The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

lol damnit 

Well how does the pinsir and manetric stone sound for latias and kyurem so far?

I'm kinda looking to trade the pinsirite, charizard x, manectite, and tyranitarite in one session and since I'm obviously giving you the better end of the bargain, I kind of expected more. I'll just go to reddit for them unless anyone else is interested.

I'm kinda looking to trade the pinsirite, charizard x, manectite, and tyranitarite in one session and since I'm obviously giving you the better end of the bargain, I kind of expected more. I'll just go to reddit for them unless anyone else is interested.

Lol alright then, good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm not the only who has thought of this, when I first played:

There's a spot in the Reflecting Cave where there's a glowing landing--you likely thought there'd be a Legendary Pokemon when you came here earlier. Nope! It's a Alakazite.

Found this hilarious quite while browsing Mega Stone guides.

I recently started getting into the game again, and I started breeding. I finally got myself a 5 IV Pokémon. - I chose Dratini.

I followed this guide, and Dratini's outstanding stats can't be beat.

Now, I need a few answers from you guys (Oh, and I want to go competitive!):

1. I need to know a good Nature to breed.

2. Should I try and get a 6 IV? (Is it hard?)

2.1. If it's hard, or not worth it, which IVs' should I go with? (My Dratini's only missing IV is Sp. Def. and I'm considering to try and get it, over HP.)

3. Which ability do I go with? - Shed Skin seems great, but only has a 33% chance (It apparently instantly removes Burn and Poison, so I have read.), and its hidden ability, Marvel Scale, only has a 50% defense against status conditions.

4. And lastly, which moves should I go for? Right now, I have crappy moves, but I can always raise it a bit and/or teach it better moves and breed once again. (Right now it has Leer, Slam, Agility and Dragon Tail. - Blegh, they all seem bad.)

I recently started getting into the game again, and I started breeding. I finally got myself a 5 IV Pokémon. - I chose Dratini.

I followed this guide, and Dratini's outstanding stats can't be beat.

Now, I need a few answers from you guys (Oh, and I want to go competitive!):

1. I need to know a good Nature to breed.

2. Should I try and get a 6 IV? (Is it hard?)

2.1. If it's hard, or not worth it, which IVs' should I go with? (My Dratini's only missing IV is Sp. Def. and I'm considering to try and get it, over HP.)

3. Which ability do I go with? - Shed Skin seems great, but only has a 33% chance (It apparently instantly removes Burn and Poison, so I have read.), and its hidden ability, Marvel Scale, only has a 50% defense against status conditions.

4. And lastly, which moves should I go for? Right now, I have crappy moves, but I can always raise it a bit and/or teach it better moves and breed once again. (Right now it has Leer, Slam, Agility and Dragon Tail. - Blegh, they all seem bad.)

1. For sweepers like Dragonite, it's best to get a +speed nature w/ -SpAtt

2.Only go for 6 IV's if you're trying to get a mixed attacker (a pokemon that can utilize both Att and SpA e.g. Lucario).

3.Multiscale is the superior option in most cases and Dratini doesn't get Marvel Scale.

4.For Dragonite, the most popular set at the moment seems to be Multiscale Jolly 4HP/252Att/252Spe w/ Weakness Policy : Extreme Speed/Dragon Claw|Outrage/Dragon Dance/Fire Punch|Earthquake|Roost. Since you most likely don't have Extreme Speed or Fire Punch, you could run Roost and Earthquake. 

I suggest using Showdown, Pokemon Online, etc. since you'll have all sets available for you. If you want to do singles competitive, I suggest going to : http://www.smogon.com/ for advice.

As for doubles, triples, etc., you're going to have to ask VGC veterans for help.

For those who haven't seen the new carbink formes : 

carbink.jpg

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

• 3 months later...