Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid's Dot Got Hit With The Nerf Bat.

Satsuki

Derp.

The nerf isn't even the part that's annoying, with Acrid, of course, being the whirling tornado of acidic death that is it is / was. However [DE], don't be so cowardly as to not bother formerly announcing making alterations to weapon properties because you're afraid that an insignificant number of users in the vocal minority may feel inclined to react less-than-constructively. This practice needs to disappear, and quickly.

Some players will indeed foam at the mouth in unbridled nerd rage, some will disagree in a civil manner and discuss why they feel the changes are unecessary, whilst some, on the other hand, will actually support the changes. In either case, and regardless of which side a player takes, all will appreciate the honesty in not attempting to hide these alterations as long as your justification for making said changes are reasonable.

Edited by Renegade-CIX

wait! how was the Acrid nerfed?

The DoT is delayed.

It seems as though it will do a single tick when the projectile hits a target, then it will require several seconds before the next tick.

and when was it nerfed?

Who knows, there hasn't been any documentation given to us about the change. Which is precisely the problem.

I can only say it definitely took place either when the Vault update was deployed, or after.

There was no patch afaik, last I saw the thing was intact...

Inb4 OP forgot to remove extinguished dragon key.

Exactly that.

The DoT is delayed.

It seems as though it will do a single tick when the projectile hits a target, then it will require several seconds before the next tick.

Do you perhaps stock power duration increasing or decreasing mods? Who knows, maybe it's affected by this...

Edited by Sherbniz

It is not fake ladies and gentleman, it is real. At least, it is real in some player's games. A friend of mine told me that the Acrid no longer has any ticks, instead, it now does the amount of damage for the initial hit plus one tick of poison DoT instantly.

Edited by NightSniper

There was no patch afaik, last I saw the thing was intact...

Exactly that.

Do you perhaps stock power duration increasing or decreasing mods? Who knows, maybe it's affected by this...

I just tested this, because I felt it may have some credibility in the face of the numerous bugs we have to deal with in each update, and I'd indeed been running Fleeting Expertise for the last few days.

Swapped Fleeting Expertise out for Streamline: No difference.

In relation to the comments about accidentally equipping the Extinguished Key: No.

And pray-tell, why would the Extinguished key have any effect on the rate at which the DoT ticks? I'm not talking about damage output, from what I can tell it's exactly as it was. The delay in between the ticks has been changed, it's ticking at least every 2 seconds for an 8 second duration now, as opposed to every 1 second over a duration of 4.

Something else about the Acrid has changed recently, too (and no, not the colour addition, smart asses. I'm talking about the actual functional properties of the weapon), which is proof enough that the weapon has been fidgeted with. I wonder if any of you are actually observant enough to tell me what it is.

My Acrid setup: Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Heated Charge, Convulsion, Deep Freeze, No Return, Ammo Mutation.

Target tested against: Heavy Gunner (Exta)

FPS: Normal

Result: Delayed ticks

If you're going to test it for yourself, don't pick a target and pump it full of 10 thousand needles. Shoot it once, watch the rate that it ticks at.

Edited by Renegade-CIX

It is not fake ladies and gentleman, it is real. At least, it is real in some player's games. A friend of mine told me that the Acrid no longer has any ticks, instead, it now does the amount of damage for the initial hit plus one tick of poison DoT instantly.

Your friend is partially correct. There is one tick that occurs immediately when the projectile strikes the target (this is visible when you hit because all of the numbers now show up instantly instead of displaying a drain over time) then the DoT occurs every 2 full seconds after.

Edited by Renegade-CIX

It is the latency lag. Unless you been hiding under a rock for the past months you would have noticed that the hosting on this game is complete crap. 

Except that Acrid's DoT was functioning perfectly before among this 'complete crap' hosting, as you put it? And for that matter you don't get connection-related latency if you're the one hosting? Why would anyone test this under conditions that would intentionally skew the results?

Try thinking a little before you make senseless comments, thanks.

And for that matter you don't get connection-related latency if you're the one hosting? 

Well, you SHOULDN'T,but you can.

As certain aspects of the AI is controlled by the DE servers it is entirely possible (and I have had it a few times before) to "lag" in solo mode.

Using "multithreading" actually caused similar effects when I was first made aware of the feature, on most games I would appear to be lagging especially when I was host. (From what I can see it appears fixed in the last update, although haven't tested it for long)

As for the Achrid, I don't know, I havent used it in a while, I find it to be the most boring gun in the game, not sure why, it just puts me to sleep. 

Also it is worth pointing out, that even if it has been changed, with Armour 2.0  coming soon any & all changes to weapons are irrelevant. (Which is also a pretty solid reason as to why DE wouldn't waste time with these kind of tweaks)