Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on some warframes - Mesa, Hildryn, Equinox, Ivara, and Limbo.

Silvertap

This is the Feedback section, so here it goes:

Mesa: People gona hate me but, in my mind i aways see her as the most unreliable warframe in the game. She isn't bad in anyway, actually in my view she is in between medium and strong, and if i can make her full kit work she tends to go more to the strong side, and that is where the danger lies, after 40 Mot Minutes she starts to be ineficient, and sometimes potentially "oneshooted", i aways ask my self "how?" - Maybe i'm not very skilled with her, but her kit always passed a sense of security that doesn't belong to her (IMO), i guess that is my main problem when i play her, i start to relax and then death comes, actually i aways give a small laugh when i see another mesa die, and think to my self "ha, there goes your 'supremacy' " Actually the only thing that really botters about her is that she doesn't scale that well, in higher lvls using peacemaker is a waste of time, on the other hand, if it wasn't like that she would be too OP. So, my evaluation of her is: she is a 1h frame, i bet she won't do wel in steel path. (don't hate me people... i also had i time when i was in love with this frame)

Hildryn: I like her, her augments did well for her, her exalted gun got stronger wich is also very good, i don't know if it (gun) will scale, but now that shield gate is a thing she might be a good frame to have in your party since she easily restore shields. She is very resistant, can handle enemies easily too. I guess she suffers the same grendel's prejudice from people, because she isn't in "society's ideal" shape people tends to find excuses to hate her. But she is very good, not a very offensive frame thought, but she has defense, CC, weakens enemies in area, and energy drops. Sometimes i hear people complaining that DE doesn't release good frames anymore, but i have a very diferent opinion about that, majority of the new warframes from a year and a half ago are very strong, people just lack experience with while loose their time looking at warframe's butts.

Equinox: It has been the warframe that i spent the most energy to try to make it work since i started to play this game, i even used a Umbral forma on her. Day form has an easy logic, but she is too squish, even with shield gate, but as a nuke she works, shame that i couldn't make a "warrior" build for her, all i could do was a "build" that changed from day to night and night to day to cc enemies while i build 4th skill, but that is hurdle to play (feels like playing Diablo III in higher rifts, i don't like this kind of struggle). I tryed builds that could be used with both day and night, i tryed night builds like tank, sleep, slow and suport. Night suport is almost useless, it works, but is slow, and almost all other support frames are better then her in this aspect. Night Slow, doest the augment works? i can't feel the diference, when i notice i could do it i though "wow another nova to play" just to be dispointed. Night Tank, full umbral + hunter adrenaline + a bit of range + Arcane grace + Arcane Guardian = A very good tank frame, that weakens enemies damage, i like it very much. Night Sleep, everyboddy know how she works righs? And with shield gate this gives her another tankness form through CC and Briff Respit and 4th skill, not bad, not my favoret, but works. Night works better than Day, but Day is more used because is nuke ans "cheesable" , witch makes her more popular as squish than tank. I feel that i still have more tests to do with her, but she is wierd, i feel like i should make her work as an ever changing between Day and Night, but that is very hard to do, her passive should be "have 2 extra mod slots + points" lol.

Ivara and Limbo: I will put then here together becuase i have the same complaint about both, they are the very best for some specific content, but i would like to have some good auternative builds to play then. Don't get me wrong, i know that there is ways to play diferently, but those are not very efficient (specially in Ivara's case) and cluncky (specially in Limbo's case). These are thing that could be solved with better augments, for exemple if Ivara exploding arrow exploded not only on head shots or if Limbo had a less chaotic and more offensive augment (isn't he mage? More focus dude!!) 

Well that is it, i will keep doing my feedbacks when feel like it,

Sorry for the bad english.

Okay, so I won't go into details on all frames you've mentioned just limbo himself as I do quite often play him now a days so, let's begin.

27 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

they are the very best for some specific content, but i would like to have some good auternative builds to play then.

Yes that's indeed true though you can use limbo for more then defense/excavation as his passive is a great survival tool and I run him on survival also but with a lower range so if I want to use a life support I can do that in peace without being heavy damaged in the process and I know operator is a thing you could use but his kit instead and if you're in a squad teammates that either need energy or cover for a time can enter it without any larger risks of dying. I do wish there was more builds for him as there's always roughly the same builds being out there, either super low range and high duration or long range & strength for nuking purpose but I want to see his other abilities being used more then his two and four as that's what I feel is the only usable abilities in my eyes.

