The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

wait till dreamworld ability for it comes out,contrary leaf storm ftw!

Sure, sounds great. Except for the part where it has terrible stats, or the part where grass is a terrible offensive type, or the part where that is all it can do.

Sure, sounds great. Except for the part where it has terrible stats, or the part where grass is a terrible offensive type, or the part where that is all it can do.

Contrary Leafstorm is nothing to scoff at. This is Serperior vs Common Uber threats.

+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 276-325 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar: 216-254 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 328-387 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mewtwo: 351-414 (99.4 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 117-138 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 95.9% chance to 3HKO

+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 322-379 (77.7 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Groudon: 354-416 (87.6 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 242-288 (70.7 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Serperior has base 113 speed w/ decent bulk (75/95/95) and passable base 75 SpA. Neither of the above can OHKO AND outspeed him. Do not underestimate Contrary Serperior.

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

hatched me a shiny roggenrola! took way longer than it should've, but shiny gigalith looks so cool, I had to go for it. then i went back to the season 2 ratings battles, special category, swapped out my talonflame for a gimmicky protean greninja with life orb, 3 special attacks, and mud sport. proceeded to get my &#! kicked, a lot. except against the highest rated trainer I faced, ironically (high 1600's, close to 1700). but I did draw in a mega-nectric with the mud sport. I also didn't realize its stats are base 135 sp atk and speed. that thing is blazing fast

all in all, the experiment had limited success. in other news, rough skin rocky helm garchomp is super fun. I'm also considering switching out dual screens klefki for male meowstic, but crafty shield is extremely useful, and foul play has helped me out a lot. meowstic has quick guard though, which deals with sucker punch and other priority users. both get thunder wave in addition to dual screens, but meowstic also gets yawn. but without an attacking move, meowstic get wrecked by taunt. what pokemon are some good users of taunt, in your opinions? oh, greninja learns it, hmm, may have to use that. liepard gets priority taunt, as well as encore and yawn. quite annoying. so klefki vs. meowstic vs. liepard for the support slot. liepard shuts down the other two, but the other two bring their own niche moves in

also saw a meowstic run swagger with safeguard, and boost its teammate's attack without worrying about the confusion. it boosted mega mawile, who, despite its typing, didn't like taking a foul play after that

hatched me a shiny roggenrola! took way longer than it should've, but shiny gigalith looks so cool, I had to go for it. then i went back to the season 2 ratings battles, special category, swapped out my talonflame for a gimmicky protean greninja with life orb, 3 special attacks, and mud sport. proceeded to get my &#! kicked, a lot. except against the highest rated trainer I faced, ironically (high 1600's, close to 1700). but I did draw in a mega-nectric with the mud sport. I also didn't realize its stats are base 135 sp atk and speed. that thing is blazing fast

all in all, the experiment had limited success. in other news, rough skin rocky helm garchomp is super fun. I'm also considering switching out dual screens klefki for male meowstic, but crafty shield is extremely useful, and foul play has helped me out a lot. meowstic has quick guard though, which deals with sucker punch and other priority users. both get thunder wave in addition to dual screens, but meowstic also gets yawn. but without an attacking move, meowstic get wrecked by taunt. what pokemon are some good users of taunt, in your opinions? oh, greninja learns it, hmm, may have to use that. liepard gets priority taunt, as well as encore and yawn. quite annoying. so klefki vs. meowstic vs. liepard for the support slot. liepard shuts down the other two, but the other two bring their own niche moves in

also saw a meowstic run swagger with safeguard, and boost its teammate's attack without worrying about the confusion. it boosted mega mawile, who, despite its typing, didn't like taking a foul play after that

I just have to say this... why on earth would you run mud sport on greninja? If you're going to use a utility move, you're better off w/ Sash Toxic/Spikes + 3 Attacks. Mud sport is a waste of a moveslot and highly situational. Even when mud sport does become somewhat useful, then what? You're still going to switch out Greninja in fear of HP Ice. (Don't think that I don't like gimmicky, fun sets. I do, only when they work.)

Anyway, you don't have to worry about Greninja using Taunt. The only time you will be facing one is when you're playing against an idiot or a person who's experimenting. As for Liepard, it's easy to take care of. You will rarely see Liepard, it will never shut down Meowstic/Klefki. The only taunters you have to fear would be the following : Sableye, Meowstic, Deoxys Speed,  Deoxys Defense, Gyarados, Mandibuzz, Terrakion, Whimsicott, Tornadus, and Thundurus.

could use spikes in that slot to accomplish the same thing, switching greninja to ground type and avoiding an electric move, but in doubles spikes isn't super useful. but again, since mega-nectric has base 135 speed, if its timid it'll outspeed timid greninja anyway. I also needed something to take out salamence reliably, aka something with decent speed and ice beam. 

