Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"An updated version of Warframe is now availalbe" PS4 issue (Fixed)

(PSN)RipTide438

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

And a LOT of stuff in the US and in every other country effected by recent events  is taking a MUCH LONGER TIME.... 
I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just tried of people thinking they are far more entitled then they actually and expecting things to take a far shorter amount of time then they should. I mean seriously! Ya, game being down stinks, but this is a pretty darn good turn around time for a fix from DE, so I think we would be happy or at least appreciative. Stuff breaks, it happens, no one is perfect after all and DE is not a large developer.

You are right. I'm just mad and throwing a fit. I do see what youre saying. I guess it's just making me mad because they dont even respond to ticket submissions. I didnt even get a generic, copy-paste, reply. And its been like 4 days. But I do get it, and before I get too far down this hole of hating on DE, I'm gonna stop and check myself. Thank you for that

It is constantly happening to me while playing solo and with my friends. Once I launched my 23rd mastery test and it forced me out of the game while I was loading in. So i restarted my game and it counted as me failing and i had to wait til the next day to do it again. Its very frustrating.

On 2020-06-27 at 7:54 PM, (PS4)Sinjadis said:

If it is not resolved with the Deadlock Protocol update then i am definitely going straight to Sony, reporting the problem (with vid + SS of it occurring EVERY LOGIN and asking SONY how such a botched job can make it past thier Cert. I suggest everyone else do the same. It is pretty obvious DE does not monitor these threads or the support tickets. Like, at all. But, if you go straight to the platform and explain how this is NOT up to Sony Certified standards as even being a playable game, well that MAY shake a few branches. Or not. Either way I think it is something that direly warrants attention. I mean c'mon DE. Hopefully Sony will step in.

Hmm ... unless, of course, the source of this issue is actually somewhere within Sonys domain.

I mean, this is the same application which has had an identical copy downloaded and copy/installed from the Sony PS Store onto every PS4 that has been running it since it was released.

Of course, if it is a “bug” in that application, there would be A WHOLE LOT MORE reporting of it. But, there isn’t really much at all. And that is REALLY weird. Because THERE IS SOME. But it only began at all (in this case) on or around the morning of Friday, the 26th.

But then it get even weirder, because if, when, and how it effects systems varies. For some players it has hit, and then just disappeared on its own (what? how can it just “fix itself?”). Well, if it “fixes itself,” how can someone realistically try to file a bug report here?

From what I have seen, in terms of chatter, there have been AT LEAST as many instances in of this seeming to just “fix itself,” as there have been unique cases reported in this thread. 

But it gets weirder. Because in the instances where it has gone “full blown,” some have been acute (wham, just like that, on Friday), some gradual, some delayed, and some delayed AND gradual. But for THE MAJORITY of ALL PS4 players, there has been no trouble at all.

Now, if these were human beings, and not PS4 game consoles, I’d say that this looks like a virus, against which most people are immune, while those who are susceptible had developed and responded to symptoms and onset in different ways.

But PS4 Consoles aren’t people. They can’t catch a virus that only effects one application, or something related to it (like a folder in the systems settings or something like that). Maybe a PC could. But this is a PlayStation 4. A virus can’t get into a PS4, because it would have to have gotten into from ... gasp Sony! OMG! 

Nah, just kidding.

There is no virus that has come from Sony and gotten into players PS4 consoles and triggered some sort of corruption of the locally saved player data or whatnot. That’s just Orokin Tech type “Sci Fi.” It can’t happen in “real life.”

Right?

2 hours ago, (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax said:

Hmm ... unless, of course, the source of this issue is actually somewhere within Sonys domain.

I mean, this is the same application which has had an identical copy downloaded and copy/installed from the Sony PS Store onto every PS4 that has been running it since it was released.

Of course, if it is a “bug” in that application, there would be A WHOLE LOT MORE reporting of it. But, there isn’t really much at all. And that is REALLY weird. Because THERE IS SOME. But it only began at all (in this case) on or around the morning of Friday, the 26th.

But then it get even weirder, because if, when, and how it effects systems varies. For some players it has hit, and then just disappeared on its own (what? how can it just “fix itself?”). Well, if it “fixes itself,” how can someone realistically try to file a bug report here?

From what I have seen, in terms of chatter, there have been AT LEAST as many instances in of this seeming to just “fix itself,” as there have been unique cases reported in this thread. 

But it gets weirder. Because in the instances where it has gone “full blown,” some have been acute (wham, just like that, on Friday), some gradual, some delayed, and some delayed AND gradual. But for THE MAJORITY of ALL PS4 players, there has been no trouble at all.