34 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

These are thing that could be solved with better augments,

From my personal experience limbo has one decent augment which is this one
latest?cb=20180325154129
I see people sometimes using this augment and it's somewhat decent honestly but not amazing, his other augment are laughable in my own personal experience, I don't see a point in them though this one is a great example of a good augment if they buffed it a minor bit but otherwise it's manageable. I wouldn't mind they either buffing the other augments in his kit or changing them up a bit to a better state.

37 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Limbo had a less chaotic and more offensive augment (isn't he mage? More focus dude!!) 

He isn't a mage per say, rather he manipulates reality in a sense as his bio says in game "Limbo manipulates the very planes of existence to divide his enemies and conquer them in the rift" so per say he isn't a mage, simply able to change existences/spaces his is stick if I'm personally honest with you.

I like though what you're thinking and I hope somethings become a reality eventually.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RailJakt said:

He isn't a mage per say, rather he manipulates reality in a sense as his bio says in game "Limbo manipulates the very planes of existence to divide his enemies and conquer them in the rift" so per say he isn't a mage, simply able to change existences/spaces his is stick if I'm personally honest with you.

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoghts... And i would never associate limbo as mage, if not for Rebeca more then once refering him as such, puting him in the "Mage of Warframe World" position... But, i get what u are saying, it isn't his lore, maybe it is just her opnion too, not a official thing ^^.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoghts... And i would never associate limbo as mage, if not for Rebeca more then once refering him as such, puting him in the "Mage of Warframe World" position... But, i get what u are saying, it isn't his lore, maybe it is just her opnion too, not a official thing ^^.

No worries & it's quite often that occurs, but I heard that as well at times though I'd personally not call him a mage but then again you're free to call him whatever you want and honestly I'd respect it cause I'm not here to shoot you down saying it's this or that, as it's a free choice and personal opinion of what you think he is.  

• Like 1

Just sharing my equinox builds:

Day Range (for nuke/farm)

https://ibb.co/7Nj0qf8

Day and Night (Stay in night, and turn Day when needed)

https://ibb.co/4t4XtNS

Nigh Sleep Shield (self explanatory)

https://ibb.co/yd9v2HK

Night Armor (keep 3, don't use 4 ideally)

https://ibb.co/Jyg3sQz

Day and Night, Night Sleep Shield, and Night Armor, can easily do level 5 lichs mission. Fight the lich itself can be a bit harder. Also, they need good guns of course, they are at most survival builds/CC buils... Day & Night has more ofensive power, but it is not suficient.

Edited by Silvertap

4 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Limbo had a less chaotic and more offensive augment (isn't he mage? More focus dude!!)

I can answer that question. No, he's not a mage. He is God. And it really reflects the essence of God, because he is God in his world. But who is he when he leaves his world? In the real world, he is just the gatekeeper of his own world.

And it is one of the few frames that really has unique mechanics. I mean, all of his abilities work for the good of the concept. It may be bad for most people, but he can be great in good hands.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I can answer that question. No, he's not a mage. He is God. And it really reflects the essence of God, because he is God in his world. But who is he when he leaves his world? In the real world, he is just the gatekeeper of his own world.

Right, he is one of those frames with strong concept, this i get it. Like Revenant is locked by his concept too.

54 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

And it is one of the few frames that really has unique mechanics. I mean, all of his abilities work for the good of the concept. It may be bad for most people, but he can be great in good hands.

I don't know if i made myself clear, i didn't mean to say that there no why to play him out of his niche, just that it is complicated, and we could have augments to make it simpler or more fun. i actually also have a build to play limbo without been stationary or troubling other, it is just not a very confortable game play (IMO), even if it is better now that we have shield gating.

28 minutes ago, Silvertap said:
I don't know if i made myself clear, i didn't mean to say that there no why to play him out of his niche, just that it is complicated, and we could have augments to make it simpler or more fun. i actually also have a build to play limbo without been stationary or troubling other, it is just not a very confortable game play (IMO), even if it is better now that we have shield gating.

There are actually a lot of things to think about. Yes, maybe Limbo could really be a lighter frame, but at the moment there is a very fine line that it can cross to transform into an old Wukong.

Limbo's abilities are very situational, but if you look, these abilities have good implicit synergies. And people always think of limbo as a stationary frame, because the dome, but his first and third abilities are very mobile. Yes, even though it is tied to one idea of moving between worlds, but in fact it gives a very large tool. A much larger tool than most frames have. I mean, this is the type of frame whose mechanics are simple but strong. Its set does not have a lot of mechanics, but it is really suitable for all situations in the game. And you really don't need to worry about your abilities, because they are strong in any state. And this opens up many variations of builds. Put mods for speed and you are actually a good speedrunner. Take the invisible dog and the best in spy missions. Take mods for radius and you are actually the best tank. Take the duration, strength, and augment mods and you are good at damage.

