The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

they're more like prime frames: stats aren't any better, they're just...shinier, haha. back in the day they were more like prime weapons because the shininess was based on stats, but now it's not. speaking of which, I might have to break out my burston prime again, that was a pretty fun weapon

anyhow, back to pokemon.. thanks for the tip, mindbreakz, her attack isn't that impressive anyway, but knock off is there for the utility, not really for damage. still trying to decide on the moveset, she has a lot of great utility moves, knock off, defog, taunt, toxic, and I was definitely going to have foul play and roost. but I can probably fit toxic on something else, and sableye is a better taunter, but I'm not sure I'd use sableye on my standard team. though if I don't have something like rotom-w, sableye would be a good WoW-er

they're more like prime frames: stats aren't any better, they're just...shinier, haha. back in the day they were more like prime weapons because the shininess was based on stats, but now it's not. speaking of which, I might have to break out my burston prime again, that was a pretty fun weapon

anyhow, back to pokemon.. thanks for the tip, mindbreakz, her attack isn't that impressive anyway, but knock off is there for the utility, not really for damage. still trying to decide on the moveset, she has a lot of great utility moves, knock off, defog, taunt, toxic, and I was definitely going to have foul play and roost. but I can probably fit toxic on something else, and sableye is a better taunter, but I'm not sure I'd use sableye on my standard team. though if I don't have something like rotom-w, sableye would be a good WoW-er

Her attack stat isn't nothing to write about ; however, knock-off nukes from Mandibuzz do a surprising amount on a select few.

What would be even more terrifying is that at level 100, a Marill with Adamant  + Huge Power and max Attack IV and EVs would be looking at 1216 Attack after Belly Drum.

Azumarill with the same stats stands at 1744 attack post Belly Drum. 436 without drums or Attack boosts..

Get rekt.

Of course, you'd probably be looking at level 50 battles, I suppose. but still. Large numbers. Whee.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Said marill is now a level 50 azumarill.

Only thing is that I kinda need to tweak my hp so belly drum works properly with sitrus berry.

Also I have a 31/31/31/0/31/31 spread on it.

Currently running 252 atk/252 hp/4 spe

It is winning super rotation battles for me with ease and that is amazing

Said marill is now a level 50 azumarill.

Only thing is that I kinda need to tweak my hp so belly drum works properly with sitrus berry.

Also I have a 31/31/31/0/31/31 spread on it.

Currently running 252 atk/252 hp/4 spe

It is winning super rotation battles for me with ease and that is amazing

4 EV's on speed? What for? What do you hope to outspeed with 4 EV's on speed? You're better off putting it on SpD so that Genesect gets the Attack boost rather than the SpA boost.

4 EV's on speed? What for? What do you hope to outspeed with 4 EV's on speed? You're better off putting it on SpD so that Genesect gets the Attack boost rather than the SpA boost.

Outspeed uninvested base 50s.

Genesect doesn't want to take a +6 waterfall anyway so It doesn't bother me.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 369-435 (130.3 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edited by Sixty5

Outspeed uninvested base 50s.

Genesect doesn't want to take a +6 waterfall anyway so It doesn't bother me.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 369-435 (130.3 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

MOST threats have over base 50 speed and I bet other pokemon wouldn't mind.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 132-156 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 237-280 (68.8 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 94-111 (26.7 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. Water Absorb Vaporeon: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

(Vaporeon can easily switch in and phaze out Azu)

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 183-216 (54.7 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(If Skarmoryswitches in safely, Azu will be phazed out)

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 212-250 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 212-250 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In other news, Japan got PokeBank again. The waiting game begins....

https://twitter.com/IsPokeBankOut/status/425775873896095744/photo/1

marowak can get something similar with the bone club held. Also, the Marill line is the only known one capable of changing genders upon evolution! 

The problem with Marowak is that it is shoehorned into its item, Azumarril is free to hold whatever it wants.

marowak can get something similar with the bone club held. Also, the Marill line is the only known one capable of changing genders upon evolution! 

The thing about Marowak is that he's too slow, and in this meta and past 2 gens, speed is almost everything (if it were everything, we wouldn't be seeing things like Conkeldurr. Reuniclus, Vaporeon, etc. in OU). I'll give him the merit that he deserves for his above average bulk, but it isn't enough. Unless you run a bulky Sub SD set or Jolly max speed w/ Sticky Web support (still won't be able to outspeed base 95+ timid/jolly or base 108 w/ Adamant/Modest), I would stay away from that orphan.

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

well, stealth rock is still a good deterrent to a lot of things, but if you want to keep it up, its a hassle. I have a ferrothorn with SR right now, but he's a little more offensive than defensive, so he's not there just to set up hazards, not like the old days. I guess you don't see a lot of dedicated hazard setters anymore, you'll have stuff like excadrill, garchomp, or ferrothorn who also serve another role