Now, if these were human beings, and not PS4 game consoles, I’d say that this looks like a virus, against which most people are immune, while those who are susceptible had developed and responded to symptoms and onset in different ways.

But PS4 Consoles aren’t people. They can’t catch a virus that only effects one application, or something related to it (like a folder in the systems settings or something like that). Maybe a PC could. But this is a PlayStation 4. A virus can’t get into a PS4, because it would have to have gotten into from ... gasp Sony! OMG! 

Nah, just kidding.

There is no virus that has come from Sony and gotten into players PS4 consoles and triggered some sort of corruption of the locally saved player data or whatnot. That’s just Orokin Tech type “Sci Fi.” It can’t happen in “real life.”

Right?

^That is a wonderful post! 

The only thing I can say that kinda does not support your hypothesis is that: If you look at other consoles in the forums here you will find it is multi console (switch being the worst affected of them).  So, ruling out Sony as the culprit, that only leaves DE....and the Saved Data pilfering Orokin. Right?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Sinjadis said:

^That is a wonderful post! 

The only thing I can say that kinda does not support your hypothesis is that: If you look at other consoles in the forums here you will find it is multi console (switch being the worst affected of them).  So, ruling out Sony as the culprit, that only leaves DE....and the Saved Data pilfering Orokin. Right?

Well, I really was just kidding. 

Because it was outrageous.

It was reading like simplistic technomancy.

Things are far more complex than that.

The matter is NOT (for me, at least) trying to find out who is to blame, but trying to figure out how this is happening as it has been. It really is VERY WEIRD.

It is, of course, not the first time any of these hang-ups have arisen. 

I have run across them in the past.

But not like this.

In local community circles, when the question first started coming up (recently), my first impression was, oh yeah. I’ve run into this one before. Backtrack ... how did I deal with it ... ? 

But it was more complicated than the sporadic incidents I’d encountered and dealt with in the past. More “aggressive” (for lack of a better word), and more persistent. More resilient. And with another coming in close on top, along with other things which also would not be out of the ordinary of the occasional, it seemed that there really was something unusual going on.

So the first question (to myself) was, has something like this happened before?

Not like the simple to clear up type, but where it’s been really difficult, presenting like a “bug.” 

Hn9SfRJ.jpg

Finding precedents was sparse (as was finding present reports), across all platforms, and what was even MORE scarce was any information about, if, how, the incidents were resolved. 

I finally found one, (for the platform) which had SOMETHING, but needed a little ... translation ...

8gwnHMb.jpg

juCb60o.jpg

00sIziA.jpg

kYs4psw.jpg
But from that, combined with some screen shots taken from my own PS4, I was able to cobble together a crude infographic which laid out a “solid” suggestion for something to try, which also had some decent (nominal but “confirmed”) resource credibility.

UeeTPrT.jpg

That was in the wee morning hours of the 27th.

With other iterations showing up (and more cases), I went back to try to look further into it, and, among other things, turned up a 2017 report which contained a reply from DE support (which to my relief, confirmed that my “translation” was correct, and also included some preliminary procedures). Also a couple of PC reports on similar topics seemed that they might be related.

v7XbCK5.jpg

YAbcT6Q.jpg

GY0TQPg.jpg

CRdWaou.jpg
There IS still a bug report on this which has not been archived, but containing no “ how” in the instances of “fixed,” “it’s fixed,” or “they fixed it,” (presumably “they” must be the Harry Tuttle Ninja.

iu54SAm.jpg

And if anyone asks, “how did who fix what?” the answer would be “it fixed itself,” like Orokin Magic ... er ... technology... the self-repairing machines. That is, unless you’re one of the people for whom “they” didn’t “fix it.” But that was May, and players were happy to declare “we’re clear.” 

87VrFzh.jpg

So, I drew up an even more embarrassingly lame wannabe-infographic.
To TRY to provide some reasonable suggestions for things that might work or help (because they can’t hurt the system if tried).

Whatever the outcome, I seriously doubt that DE or Sony has a Central Services level of pent up vindictiveness just waiting for some content creation stunt to try finger-pointing. But Sony DOES have a notorious reputation for not providing description or explanation for ANYTHING that they do (which, one could say, is on par with the amount of description & explanation DE provides about how to do things in Warframe ... THEY are notorious for THAT).