But Yes, in order for its set to work, you will have to put up with the rift mechanics. I don't know if it can be fixed, but I think this is the price that makes it really interesting.

And the most interesting thing about him is his passive ability. In fact, you can be left without energy, but the passive ability does not worry about it and you always leave your unique playstyle. And this passive ability is what I want to praise DE for. Yes, it's also inconvenient because you lose your evade for this mechanic, but let's be honest, it's not bad. This is so good that Equinox would like the same mechanics for herself. And I really think that all frames should be inspected in order to provide unique gameplay without energy. And I myself was fascinated by such a passive one that I once suggested switching razorwing at the expense of bulletjump.

Limbo is in a good place. I think he really doesn't need any buffs. On the other hand, I'm afraid that DE might start a nerf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Limbo is in a good place. I think he really doesn't need any buffs. On the other hand, I'm afraid that DE might start a nerf.

Truth to be told there are a few warframes that are too good, and they end up ruining co-op. But lets see how it goes, specially now with hard mode.

1 minute ago, Silvertap said:

Truth to be told there are a few warframes that are too good, and they end up ruining co-op. But lets see how it goes, specially now with hard mode.

Well, I don't think hard mode will be difficult. I'm already ready for only Titania map passage. I think that now people will split into two camps, where the first will only take effective frames for the situation, while others will just try to set themselves a challenge purely for fun. I would not be surprised if the fish harpoon Volt meme will be relevant again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silvertap said:

This is the Feedback section, so here it goes:

Mesa: People gona hate me but, in my mind i aways see her as the most unreliable warframe in the game. She isn't bad in anyway, actually in my view she is in between medium and strong, and if i can make her full kit work she tends to go more to the strong side, and that is where the danger lies, after 40 Mot Minutes she starts to be ineficient, and sometimes potentially "oneshooted", i aways ask my self "how?" - Maybe i'm not very skilled with her, but her kit always passed a sense of security that doesn't belong to her (IMO), i guess that is my main problem when i play her, i start to relax and then death comes, actually i aways give a small laugh when i see another mesa die, and think to my self "ha, there goes your 'supremacy' " Actually the only thing that really botters about her is that she doesn't scale that well, in higher lvls using peacemaker is a waste of time, on the other hand, if it wasn't like that she would be too OP. So, my evaluation of her is: she is a 1h frame, i bet she won't do wel in steel path. (don't hate me people... i also had i time when i was in love with this frame)

Honestly I'd like a kit refresh for Mesa.  Not because she doesn't work (because she's still rather good despite time passing by with little changes to her kit,) rather I find her gameplay to be rather flat.  Clearly her kit is about using her 4.  But it's so...uninteractive.  Baruuk is also very much about his 4.  But I feel like his other abilities kind of stand on their own enough.  I wish there was more to her gameplay basically.

Hildryn: I like her, her augments did well for her, her exalted gun got stronger wich is also very good, i don't know if it (gun) will scale, but now that shield gate is a thing she might be a good frame to have in your party since she easily restore shields. She is very resistant, can handle enemies easily too. I guess she suffers the same grendel's prejudice from people, because she isn't in "society's ideal" shape people tends to find excuses to hate her. But she is very good, not a very offensive frame thought, but she has defense, CC, weakens enemies in area, and energy drops. Sometimes i hear people complaining that DE doesn't release good frames anymore, but i have a very diferent opinion about that, majority of the new warframes from a year and a half ago are very strong, people just lack experience with while loose their time looking at warframe's butts.

I've just never liked the concept.  Even if her kit was made better all around I still don't think she'd see much gameplay.  She feels more like a test bed of ideas rather than a frame.

Equinox: It has been the warframe that i spent the most energy to try to make it work since i started to play this game, i even used a Umbral forma on her. Day form has an easy logic, but she is too squish, even with shield gate, but as a nuke she works, shame that i couldn't make a "warrior" build for her, all i could do was a "build" that changed from day to night and night to day to cc enemies while i build 4th skill, but that is hurdle to play (feels like playing Diablo III in higher rifts, i don't like this kind of struggle). I tryed builds that could be used with both day and night, i tryed night builds like tank, sleep, slow and suport. Night suport is almost useless, it works, but is slow, and almost all other support frames are better then her in this aspect. Night Slow, doest the augment works? i can't feel the diference, when i notice i could do it i though "wow another nova to play" just to be dispointed. Night Tank, full umbral + hunter adrenaline + a bit of range + Arcane grace + Arcane Guardian = A very good tank frame, that weakens enemies damage, i like it very much. Night Sleep, everyboddy know how she works righs? And with shield gate this gives her another tankness form through CC and Briff Respit and 4th skill, not bad, not my favoret, but works. Night works better than Day, but Day is more used because is nuke ans "cheesable" , witch makes her more popular as squish than tank. I feel that i still have more tests to do with her, but she is wierd, i feel like i should make her work as an ever changing between Day and Night, but that is very hard to do, her passive should be "have 2 extra mod slots + points" lol.

