Hope it gets solved soon..

🤞🤞

It says I have to update the game then restart it even though there's no updates to install. And even after I restart the game, things look normal for a while and then the same thing will happen. 

Lost way too many trades because I can't invite or join missions when "there's an update available". If anyone has a fix please let me know

Day 3 of this networking issue and false update error, its getting worse for me, have to restart the game after nearly every mission.  Host migrations auto fail and all clients lose everything since it says the "update" prevents new missions from being created.

Update: I had a friend come over to my place to play, and when he hooked up his PS4 to my internet, he had this very issue happen for the first time. His own home internet connection didn't have this issue.

As seen by previous comments, it seems to happen with many different ISPs, so I'm actually thinking it's a router issue in particular -- ports, NAT types, something.

Like everyone else here, the problem started about 3-4 days ago. Prior to that, Warframe was fine on this connection.

Hey Tenno,

Apologies for the late response on this! The PS4 team has been taking a look at the issue of getting stuck on this error message: "An updated version of Warframe is now available. Missions cannot be entered until the update is installed. Please exit and run the launcher."

We have a lead on what may be causing this and are looking to hot-drop a potential fix immediately after tomorrow's ~ 11 AM ET launch of The Deadlock Protocol. We'll be monitoring for any lingering issues once it is live, so that you can get straight to enjoying the update.

Thanks! 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

This has been going on ever since the test cluster started on friday. I'd get the network not responding prompt then the there's an update prompt that forces you to restart the game losing everything you just got from the mission! I'm effin pissed off because I've lost night wave standing for both of my accounts & I'm Not looking forward to the Many New bugs that tomorrows update gonna bring!

Edited by (PS4)Ronin_Wolf_47

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno,

Apologies for the late response on this! The PS4 team has been taking a look at the issue of getting stuck on this error message: "An updated version of Warframe is now available. Missions cannot be entered until the update is installed. Please exit and run the launcher."

We have a lead on what may be causing this and are looking to hot-drop a potential fix immediately after tomorrow's ~ 11 AM ET launch of The Deadlock Protocol. We'll be monitoring for any lingering issues once it is live, so that you can get straight to enjoying the update.

Thanks! 

Thank you for the update Danielle! I'm hoping it works.

I have been getting this exact issue for days now. Submitted a ticket, but nothing. I hope they get this fixed soon. I have spent hundreds of dollars on warframe, and i cant even play more than one mission anymore.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno,

Thanks! 

You cant really be that sorry...its been being reported over and over by people for days, and you just put out a response today? With the possibility of a potential fix tomorrow? Way to provide info. Thank you, your care for your player base is astounding.

Edited by (PS4)Sswoop-
Didnt properly represent my anger the first time

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Sswoop- said:

I have been getting this exact issue for days now. Submitted a ticket, but nothing. I hope they get this fixed soon. I have spent hundreds of dollars on warframe, and i cant even play more than one mission anymore.

LOL, imagine thinking your special because you put money into a free to play game literally because you wanted to. Our money keeps DE going, it's true, but does not make you any more entitled then anyone else to a working game.
Also, responses to errors like this tend to take time. You know, issues that take time to track, read all the reports, find what's going on, develop a solution.... yup, that happens instantly when they are still working from home over a weekend.

Over a third of the worlds population works weekends. And over half of the United states population is working from home right now. What other excuses do you have?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Sswoop- said:

Over a third of the worlds population works weekends. And over half of the United states population is working from home right now. What other excuses do you have?

And a LOT of stuff in the US and in every other country effected by recent events  is taking a MUCH LONGER TIME.... 
I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just tried of people thinking they are far more entitled then they actually and expecting things to take a far shorter amount of time then they should. I mean seriously! Ya, game being down stinks, but this is a pretty darn good turn around time for a fix from DE, so I think we would be happy or at least appreciative. Stuff breaks, it happens, no one is perfect after all and DE is not a large developer.

• Like 2