I was considering switching in a taunt user to take out meowstics and klefkis and the like. I've been seeing a lot more meowstics than klefkis lately. meowstic can't learn taunt, but sableye might be a decent taunt user, and it also gets priority recover, will-o-wisp, confuse ray. but its pretty frail. maybe I'll consider gyarados as a taunter. but of those available in the kalos dex, only liepard will outspeed meowstic, but then again, meowstic has quick guard, which would block it anyway. oh well, whatever. guess I'll train up my perfect froakie, give him the standard u-turn, hydro pump, ice beam, dark pulse, LO set, and see how that goes. or maybe talonflame's fine in that spot. I'm overthinking it way too much

guess the only real question is whether I should switch out dual screens+crafty shield klefki for dual screens+quick guard+thunder wave meowstic, and hope the likes of Ttar, mawile, gengar, and zoroark (I'll see those every once in a while. then I laugh) don't use taunt. most of them shouldn't. meh. guess its time to breed a meowstic

could use spikes in that slot to accomplish the same thing, switching greninja to ground type and avoiding an electric move, but in doubles spikes isn't super useful. but again, since mega-nectric has base 135 speed, if its timid it'll outspeed timid greninja anyway. I also needed something to take out salamence reliably, aka something with decent speed and ice beam. 

I was considering switching in a taunt user to take out meowstics and klefkis and the like. I've been seeing a lot more meowstics than klefkis lately. meowstic can't learn taunt, but sableye might be a decent taunt user, and it also gets priority recover, will-o-wisp, confuse ray. but its pretty frail. maybe I'll consider gyarados as a taunter. but of those available in the kalos dex, only liepard will outspeed meowstic, but then again, meowstic has quick guard, which would block it anyway. oh well, whatever. guess I'll train up my perfect froakie, give him the standard u-turn, hydro pump, ice beam, dark pulse, LO set, and see how that goes. or maybe talonflame's fine in that spot. I'm overthinking it way too much

guess the only real question is whether I should switch out dual screens+crafty shield klefki for dual screens+quick guard+thunder wave meowstic, and hope the likes of Ttar, mawile, gengar, and zoroark (I'll see those every once in a while. then I laugh) don't use taunt. most of them shouldn't. meh. guess its time to breed a meowstic

Forgot that Meowstic doesn't learn taunt. If you want something to get rid of Mence (or dragon types in general), use Mamoswine. He is the ultimate dragon check. Anyway, do not underestimate Sableye's bulk.

252 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 112-133 (36.8 - 43.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 101-119 (33.2 - 39.1%) -- 9.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 152-179 (50 - 58.8%) -- 69.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Reckless burned Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 140-165 (46 - 54.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 51-60 (16.7 - 19.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 85-100 (27.9 - 32.8%) -- 84.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk burned Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 123-146 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 4 Atk burned Genesect U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 84-99 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- 62.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk burned Genesect U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 102-120 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- 19.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Goodra Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 127-151 (41.7 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 88-104 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 113-133 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 156-184 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 196-232 (64.4 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk burned Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 151-178 (49.6 - 58.5%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Adaptability burned Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 119-141 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Aerilate burned Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 156-184 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Mega Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 88-104 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 121-144 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk burned Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 79-93 (25.9 - 30.5%) -- 2.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk burned Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 102-121 (33.5 - 39.8%) -- 26.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 135-160 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 160-189 (52.6 - 62.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 102-121 (33.5 - 39.8%) -- 24.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 116-137 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 156-184 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^Sableye vs some common pokes I've seen in PO and Showdown (I didn't put some pokemon in there because Sableye wasn't meant to switch in to them.)

nice, thanks for the suggestions! and I will not underestimate sableye's bulk. priority will-o-wisp is certainly nothing to scoff at, and only being weak to fairy type moves is not too bad either, especially since they still aren't too prevalent on non-fairy types

nice, thanks for the suggestions! and I will not underestimate sableye's bulk. priority will-o-wisp is certainly nothing to scoff at, and only being weak to fairy type moves is not too bad either, especially since they still aren't too prevalent on non-fairy types

Yeah, most fairy types aren't too scary. The only ones I'd be weary of would be Arceus-Fairy, Xerneas, Whimsicott, and Azumarill (and mega Lati@s if the rumors are true about them being fairy/dragon or Zygarde in Pokemon X2/Y2|Z if he gets a weird new form w/ fairy typing)

at least it would have some competitive use instead of being garbage,and you can't use coil :P

Yeah, most fairy types aren't too scary. The only ones I'd be weary of would be Arceus-Fairy, Xerneas, Whimsicott, and Azumarill (and mega Lati@s if the rumors are true about them being fairy/dragon or Zygarde in Pokemon X2/Y2|Z if he gets a weird new form w/ fairy typing)

mega mawile,that thing only has 2 weaknesses and 210base attack thanks to huge power.

mega mawile,that thing only has 2 weaknesses and 210base attack thanks to huge power.

I would have mentioned MMawile, but priority will'o'wisp from sableye, will'o'wisp from rotom-w, and the fact that a lot of physical walls outspeed MMawile ruin it. I could say the same about Azumarill ; however, Azumarill doesn't play the same role as MMawile and so it doesn't risk getting will'o'd.

you need to predict will o wisp,double switch and then SD or sub

You also have to remember that MMawile only has base 50 speed. Switch out and risk getting something else burned. SD up and only remain neutral which then allows the opponent one turn to do whatever he/she wants. Sub and you'll have 25% less hp w/ residual damage from burn while also having 50% less attack.