[DE]Megan

XB1 The Deadlock Protocol: Update 28.0.5 (+Hotfixes)

You can use battle avionics if you only have 1 equipped, by tapping RB, but Tether and Munitions Vortex are completely broken and explode as soon as you fire them. Possibly others too, though I've resorted to Seeker Volley which works fine.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you! I will forward this to the team.

Hi, to add to this report about the tactical menu on railjack. The way it was working: pressing and holding(rb) + a,b,or x and it was shooting the ability binded to that button. Now: you select the ability with D-pad then pressing (rb) will shoot ability(in my case). The problem is that now i need to releasing the thumbstick to move the D-pad and choose the ability i want to use. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you! I will forward this to the team.

Hi Megan,

I’ve spent the last hour trying to figure out what’s going on with this as the same thing has happened to me after the recent hotfix. Thought it might have been user error for a while, but it appears to be a bug with so many others being affected.

The issue does not seem to have spawned out of any changes to the controller bindings, as tweaking them did not fix the issue. The Railjack Ability Menu binding (attaches to RB on XB1) links to the Ability Menu bindings, or should. As others have stated, you should be able to use Battle Avionics - and the Railjack Tactical Menu for that matter - the same way you use warframe abilities: Hold the RB + Press A/B/X/Y to cast ability; Hold RB + Press Left D-pad for Tactical Menu.

It seems the only way to use the Battle Avionics now is to cycle with D-pad Left/Right, but even that seems broken. I tested several Battle Avionics and found erratic behaviors rampant throughout.
— For example, the Particle Ram. Prior to the hotfix this ability had two perfectly functioning condition states for casts: a first activation state to keep it attached to the front of the railjack, and a second release cast once in the active state to shoot it forwards, disappearing after a short distance and time. Now, I can only use D-pad Left/Right to select, RB to cast it and just a single RB press causes the Particle Ram to bypass the activation state and instead go straight to the release state. 

If this helps the team, here are some things I have tested with no success in trying to fix the issue:

- Hard reset XB1

- Cleared XB1 cache

- Uninstalled Battle Avionics, launched and finished a mission, reequip Battle Avionics

- In Warframe, switched profile to log out, logged back in, tested again

- Used 4 different loadouts while piloting Railjack: one with all weapons equipped, 3 with one weapon equipped each (primary, secondary, melee), each with a different warframe

- Set Railjack and General controller bindings to Default

Hopefully this adds to the discussion. I would like to play Railjack more as I just started getting into it last week, but as of now it feels broken and simply not worth my time without the ability to use the Battle Avionics I have spent time and energy acquiring and upgrading.

Edited by (XB1)III Equinox III
Forgot one of the things I did to try to fix issue; listed with others
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, (XB1)GhStRdR2k said:

I also cannot use railjack battle avionics or bring up the tactical menu. I hold RB which is the default button for the ability menu and then press the corresponding button for the ability and nothing happens.  

We're on the case of nonfunctional Railjack Battle Avionics:

• Like 1

Hotfix #2 is now live!

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use Railjack Battle Avionics when using a controller. The following has been reverted in order to fix:
  • Fixed right-D-pad equipping Omni-tool (or doing nothing in regular Archwing missions) instead of cycling to the next Warframe/Archwing ability.
  • Fixed an issue reported here where the binding for equipping the Omni-tool was missing when playing with a controller if you had customized your bindings prior to the release of Railjack.
  • Fixed the Railjack HUD sometimes showing "<SECONDARY_FIRE>" on the bottom-left instead of the button that Ordnance is bound to.

Fixes:

• Fixed a soft lock that could occur if you tried to ban someone from Alliance Chat.
  • Fixed missing message for certain types of kick/ban.
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hotfix #2 is now live!

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use Railjack Battle Avionics when using a controller. The following has been reverted in order to fix:
  • Fixed right-D-pad equipping Omni-tool (or doing nothing in regular Archwing missions) instead of cycling to the next Warframe/Archwing ability.
  • Fixed an issue reported here where the binding for equipping the Omni-tool was missing when playing with a controller if you had customized your bindings prior to the release of Railjack.
  • Fixed the Railjack HUD sometimes showing "<SECONDARY_FIRE>" on the bottom-left instead of the button that Ordnance is bound to.

Fixes:

• Fixed a soft lock that could occur if you tried to ban someone from Alliance Chat.
  • Fixed missing message for certain types of kick/ban.

Battle Avionics and Omni working fine now for me, thank you 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DS Monkfish said:

Battle Avionics and Omni working fine now for me, thank you 🙂

Very good to hear! Thank you 🙂 

• Like 1