Players would be condemning themselves to say that they are notorious for not trying to understand how things work, but just trying to demand that it has to work now or else.  On May 1, “it fixed itself.” While  Orokin Magic er Technology may well be simplistic beyond possibility, figuring that ruling out the Sony Culprit only leaves DE, totally cuts out a solution, and invites Central Services back to “help.”

Or, maybe not. 

While not “Central” there are SERVICES which fall BETWEEN DE and their 

PARTNERS & TECHNOLOGY

https://www.digitalextremes.com/about#node-95

Aside from I Service Ps, there is, of course AW Services

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-03/amazon-unveils-new-server-chip-to-compete-with-intel-s-product

https://d1.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/architecture-monthly/AWS-Architecture-Monthly-September-2019.pdf

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/19/amazon-powers-cloud-servers-for-90-of-large-game-companies/

Still, maybe there actually was the equivalent to a code time bomb that was written into the last update sent to Sony (and Nintendo?) for certification, that just went off a few days ago, but very slowly, and in all sorts of different ways, and just went away somehow on its own for some of all effected, who are so few as to make repeated searches for information about occurrences really hard to find ... what? 

14 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno,

Apologies for the late response on this! The PS4 team has been taking a look at the issue of getting stuck on this error message: "An updated version of Warframe is now available. Missions cannot be entered until the update is installed. Please exit and run the launcher."

We have a lead on what may be causing this and are looking to hot-drop a potential fix immediately after tomorrow's ~ 11 AM ET launch of The Deadlock Protocol. We'll be monitoring for any lingering issues once it is live, so that you can get straight to enjoying the update.

Thanks! 

Just going to leave this here, for the people that say DE is not responding to this thread.......

12 hours ago, (PS4)Sswoop- said:

You are right. I'm just mad and throwing a fit. I do see what youre saying. I guess it's just making me mad because they dont even respond to ticket submissions. I didnt even get a generic, copy-paste, reply. And its been like 4 days. But I do get it, and before I get too far down this hole of hating on DE, I'm gonna stop and check myself. Thank you for that

NP bro, we all get frustrated. Lets hope this gets fixed today with or after the update as DE Danielle indicated.

Hey guys - another follow up! We are gearing up to launch The Deadlock Protocol on PS4 and I wanted to take a moment to share an update on the team's plans to fix this issue as its developed. We are going to first make sure that there are no major issues with the update before we submit the fix for approval. Once we're in the clear we'll jump right on getting this fix out. 

I will continue to keep you updated as we move along with the day. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys - another follow up! We are gearing up to launch The Deadlock Protocol on PS4 and I wanted to take a moment to share an update on the team's plans to fix this issue as its developed. We are going to first make sure that there are no major issues with the update before we submit the fix for approval. Once we're in the clear we'll jump right on getting this fix out. 

TYVM Danielle! Go PS4 team go!

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are moving forward with getting a build ready with a fix for the issue! Thanks for your patience, Tenno. I'll let you know when we have shipped it off for clearance. 

Hopefully this fix gets implemented soon. I swear ive been checking my ticket submission every hour for 5 days trying to get a response lol. I'm just glad its being worked on. I wanna go get protea.

On a related note, I havent been able to play more than 1 game for about a week now. Will there be any compensation for the 7 days of boosters ive missed out on? I have 3 active boosters each for 30 days and ive missed out on about a weeks worth of each. For now I'll just be happy to be able to play again, but it would be nice to know I won't lose all that booster time.

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are moving forward with getting a build ready with a fix for the issue! Thanks for your patience, Tenno. I'll let you know when we have shipped it off for clearance. 

Hey guys! Word from the team is that the fix is in cert and we are hoping to be able to launch it tomorrow morning. I'll check in with you then!

Has anyone else been annoyed by the following glitches or random issues that need the be addressed.

PS4 in RJ:

Armaments: we  forge all before going into mission from drydock. In mission we find, nothing was forged. had 1 shot of dome charges and few flux in Stock. Happens to me every 3 to 4 missions. 

The Tactical mini map: moves around so much that Warp points are hidden by the UI top and bottom. Sometimes the warp points are clustered into one point. To fix it have to get out of piloting and move about to get it right again. Remotely fixing breached points are also blocked by UI on the bottom. Happens oftentimes. 

Wukong Twin spontaneously dies even with full health and no enemies in sight. Happens more while in Index. 

Danielle, after Deadlock Protocol dropped and I updated my game, I've been playing the last 3 hours with no issues now.  It looks like the issue may be resolved with the update, at least for me. 

Also, I'd like to say that I truly appreciate you looking into this so quickly and working to resolve it!

