Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My opinion on upcoming hard mode

With respect to @[DE]Rebecca and @[DE]Steve

First and foremost, I apologise if I'm tagging the wrong person because I don't know who to tag on this topic.

From what I see and hear about hard mode, there are drop chance boosters and Mastery Point as the reward and in my opinion they're not a good thing to add in the hard mode.

My concerns are

1. Mastery poin

Since mastery point is involved, we already have some tenno claiming it as a mandatory because it's needed for progression instead of being optional mode. Also, this puts risk of having people that only bother to leech off other players because they want the mastery points despite not ready for it yet, possibly skewing the data about it.

Another concern from getting mastery point is having complaints about people leeching off while being a burden because they can't protect themselves and people complaining the hard mode is "too hard" because they don't know how to build their mod and start demanding you to nerf the difficulty with many excuses such as "should be more accessible to everyone" to "broken unfair" that can be seen where Brozime said that Level 125 Vay Hek is too tanky while we get a Tenno posting a video of doing it solo as rebuttal in the same forum thread.

2. Drop Chance Booster

Having these boosters active made it a bigger problem since we have tenno using it as a reason hard mode should drop more everything, making it a more appealing place to farm instead of a place to do a field testing to step away from simulacrum. In my view, this will cause the same problem where people only play to get something or leech off players due to increased affinity gain from higher level to level up "mastery fodder" weapons, farming kuva which apparently people can't have enough of this or materials, possibly causing the complaints if not because of mastery point.

My opinion on this is to not putting these as a reward or bonus because it may become another place to farm and complain over the smallest thing instead of a place to do field testing on mod builds, and I believe hard mode can be made more interesting than just increasing numbers because from what I see in this forum, increasing numbers doesn't make things harder, only slower and more tedious so I suggest spicing up the mission in hard mode by adding something extra to make the mission requiring your attention instead of standing still and nuking like this thread I made before

Another way to do it is making a new mod system to balance the game, but doesn't get a positive response as listed

I hope this can come into consideration in making hard mode before public release.

Regards,

A tenno

• Like 2

Affinity farms moving over to steel path is unlikely as it's just not worth it. Affinity just doesnt scale well enough to balance out escalating EHP values. Without any boosters to it the game mode might just be dead a week after release. We saw something similar with Railjack where DE had to bring in the join any crew button because usually missions nodes just didnt have people playing them.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Since mastery point is involved, we already have some tenno claiming it as a mandatory because it's needed for progression instead of being optional mode.

Founder pack gives mastery points too. Is it mandatory for progression?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

Founder pack gives mastery points too. Is it mandatory for progression?

We wouldn't have "Bring Excalibur Prime to Prime Access" threads if we don't have people chasing 12k mastery point from them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

We wouldn't have "Bring Excalibur Prime to Prime Access" threads if we don't have people chasing 12k mastery point from them

That's obviously false. Mastery is just one of the reasons people make these threads.

Anyways, MR30 will most likely become available this year. What happens next? Yeah, DE will keep releasing new content. Getting everything won't be mandatory to get to MR30.

🤣

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

Another concern from getting mastery point is having complaints about people leeching off while being a burden because they can't protect themselves and people complaining the hard mode is "too hard" because they don't know how to build their mod and start demanding you to nerf the difficulty with many excuses such as "should be more accessible to everyone" to "broken unfair" that can be seen where Brozime said that Level 125 Vay Hek is too tanky while we get a Tenno posting a video of doing it solo as rebuttal in the same forum thread.

🤣 Things like this are the reason I expect hard mode will be nerfed, before it even gets released to those of us that would play, and enjoy the game mode. I still wonder if anyone that made it into the test cluster methodically played through every node. It's kind of an important thing to do, since there is this one node on Phobos(Kepler) that has the potential to be broken if enemies are actually what some claim.(small chance, but still a chance)

I doubt any of them even gave a minutes thought about playing them all, or Kepler. I already watched another video where one of the tubers wanted less nodes for hard mode. Which is just more terrible advice DE may take, robbing the rest of us of more game play. Did all 257 even get Hard mode missions?

After seeing the way railjack enemies were described, versus what I experienced when playing it solo prior to the revisit. I have a real hard time believing anything I 🙈, or 🙉 on warframe 🙊 youtube channels.

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I already watched another video where one of the tubers wanted less nodes for hard mode. Which is just more terrible advice DE may take, robbing the rest of us of more game play.

This actually makes sense. At no point in my entire WF history did I log in and thought "I would really like to play a Capture/Sabotage/Rescue/Spy mission", Not in their current state. Pointless bloat hardly can be called meaningfull content.

On topic; with hard mode DE opened a pandoras box and they need to get ready for unpleasant consequences. This uneducated power hungry community might tore them into peaces.

9 hours ago, ShortCat said:

This actually makes sense. At no point in my entire WF history did I log in and thought "I would really like to play a Capture/Sabotage/Rescue/Spy mission", Not in their current state. Pointless bloat hardly can be called meaningfull content.

