Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising tides quest last part impossible???

Xynthar

Question

OK so i have limbo prime, When im in my rift and trying to heal i somehow get hit while in the rift (though less than when im outside)??? WTF. I havent even banished anyone and im somehow getting hit, All the freaking sentients keep adapting to my damage and swarming me, I cant even freaking do this quest because everytime when i exit the rift to hit something (even before then im getting hit somehow?!??) I immeadetly die, It is so infuriating to have so many sentients, Ospreys, and a crap ton of corpus soldiers swarm me, And i dont even know if you can co-op, If you cant, What the f***.

Edited by Xynthar

25 answers to this question

Sadly, these mission cannot be done co-op.

I've recently been watching my spouse finish these missions.  She used Gara, which was a very smart idea, as Gara's 4th ability can make a wall that prevents enemies from getting into the zone you want to keep them out of.  Additionally, Gara herself is durable as heck with her 2nd ability as long as you have 130% Ability Strength.   Both of these abilities on one frame is a great combo for these missions.

One alternative might be to use a strong build for a frame like Ember, one that focuses on murdering everything around you before they can become a problem.  Brozime's latest Ember build (YouTube) would be good for this.  It wouldn't melt the Sentients the same as the other enemies, but that would give you some breathing room to take care of the Sentients whenever they pop up.

Conversely, Limbo doesn't seem like the best pick, as Limbo is a delicate Warframe who dies pretty much the instant he loses control of the situation...and this is a situation he doesn't have control over, especially due to those Sentients.  He's towards the very bottom of the list of frames I'd recommend for this.

Don't forget that Sentient resistances can be removed by a single shot of your Operator's beam attack.  So if they've adapted too much, switch, shoot, then switch back; this will make them take normal damage until they adapt again.

For dangerous enemies like the Sentients, I'd recommend a weapon that does high burst damage.  So sniper rifles (if you don't have trouble aiming them) or shotguns like the Arca Plasmor or the Catchmoon.  Weapons like these can deal a lot of damage in a single quick shot, which means you won't be sitting in the same spot aiming - and thus vulnerable - for too long at one time.  Also, never forget to move as much as possible, you will always take less damage if you do this.

You'll probably want some way to heal your health, because you are definitely going to get hurt.  Mods like Life Strike can do this, as can certain Warframe abilities (sometimes with Augments), pet abilities, and Operator Arcanes.  I'm guessing Life Strike is the easiest to get for most people?  But you will take damage with Sentients around, so you'll want some way to heal through it.  Naturally if you use mods that increase your health that will make you even more durable.

Also, if you see Sentients do that thing where they curl into a ball and make a spin-spin laser wheel?  I'd recommend just running far far away until they stop; it hurts way more than it should and it's really hard to avoid and also hard to hit them when they do that.  You're not in a rush, and better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps a bit!

• Like 2

My build is mostly for range and duration, But what i dont get is how its getting hit when ive banished no one and im in my void.  My weaponry dont have an actual build ive just put in damage and stat mods in it

Just now, Xynthar said:

My build is mostly for range and duration, But what i dont get is how its getting hit when ive banished no one and im in my void.  My weaponry dont have an actual build ive just put in damage and stat mods in it

Are you using Cataclysm? That will bring enemies into the rift as well. I would recommend using stasis as well if you are.

3 minutes ago, Xynthar said:

I am, but somehow im still getting hit

You are using Cataclysm+Stasis?

Remember that Stasis and Cataclysm do not have the same duration, so activating them both at the same time will cause Stasis to run out halfway through, meaning you have to reactivate it.

As for what else, I can't think - I've not encountered many things that pass through the rift.

One of the reason you might still get hit when using limbo cataclysm is because the stasis no longer affect the sentients for the full duration because of scarlet spear so they will still be able to attack you in the cataclysm dome even when stasis is still running. A nullifier could've remove your stasis too and you might've forgot to reactivate it again. Honestly you don't even have to use limbo for this mission. As long as you use a warframe that could use CC, you're basically good to go.