I really don't understand why there's so much hate in this thread for an issue that's only affecting a small amount of the player base.  You were investigating less than a day after everyone started commenting in threads mentioning they were experiencing the same.   Can't ask for much more than that.  Now to farm Protea 🙂

10 hours ago, (PS4)larsonsier said:

Danielle, after Deadlock Protocol dropped and I updated my game, I've been playing the last 3 hours with no issues now.  It looks like the issue may be resolved with the update, at least for me. 

Also, I'd like to say that I truly appreciate you looking into this so quickly and working to resolve it!

I really don't understand why there's so much hate in this thread for an issue that's only affecting a small amount of the player base.  You were investigating less than a day after everyone started commenting in threads mentioning they were experiencing the same.   Can't ask for much more than that.  Now to farm Protea 🙂

I was thinking that the update might fix this issue itself! I'm glad to hear that was the case for you and potentially others. We're still going to push the fix just in case there are stragglers who are still unable to get into the update 🙂 

Good luck with getting Protea!!

10 hours ago, (PS4)ZephXiii said:

Has anyone else been annoyed by the following glitches or random issues that need the be addressed.

PS4 in RJ:

Armaments: we  forge all before going into mission from drydock. In mission we find, nothing was forged. had 1 shot of dome charges and few flux in Stock. Happens to me every 3 to 4 missions. 

The Tactical mini map: moves around so much that Warp points are hidden by the UI top and bottom. Sometimes the warp points are clustered into one point. To fix it have to get out of piloting and move about to get it right again. Remotely fixing breached points are also blocked by UI on the bottom. Happens oftentimes. 

Wukong Twin spontaneously dies even with full health and no enemies in sight. Happens more while in Index. 

Hmm, well saying that I have not encountered any of all (that I could make out about) what was said (although I do work on and use my Railjack quite a lot ... sometimes even feeling that I’m neglecting some other things in Warframe as a result) really can’t do much at all in the way of speaking for everyone.

But this thread is reporting bug (or problematic issue) with “Matchmaking.”

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/194-matchmaking/

(Don’t ask me how this is a “Matchmaking” bug, and not a “Performance” issue, where the game/application is failing to perform certain tasks correctly, for some players https://forums.warframe.com/forum/200-performance/ )

There is another section for reporting mission (and related) bugs,

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/195-mission/

where there are a number of Railjack reports (I think)

https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=Railjack&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=195

But certainly not everything that can go wrong is included, so there’s probably some good opportunity to begin reporting some of the things listed. It’s probably best to try to disentangle them from one another, and describe each of them as clearly as possible.

In fact, I think there was a form that was suggested recently for reporting bugs ... [DE] Bear ... I think there’s a link to it in my notifications ... just a sec ... 

SUBMITTING A BUG REPORT FOR THE WARFRAME REVISED UPDATE

There is a lot of ground being covered in the Warframe Revised update, so here is an updated guide on how to submit a bug. Please note, this thread should only be used when encountering a bug related to the recent update and the revised systems within.

BEST PRACTICES

• Include a video or a screenshot if possible! Visual references can help direct us to issues faster than without them.
  • Steps to recreate the bug, if known. Again, this is to help us locate the issue faster.

USE THIS FORMAT TO SUBMIT YOUR BUGS!

• TYPE: [Launcher, In-Game, Chat, etc.]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Tell us what you were doing when the bug occurred. Details here are helpful]
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Tell us how we can replicate this bug, if known]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Tell us what you think should have happened, ex: “I should have drawn my weapon”]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [What actually happened, ex: “I went into a T-Pose”]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [How often it happens when you try to reproduce it, ex: “It only happens half the time / when I am crouching / when using Hydroid.”]

Let us know what you find, and please make sure to keep your posts constructive and civil. The better and closer to this format you follow, the easier it is for us to find these bugs and fix them!

And then to report a bug, just start it as a “topic.”

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/195-mission/?do=add

Operator, did you hear about the matchmaking bug that tells you there is an update ready, and forces you to restart, when there isn’t one? 

Le 30/06/2020 à 00:16, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Hey Tenno,

Apologies for the late response on this! The PS4 team has been taking a look at the issue of getting stuck on this error message: "An updated version of Warframe is now available. Missions cannot be entered until the update is installed. Please exit and run the launcher."

We have a lead on what may be causing this and are looking to hot-drop a potential fix immediately after tomorrow's ~ 11 AM ET launch of The Deadlock Protocol. We'll be monitoring for any lingering issues once it is live, so that you can get straight to enjoying the update.

Thanks! 

years pass over, the same problems remain

Archived