On topic; with hard mode DE opened a pandoras box and they need to get ready for unpleasant consequences. This uneducated power hungry community might tore them into peaces.

This makes no sense at all. How are we supposed to enjoy the entire star chart with enemies that do not instantly die. If the star chart magically shrinks, or they nerf the enemies to where they die instantly. Both of those defeat part of the reason for the mode in the first place.

If anything we need an option to do fissures, nightwave, Lich, etc while in hard mode.

The biggest problem is going to be nerf cries from people wanting the rewards, without any effort. It's already started just look around. Go watch a few tubers they are already complaining.

2 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

This makes no sense at all. How are we supposed to enjoy the entire star chart with enemies that do not instantly die. If the star chart magically shrinks, or they nerf the enemies to where they die instantly. Both of those defeat part of the reason for the mode in the first place.

If anything we need an option to do fissures, nightwave, Lich, etc while in hard mode.

The biggest problem is going to be nerf cries from people wanting the rewards, without any effort. It's already started just look around. Go watch a few tubers they are already complaining.

I was actually reffering to certain mission types and that they already have little to no purpose. Expanding hard mode to those missions is a waste of every single storage bit. I would even go so far and say - removing above mentioned mission types will improve the game as a whole.
I did not make a comment about "difficulty", since I had not experienced hard mode yet. However, I can imagine future development, which may start a new power wheel spiraling out of controll, caused by certain type of players demanding "catch up buffs".

6 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

I was actually reffering to certain mission types and that they already have little to no purpose. Expanding hard mode to those missions is a waste of every single storage bit. I would even go so far and say - removing above mentioned mission types will improve the game as a whole.

That is nothing but a subjective opinion. There are people that like each of the game modes. Removing the things they enjoy is counterproductive to making the game better for anyone, but yourself.

It's basically the same as what some of the tubers have been doing for a while now. Complain till the content is made more casual for them. DE for years has made excellent content, it's just getting destroyed, by not staying true to their vision. That's how they are managing to alienate some of the veterans, which are also large supporters of the game. 

Old Warframe had challenge, it's the Warframe that some of us have supported for years. Is it really so bad to let some of those that have been supporting DE for so long, have a little bit of the Old Warframe back? 

Stalker nerfed, Prosecutors nerfed, Manics nerfed, Scrambus nerfed, Combus nerfed, Orb Vallis nerfed, Railjack nerfed, Wolf nerfed, etc etc etc I could type this list all day. Why has it become impossible to have anything requiring effort, or better game play to overcome, without it being destroyed by nerfs?

Balance is one thing, but this take easy content, and make it even easier, that has been happening as of late is absolutely insane.

11 hours ago, Nichivo said:

That is nothing but a subjective opinion. There are people that like each of the game modes. Removing the things they enjoy is counterproductive to making the game better for anyone, but yourself.

You can spare me with this self-righteosness. Next thing you will tell me Lunaro is a success, becasue 11 people are still playing it, while resources spent on its development could have been allocated to other projects. Or maybe is Infested Salvage a success? It is an objective fact, that those missions/game modes are deserted; people play Capture missions only because they have to unlock a node or if there is a Fisure.

11 hours ago, Nichivo said:

It's basically the same as what some of the tubers have been doing for a while now. Complain till the content is made more casual for them.

Keep your strawman friends away from me. At no point did I complain or asked for more casual experience. It would help to actually pay more attention to other peolpe, not the narrative you constucted in your head.

14 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

You can spare me with this self-righteosness. Next thing you will tell me Lunaro is a success, becasue 11 people are still playing it, while resources spent on its development could have been allocated to other projects. Or maybe is Infested Salvage a success? It is an objective fact, that those missions/game modes are deserted; people play Capture missions only because they have to unlock a node or if there is a Fisure.

Once again! Just because you don't like a game mode, doesn't mean others do not, or that it's abandoned. I personally know people that play those game mode, and enjoy them so it is obviously not a fact.

15 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Keep your strawman friends away from me. At no point did I complain or asked for more casual experience. It would help to actually pay more attention to other peolpe, not the narrative you constucted in your head.

It's hardly a strawman. For it to be a strawman you would first have to propose an argument that could even stand up. Then I would have to choose to use it as an argument that is easier to defend. Neither of those has happened yet. LOL🤣

27 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

It's hardly a strawman. For it to be a strawman you would first have to propose an argument that could even stand up. Then I would have to choose to use it as an argument that is easier to defend. Neither of those has happened yet. LOL🤣

I never proposed an arguemnt, because I wasn't even arguing on difficulty. I said it 2 times already, yet you insist to argue with me how hard mode is being destroyed by complains. Go figure.

12 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

I never proposed an arguemnt, because I wasn't even arguing on difficulty. I said it 2 times already, yet you insist to argue with me how hard mode is being destroyed by complains. Go figure.

I  already stated that when I explained how the simile you quoted wasn't a strawman. I think I will just put you on ignore. It's not like I will be missing anything.