Sign in to follow this  
-SG-Vulcanizor

Why friendship doors and charge insta release

Well, as the title suggests, why do we still have those thrice damned friendship doors ingame, that hinder smooth gameplay and sometimes make me hate other players?

Coming to the other part of the title: why do we have charge-type weapons with an instant-release after reaching maximum charge and who thought that would be a cool idea?

Aiming in this game is "hard" enough already with all the erratic movements of enemies, that stupid mechanic only makes it harder to aim, while pressing down the left mouse button and hoping your target doesnt move.

I always loved the Opticor and its vandal version, but this mechanic is just pure evil. And you added that crap to the Tombfinger primary...

• Like 3

You can add fire rate mods so they shoot faster so you don't have to worry about them moving out of the way.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, -SG-Vulcanizor a dit :

Coming to the other part of the title: why do we have charge-type weapons with an instant-release after reaching maximum charge and who thought that would be a cool idea?

I always loved the Opticor and its vandal version, but this mechanic is just pure evil. And you added that crap to the Tombfinger primary...

if you don't like it, there is enough weapon without it for you to be happy, and for the other, to keep this like it.

• Like 1

I too, would love nothing more than friendship doors to be gone, but.. they have their purpose, to let others catch up. Kinda annoying when someone joins and goes AFK, but that rarely happens so, we just got to deal with it..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, -SG-Vulcanizor said:

Well, as the title suggests, why do we still have those thrice damned friendship doors ingame, that hinder smooth gameplay and sometimes make me hate other players?

Aiming in this game is "hard" enough already with all the erratic movements of enemies, that stupid mechanic only makes it harder to aim, while pressing down the left mouse button and hoping your target doesnt move.

ever think that your "smooth gameplay" isn't so smooth for the guy running behind you? and that the friendship door actually make the mission flow smoother for him cuz now he caught up with the action? The door is a primitive mechanic for players to synchronize the game flow, we need a better version of it or situations where it's more useful, not to get rid of it. 

Opticor charge can always be release before fully charge if u pass half the duration with reduced damage, it's a risk-reward situation that make it unique and frankly, make charge mechanic more diverse. For primary tombfinger, this isn't the case, but then it's just a little different flavor of risk-reward in the sense that u don't need to wait half the charge duration to shoot something like the opticor. Oh and did i mention both of them are AoE weapons so u ain't really being punish for missing a shot? 

both of these things that you think is bad are simply being use for situation and way of plays that you don't usually engage with. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just mean u ain't thinking it through on their purpose.

Edited by FireSegment
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

Opticor charge can always be release before fully charge if u pass half the duration with reduced damage, it's a risk-reward situation that make it unique and frankly, make charge mechanic more diverse. For primary tombfinger, this isn't the case, but then it's just a little different flavor of risk-reward in the sense that u don't need to wait half the charge duration to shoot something like the opticor. Oh and did i mention both of them are AoE weapons so u ain't really being punish for missing a shot? 

Mister, I don't want to release it halfway, I want to see its full damage - exactly the same way as the Dread. One does not simply fast fire it.

Oh and did I mention that I'm aiming for the head, to see even bigger damage numbers? When I miss this part, the shot goes off and does not explode randomly in the air and rectifies its status as an AoE weapon, but I'm glad I didn't think it through.

11 hours ago, GKP_light said:

if you don't like it, there is enough weapon without it for you to be happy, and for the other, to keep this like it.

Don't you or can't you read? 

il y a 1 minute, -SG-Vulcanizor a dit :

Don't you or can't you read? 

without it, the Opticor would just feel like a weird shaped bow.

• Like 1

Wait, because I could control exactly when to release its massive energy beam, which is hitscan and has no drop off, it would feel like a bow?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, -SG-Vulcanizor said:

Mister, I don't want to release it halfway, I want to see its full damage - exactly the same way as the Dread. One does not simply fast fire it.

Oh and did I mention that I'm aiming for the head, to see even bigger damage numbers? When I miss this part, the shot goes off and does not explode randomly in the air and rectifies its status as an AoE weapon, but I'm glad I didn't think it through.

then the answer is easy, improve your aim with the weapon, accept that you can't control the timing fully, the mechanic are designed for the player to quickly flick the aim onto the enemy head in the very last moment of the charge, don't aim at their head the entire duration.

Also, the trick of using it as AoE weapon is to jump up and shoot down from above, that would make sure it always damage the enemy when the bullet hit the ground, or just target their feet till u comfortable aiming at the head. These are the thing a player should realize for themselves and feel clever discovering it, i probably just spoiled that for u

If in the end that still not your cup of tea, then ... just use any other weapon, we have no shortage of charge weapon that work like a bow, which the Lanka is, and Drakgoon is, and Velocitus is,  and etc ... you get the point, "bow" is just a short hand for guns that let you hold the charge shot,

The fact that you don't realize that there are people prefer Opticor to work this way, that they would run around using Javlok all the time, that instant shot after charge is someone else cup of tea is .... fine, really, it's fine. Nobody know how everyone else play the game. but then condemning something like this as evil and saying "why this is still in the game" like it's an oversight really show that you didn't think it through or realize that there is a deeper level of diversity at work.

Edited by FireSegment

On 2020-07-01 at 3:42 AM, -SG-Vulcanizor said:

And you added that crap to the Tombfinger primary...

Awww... does your meta boomstick weapon have a drawback to using its most damaging fire mode? Such a shame that DE would actually see a weapon they know will be powerful and give you just one, teeny, tiny limiter to how well you can apply it. Did you want a side of head-shot-lock-on targeting while you're at it?

Since I apparently met the only two special-minded defenders of this very unique mechanic: I deeply apologize before such a grandeur of thoughtfulness and reality shaking arguments and will now always JUMP or seek the higher vantage point before firing my gun. Oh, I will also learn the art of predicting the future to be able to know where the head of those most erratic moving enemies will be, so I won't miss anymore.

I'm so humbled by your enlightenment.

Also to repeat my "don't you or can't you read" line: the "why is it still in the game" only concerned the friendship doors part - but I very much thank you for reading so carefully what exactly I wrote.

Another also: following Birdframe_Prime, the insta-charge-relase is a drawback, thanks for acknowledging.

Feel on charge shot is mostly okay apart for everything but the Ferrox which has a projectile the size of a twig and a rather weak and small aoe on bullet impact. Certainly get where your coming from and it is incredibly frustrating but it can definitely be seen as a way to limit a weapon that'd otherwise be quite silly. feel it might need changes on some weapons but for the example of an opticor it has a projectile wide as a tree trunk with bullet pen and an aoe. Lanka is a projectile weapon based on precision and so has enough hindering damage on it. tomb finger primary has an aoe but cant be the only one that feels like its quick shots are incredibly viable and that the aoe was designed as a way to make a semi auto weapon that could handle small groups when needed but that's just how I interpreted the design.

As for friendship doors they serve a definite purpose for those who fall behind in levels though it'd be one for the whiteboard definitely. stuff like coolant cells in sabotage 2.0 hit the right kind of spot. small objectives that require little learning for those who haven't gotten used to the games movement and only get a few opportunities, but offer engaging ways for those that do run ahead to waste some time and allow for catch up. Something like "lockdowns" in exterminates which close all points but the entry to a room and spawns in a larger wave of enemies might be nice, like just have buffed up magnetic door barriers on grineer and lasers for corpus that act as solid barriers except for enemies that flood into the room.