• Like 2

Well ok but even when i havent even banished anyone and ive entered the rift they still hit me, Without cataclysm just the passive, Ive realized this as a problem when ive gone to other missions as well

7 hours ago, Miser_able said:

did you use limbo for the quest before limbo was nerfed against sentients?

I did it when it was released, so, yes.

EDIT: AH RIGHT. Sorry, was late where I was when I posted that...:facepalm:

Edited by Loza03

I did all of these missions with a Rhino Prime built for Iron Skin. Weapon-wise I had my Arca Plasmor, Paracesis and probably my Aklex Prime. I didn't really have any trouble with even the last mission if I'm honest.

Also i have prime weapons yet im still having trouble so not very helpfull Zilchy but otherwise thanks for the feedback

Editing this comment: Just finished the last part, thanks guys for the tips i honestly thought limbo would be best because of his 4 but i guess not, Finished it with nekros, was hard but did it, thanks

Edited by Xynthar

3 hours ago, Xynthar said:

Also i have prime weapons yet im still having trouble so not very helpfull Zilchy but otherwise thanks for the feedback

Editing this comment: Just finished the last part, thanks guys for the tips i honestly thought limbo would be best because of his 4 but i guess not, Finished it with nekros, was hard but did it, thanks

How does that prove anything? It's the mods that make a weapon good not just owning it. I said that you're rushing because it's quite clear you're not fully aware of how the enemies work. A tenno with more experience would, hence rushing. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

pro-tip: if a Player says they are having trouble with something, and a second Player responds by saying little more than "the content is easy", then I can't think of a reasonable way to frame that as one Player helping another Player.  and since this forum is called "Players helping Players", I can't help but feel that such posts don't have a place here.

so if you're the kind of person who would post such a reply, i would like to try to help you: if you want to reply, get outside of your own head and your own experience and recognize that some people experience the same things in very different ways than you do.  if you can't do that, do all of us a favor and don't waste others' time and energy with unhelpful replies.  asking for help takes bravery and vulnerability, and it's pretty low to repay that with dunks and condescension.  i 100% believe that you are capable of being better than that.

• Like 2

God I hate this mission too, how can I beat this. I have an Excalibur, Volt, Oberon, Limbo and Mirage. Octavia Prime, Ivara Prime and Inaros Prime on the way. I use a Cedo as my weapon and a Zaw that does 2k dmg as my mellee. How can I beat this

Update: I completed the mission. Inaros Prime brute force.

Edited by Cammobro

7 hours ago, Cammobro said:

God I hate this mission too, how can I beat this. I have an Excalibur, Volt, Oberon, Limbo and Mirage. Octavia Prime, Ivara Prime and Inaros Prime on the way. I use a Cedo as my weapon and a Zaw that does 2k dmg as my mellee. How can I beat this

By doing more than 2K damage. That's tiny. Simply put - you need to increase your mods and builds on your weapons and frames.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

I think you just need more tank on your frame. I used Wukong prime. Celestial twin on my Tombfinger Kitgun (built only on radiation damage) and i used a dagger zaw (on radiation viral i think). If you want i can tell you the parts, but none of my stuff is top tier builds. I think Inaros will be a good pick if you keep up the dps, but as Limbo, since sentients are effected by stasis for less time, it might be worth counting and getting a figure. Run max range, duration and count the duration. Then when it moves,  reactivate stasis. So, lets say they are effected for 50 percent less, and lets say stasis lasts 20 secs, when the timer says 10 seconds, deactivate and reactivate it. This should potentially allow you to keep them still provided you have the energy.

Edited by (NSW)Super_Kami
I felt it wasn't entirely helpful at frst

I actually did this quest again recently on my alt. Funnily enough by using standard Limbo (modeded for high duration and survivability)

When Sentients turned up, I switched between blasting them with my corrosive Fulmin and Operator amp (only made a 1 1 1 amp because cba to do Eidalons) to reset resistances. Fulmin isnt optimised, haven't even got a max rank serration on it, but it's more than able to ruin starchart level stuff.  

The Corpus usually swarm the area you need to keep clear while dealing with them, but they're easy enough to clear out afterwards.

Other than that, just keeping an eye on nullies and using a fast firing pistol to shred their bubbles. I probably died a couple of times  but far from impossible to do.