I've never liked her personally.  The idea of 2 frames in one is interesting to be sure.  but I don't think it pans out.  Especially since you really can't use both effectively.  You build for one or the other.

Ivara and Limbo: I will put then here together becuase i have the same complaint about both, they are the very best for some specific content, but i would like to have some good auternative builds to play then. Don't get me wrong, i know that there is ways to play diferently, but those are not very efficient (specially in Ivara's case) and cluncky (specially in Limbo's case). These are thing that could be solved with better augments, for exemple if Ivara exploding arrow exploded not only on head shots or if Limbo had a less chaotic and more offensive augment (isn't he mage? More focus dude!!) 

Well that is it, i will keep doing my feedbacks when feel like it,

Sorry for the bad english.

I'll have to disagree here.  Ivara has very direct styles to play.  I have one for spreading sleep, one for spy missions, and one for using her nuke arrow.  Limbo's way is less direct.  For him I have a small bubble but long duration for him to be the primary defense for static objectives.  I have a huge range medium duration build Strictly for kuva missions to seperate fodder enemies from the guardians.  And then I have a medium range low duration build for him.  This is the one I use for normal gameplay.  I basically lock choke points or groups of enemies down by having them constantly pop in and out of the rift.  it effectively lets me kill enemies safely whilst not impeding on ally gameplay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I've never liked her personally.  The idea of 2 frames in one is interesting to be sure.  but I don't think it pans out.  Especially since you really can't use both effectively.  You build for one or the other.

Actually my build for Day & Night turned out to be fun: If u manage to let 4th skill up (with its augment) and change between night and day contantanly you will auto CC the enemies, while in night u can cast sleep, and while in day u can weaken enemies. Also if u use duallity augment it becomes more interesting. Try to fit Brief Respite and rolling guard can work too. It became quite fun to play... I'm still testing her, but this Day & Night cycle build is fun, and NightSleep is quite strong too.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I'll have to disagree here.  Ivara has very direct styles to play.  I have one for spreading sleep, one for spy missions, and one for using her nuke arrow.  Limbo's way is less direct.  For him I have a small bubble but long duration for him to be the primary defense for static objectives.  I have a huge range medium duration build Strictly for kuva missions to seperate fodder enemies from the guardians.  And then I have a medium range low duration build for him.  This is the one I use for normal gameplay.  I basically lock choke points or groups of enemies down by having them constantly pop in and out of the rift.  it effectively lets me kill enemies safely whilst not impeding on ally gameplay

Well, the thing is, she is highly specialized in stealth, but Artemis Bow is not that great, even with the augment + Streanline Augment, it is more worth to use another gun. If her Artemis Bow augmente didn't have the headshot condition she would be in better place for an easy play, i mean, your team mates won't wait for your aim at the enemies head, when u finished your first shot your friends will had already killed all enemies. I'm not saying that she is bad, or invalidating your opinion, if that is how u feel, i can respect that, it is just that as u stated we disgree with each other. 

8 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Actually my build for Day & Night turned out to be fun: If u manage to let 4th skill up (with its augment) and change between night and day contantanly you will auto CC the enemies, while in night u can cast sleep, and while in day u can weaken enemies. Also if u use duallity augment it becomes more interesting. Try to fit Brief Respite and rolling guard can work too. It became quite fun to play... I'm still testing her, but this Day & Night cycle build is fun, and NightSleep is quite strong too.

mm.  Might be it then.  I don't use the augment that lets her keep her progress on her 4 upon switching.  I find her other augments to be more useful for me.

8 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Well, the thing is, she is highly specialized in stealth, but Artemis Bow is not that great, even with the augment + Streanline Augment, it is more worth to use another gun. If her Artemis Bow augmente didn't have the headshot condition she would be in better place for an easy play, i mean, your team mates won't wait for your aim at the enemies head, when u finished your first shot your friends will had already killed all enemies. I'm not saying that she is bad, or invalidating your opinion, if that is how u feel, i can respect that, it is just that as u stated we disgree with each other. 

Yeah a gun would do better for sure.  My point really wasn't that I have 3 top tier builds for her and more I can suss out 3 unique ways to play with her kit.  Which I find pretty absent in most frames these days.  Apologies if my initial post on her was confusing.

• Like 1